Suggestion For A New Fishing Forum On Thaivisa

SlackJawChef

Fishing forum  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Does anybody know what the best form of catching snake heads is ?

I did ask couple of days ago but no response.

Also if anybody wants to come fish in lakes near me send me a pm, I live in Ratchaburi near the Burhma border.

Paul

Hi, I can move it, would you like to add a poll so you can see what kind of interest you get?

Thanks SBK,

Ya that would be great. a poll is a good idea ... but it sounds like the punch line of a joke ... would you like to add a "fishing pole" lol

Do's any one fish with downrigger's over here? I am bringing 2 over to give it a shot.

Ok it looks like I was wrong.... I honestly thought there would be more than 4 people out there who like to talk about fishing.......

I like talking about it but i doubt many expats do, the fishing here is good but they like fishing for ladies more i guess.

Yup i would love to have a map posted on here with different freshwater fishing locations marked on it.

I could then load my truck up and be off for a few months.......Seems tourism may take a quiet spell and unfortunatly I will now have some time on my hands.........

Oh its a hard life..........

When I was living on Koh Phangan we used Penn rods. I don't know anything about shimano rods. What kind of fishing do you do?

I mainly fish on pla bug / pla sawai. I have 1 shimano rod from holland i have ordered an other one. They are far superior to what you can get here. Much more fish playability though i have some pretty nice rods that i bought here.

I have many rods suited for many situations, also many reels (mainly shimano baitrunners). I just love fishing for pla sawai and pla bug. I don't care how many i catch as long as i out preform others. The reason beeing i think most people use a too heavy tackle and dont get many bites because of it. I try to prove that with outfishing them.

Not that that always works but i want to prove the theory, i know in Holland heavy tackle is bad compared to light tackle.

caught a 5 kilo fish today in Minburi. Just thought I would let you all know so that I could bump the thread and try to hurry the fishing forum a little bit.

Don't worry guy's I'm pretty sure they won't forget about us .... I guess Gorge has had his hands full, with the whole trouble in Bangkok thing.... what he really needs, is to take a day off and go fishing ... no better way to figure out, life the universe, and everything......

Great idea for a map of fishing locations.... and a link to a TV classified section for selling, or swapping used fishing gear wolud be awesome.....

Any one out there making there own bait ??....

I tried it once, used tapioca starch as the base, I got the idea from bubble tea. I blended some fresh corn, fish sauce, dried shrimp and wheat germ, then mixed in the tapioca starch rolled it out into a pencil thick snake, then cut it into 7mm pieces .... drop'd them in boiling water for 8 min's then pull e'm out and drop them in ice water for 1 min... kept them in a jar of water when I went fishing....

Worked really well, for trout , but that was back in Canada.

I never had a chance to try it again.. maybe someone out there can try and perfect the recipe.

I just threw in everything I could think of, to cover all base's... wheat germ for bread eaters, corn for the "horny endosperm' (I'm not making that up.. honestly)

Dried shrimp for mouth feel and stink... and fish sauce for the sent trail, and salt.. I figure that fresh water fish must find it hard to get enough salt in there diet's... so it might get them to bite.....

I read somewhere that including something to mimic the shell of a bug also helps with the mouth feel of the bait.... but like I said I have not got the time right now to work on it ...

James

I live in Dallas Texas USA - I love to fish -- all kinds -- I plan to move to Thailand next year and would love info on where to go to fish -- I love surf fishing the best but that may be out in Thailand???

This was one of my concerns moving to thailand - the fishing -- that is one of the pleasures I would hate to miss in retirement -- soooo a thread on fishing sounds great.

thanks - dave

Thanks To everyone that helped out there, to get this going

....... Although I could not find it for 10 min's I thought it had been removed, had to go though my profile to find it.....

Thanks George.....

Edit: for sarcastic comments due to insufficient caffeine levels this morning...... thanks again everyone James

Edited by SlackJawChef