Buriramn Bars-horrror!

fruity

We never have any problems with drunks here. Mainly because the locals don't spend enough to get drunk. Yet a bar not so far from us, has fighting all the time.. It can't be me, cause I look like I could only do two rounds with a circus midget. Might be the missus though, she could probably scare Rambo sh1tless. :o

Most of you customers are on Zimmer frames' Martin

Sorry, a bit short on the midget jokes.

:D

Dave

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Bangkok and missed the excitement in Buriram.

WHICH BAR WAS IT!

PM me the info if u can not mention the name of an open forum.

No reason for me to spend money or go to the joint.

Hi Ron

You were conspicuous by your absence in FerangFoodParadise today,mate. Quite a good turnout.

Hope you are well and post No. 5 details were this location is. A local mentioned a further development/disturbance has happened but I am not going into detail as I know no FACTS.

Dave

Hi Ron

You were conspicuous by your absence in FerangFoodParadise today,mate. Quite a good turnout.

Hope you are well and post No. 5 details were this location is. A local mentioned a further development/disturbance has happened but I am not going into detail as I know no FACTS.

Dave

The other development (as I was told), was that a number of farangs were apparently drinking outside Marks place (never been there so don't know the set up or whether tables and chairs are provided outside), and the police arrived, and fined everyone 1000bt for drinking on the street.. A bit of pushing and shoving seemingly occurred, and 1 person was arrested and taken away.

If the facts as I was told are correct, and roadside chairs and tables are provided (as they used to be in "red Ribbon"), then surely the problem lies with the owner of the bar/restaurant, and not the customers. And since when did swigging a beer in public constitute an offence?

More info obviously required.

Hi Ron

Dave

The other development (as I was told), was that a number of farangs were apparently drinking outside Marks place (never been there so don't know the set up or whether tables and chairs are provided outside), and the police arrived, and fined everyone 1000bt for drinking on the street.. A bit of pushing and shoving seemingly occurred, and 1 person was arrested and taken away.

If the facts as I was told are correct, and roadside chairs and tables are provided (as they used to be in "red Ribbon"), then surely the problem lies with the owner of the bar/restaurant, and not the customers. And since when did swigging a beer in public constitute an offence?

Yes Mark does have tables and chairs on the streert, also next to the entrance of the bar is a police box where the police pick documents up twice a day, they always give you a stare, but not me as avoiding the place like the plague

And when the smoke had cleared and the dust had settled all did not seem so bleak. A new bar?? Apparently. Offering the same sort of food( pies,curries,chillies,pastas etc) as the forementioned place but at somewhat more realistic prices. Local beers and a friendly Thai(English speaking) lady owner. Anybody know where this might be opening up? I'll let you know if I find out more. Could just be hearsay but let's hope not. Could be a god send.

And when the smoke had cleared and the dust had settled all did not seem so bleak. A new bar?? Apparently. Offering the same sort of food( pies,curries,chillies,pastas etc) as the forementioned place but at somewhat more realistic prices. Local beers and a friendly Thai(English speaking) lady owner. Anybody know where this might be opening up? I'll let you know if I find out more. Could just be hearsay but let's hope not. Could be a god send.

Hi & :o

I am sorry but I do not understand what you are trying to say?

Are you talking about changes to the Bar in question or an alternative place somewhere in Dodge Buriram City?

Please explain further.

Dave

I'm sorry for not being clear. Whilst I have been here for a while and have been reading TV for a long time you have probably noticed, from my joined date, that I do not usually post. I will make myself clear.

I was having a quiet drink and reading the BK post in Buriram town and I overheard some local "farang" talking about a new place selling "farang food" starting up somewhere in Buriram town.

They were not talking about Norbies as they were saying it was going to be run by a Thai lady and the timescales didn't fit in with the 2nd April opening at Norbies either.

With all the sh!t that's been going on with Buriram bars I just thought it could be gossip. If not then obviously something to look out for.

I have picked up this info posted by someonel on another forum. Seems like just an unlucky experience for the bar owner.....

The second disturbance was when a thai turned up to drop his wife and 2 daughters off next door some kind of beauty salon and the thai man could not get parked so he ask Mark to move his truck Mark replied that he did not have the key as his wife had popped out for some shopping on the motorbike and the key was with her.The thai the decided that he would open the door take of the brake and push it back at this point Mark asked what he was up to?

The Thai guy turned out to be THE CHIEF OF POLICE IN BURIRAM and he made a call a 3 trucks turned up and carted the staff and customers down to the local nick and they were all fined 1000 baht for drinking after 14:00 as Mark has a license which does not allow him to sell alcohol between 14:00 and 17:00.Marks wife was up in court the next day but i do not no the outcome.

:o

Dave (your intrepid reporter from Surin)

Edited by Dave the Dude

I have picked up this info posted by someonel on another forum. Seems like just an unlucky experience for the bar owner.....

The second disturbance was when a thai turned up to drop his wife and 2 daughters off next door some kind of beauty salon and the thai man could not get parked so he ask Mark to move his truck Mark replied that he did not have the key as his wife had popped out for some shopping on the motorbike and the key was with her.The thai the decided that he would open the door take of the brake and push it back at this point Mark asked what he was up to?

The Thai guy turned out to be THE CHIEF OF POLICE IN BURIRAM and he made a call a 3 trucks turned up and carted the staff and customers down to the local nick and they were all fined 1000 baht for drinking after 14:00 as Mark has a license which does not allow him to sell alcohol between 14:00 and 17:00.Marks wife was up in court the next day but i do not no the outcome.

