Lime For House Plaster/render In Bkk?

joolz

looking for slaked lime (calcium hydroxide) or quicklime (calcium oxide) to plaster the exterior wall of a house, anybody has found a good source?

in thai:

ปูนขาว for calcium hydroxide

ปูนดิบ for calcium oxide

pls note this is NOT white cement

many thanks

Are you sure it's for rendering a wall ?

Please see what Wikipedia list for it's use :-

: Quicklime is used in epidemics, plagues, and disasters to disintegrate bodies in order to help fight the spread of disease.

It has traditionally been used in the burial of bodies in open graves, to hide the smell of decomposition, as well as in forensic science, to reveal fingerprints.

Hmmm !!!

:o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_oxide#Use_as_a_weapon

:D

i need the calcium hydroxide aka builder's lime aka type S hydrated lime yes i am sure this is for rendering. the calcium oxide would need processing with water to become calcium hydroxide... should come in bags and powder-form like cement. cheers

• 2 years later...

Did you source your lime plaster? I too am looking for Lime Plaster in Bangkok.

Hi,

Not sure why you'd want to use a lime plaster mix but you can usually find it in agricultural stores along with the fertilizers. You may have to go out of Bangkok central though.

These days I use the ready mixed plaster in bags from most builder's merchants which already has the requisite plasticizers and addititive added to it in the bag. Just add water (although I do add a little washing powder to give it a bit more working life if the weather is dry and hot.)

Cheers, good luck...

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Digging up this thread as I'm looking for slaked lime plaster too, but adding marble dust etc to make an italian plaster. 

If I purchase the ingredients mentioned in this thread for slaked lime, i assume it doesnt need to be stored in a cool place for 3 months before use?

I take it the hardware store in 71 is the old one, close to ekkamai 12 turning?