Need Advice About Places To Visit In Ao Nang Area

mataleo

Hi, going to Thailand for the 4th time, this time different cuz got thai gf. I will stay week in bkk, and 2 weeks in Ao Nang, just wonder we will have much to do there for 2 weeks, I mean i know there nice places to see, just need to find out place names, I would like to see some island phi phi and poda or chicken island or monkey if not to far. And some hot springs pools, if someone can give me directions. Would like to do some kayaking too. I think Ao Nang is best place to go around from. I wonder is there any cinema, shooping centre (something like royal garden plaza in pattaya), and some discos in Ao Nang? I am looking for some small quiet remote beaches too, where i can stay with gf, and not many peoples around :o Any advice welcome. Thank you.

Kris

ps.

I am 28

and got some hotel booked already Ao Nang Grand Inn. - any reviews about it? good bad? thiews? as its in good location and cheap - 600-700thb/night thanks

Edited by mataleo

.Ao nang is pretty quiet,no plaza shops in a/c to do shopping,no cinema,plenty of shops along the beach to keep your g/f occupied.There's two bar areas,but they are more for the single guy.having said that its a nice relaxing place and there plenty of trips to do,and plenty of agents to book them through.

no one know about ao nang?

uhm :o

Nahhhh....................this is just a sleepy forum mataleo. Is your GF your avatar? NICE !

If I could get her cel number then I can give her a call once you go home, ha, ha,ha (just kidding....NOT!)

O.K., but seriously Ao Nang is sort of a transition place, it's not really a destination. You go to Ao Nang to head for other islands, Ao Nang itself has become just sort of a tourist nightmare, McD's, Starfuc_ks, BK Burgers, overpriced everything.

So, uncle Huggy has this for ya and the advice costs you your avatar's cel number. Day trip from Ao Nang to Railay. Daytrip from Ao Nang to Maya Bay Koh Phi Phi Lei (although I was by there on Tuesay and it's a bit of a tourist nightmare too, but what the hel_l, go snorkeling). Then head south to Koh Lanta either by boat or van.

Tons of reasonable places to stay in Lanta. Beaches there much nicer than Ao Nang. Look down the Forum board here there's a Lanta thread going recommending places. After a few days there get a boat to Koh Jum. You want island paradise? Koh Jum is it.

But do yourself a favor and don't stay in Ao nang for two weeks. 3 nights is good enough.

Have a good time and don't forget that cel# ;-)