Som Num Na

We never have any problems with drunks here. Mainly because the locals don't spend enough to get drunk. Yet a bar not so far from us, has fighting all the time.. It can't be me, cause I look like I could only do two rounds with a circus midget. Might be the missus though, she could probably scare Rambo sh1tless. :o

Dave

While driving the car the other day I ran into the back of a midgets car.

When he got out he said "I'm not happy!!!"

I said "Which one are you then?"

John.....

Ace detective work Shylock oops sorry Sherlock!

TBWG :o

Ace detective work Shylock oops sorry Sherlock!

TBWG :o

What a shame, it seems that Mark has been misunderstood and of course his able bodied partner in the attack, as pointed out previously he was happy enough to take the guys money while they were getting p----d and with that there comes a certain amount of responsibility as a bar owner, if you want leprosy go to a colony, if on the other hand you want the occassional drunk then open a bar and learn how to deal with it in a dignified way, after reading some of the posts it seems his clientel have diminished somewhat already.

What a shame, it seems that Mark has been misunderstood and of course his able bodied partner in the attack, as pointed out previously he was happy enough to take the guys money while they were getting p----d and with that there comes a certain amount of responsibility as a bar owner, if you want leprosy go to a colony, if on the other hand you want the occassional drunk then open a bar and learn how to deal with it in a dignified way, after reading some of the posts it seems his clientel have diminished somewhat already.

Hi Wacky

Are you refering to the first or the second MISUNDERSTANDING :o:D:D:D

Dave

John.....

LMFAO.

Brigante7.

• 2 weeks later...

People employed by me have had loads of licenses but as I have never owned a shop and have always had an on-site alcohol sales license, I have not come across this personally. However, if true, this would seem to be a situation where the license holder did not or could not obtain a license for a bar (often due to zoning, too many already, no tea money paid etc.) and took a license as per a shop which has strict ties for alcohol sales. However, if you were to purchase 10 litres, or 31 bottles of Heineken, then you would be ok as you would once again be within the law.

I suspect that he probably has the correct licenses but he pissed off the wrong guy.

As for tables on the path, we have this at one place in Pattaya and we pay off for the privilege. Not a lot for sure but something.

John.....

LMFAO.

Brigante7.

Indeed. Caused me to laught out loud in a very dull office this mornng in a wet Bracknell. Had to look-up what LMFAO meant though.

I'm back in the UK for a couple of months working and apparently we're not allowed to use the midget word anymore. We have to call them 'little people'.

Similarly, the BBC ran a news report the other day and referrred to people sleeping on the streets as 'rough-sleepers'. So that's tramps then.

And it's going to get worse before it doesn't get any better.

Indeed. Caused me to laught out loud in a very dull office this mornng in a wet Bracknell. Had to look-up what LMFAO meant though.

I'm back in the UK for a couple of months working and apparently we're not allowed to use the midget word anymore. We have to call them 'little people'.

Similarly, the BBC ran a news report the other day and referrred to people sleeping on the streets as 'rough-sleepers'. So that's tramps then.

And it's going to get worse before it doesn't get any better.

Im OK with 'Paraffin Lamps' then ?

Sorry about Bracknell

Dave

The worst example I have seen personally there was not English, he was driving a big bike,swigging booze in a brown paper bag as soon as he got off the bike and before crawling into a bar for more booze. Real lowlife

I am not disagreeing with you bumbui, but only not saying the problem is solely English thugs. You only have to go to Pattaya or read Pattaya Press to see many nationalities cause trouble.

Dave

DAVE the worst example I have seen is a english guy his name is YOGI

Oh I can't "Bear" him. :D .......

ok i'll get me coat. :o

Breath of fresh air reading this as I thought the opinion was that all the bad farangs are in Pattaya. :o

I will say that a bar owner in his bar which is named after him beating a customer isn't a wise move. :D

Hi Dave

No, they all came from Pattaya :D:D:D

Dave

Breath of fresh air reading this as I thought the opinion was that all the bad farangs are in Pattaya. :o

I will say that a bar owner in his bar which is named after him beating a customer isn't a wise move. :D

Hi Dave

No, they all came from Pattaya :D:D:D

Dave

dam_n, ok then. :wai:

Yeah, just about the daftest thing an owner could do. Not quite as bad but you have Mulphy from the Rock House in Pattaya openly threatening to fit people up with drugs and then umpteen times threatening certain individuals he has a beef with on various boards to a fight or even have a bounty paid for outing individuals so he could deliver his warped sense of justice.

That people still want to drink with him, or go to his bar (all cases like this) speaks volumes for their morality.

I know a decent blues bar in Pattaya where I have never been threatened or beaten up. Even had a good few drinks with the boss himself !

I know a decent blues bar in Pattaya where I have never been threatened or beaten up. Even had a good few drinks with the boss himself !

Yea me too.

Sounds like The Blues Factory. Thats one of the reasons I still venture out to that town. Had some wonderful nights there and will no doubt return soon now that Lam the Man is back.

Dave

Yeah, just about the daftest thing an owner could do. Not quite as bad but you have Mulphy from the Rock House in Pattaya openly threatening to fit people up with drugs and then umpteen times threatening certain individuals he has a beef with on various boards to a fight or even have a bounty paid for outing individuals so he could deliver his warped sense of justice.

That people still want to drink with him, or go to his bar (all cases like this) speaks volumes for their morality.

Nice to know you have my Morality judged so well. Then again you might be making your Judgement without knowing me or any others, who may wish to go and drink in the Rockhouse or indeed stay in the guestrooms there. I have met and Drank with the man a few times and he was completely friendly and a good host.

Seems to be a rather shallow thing to bring Mulphy's name into this thread as he has nothing to do with it. I am guessing you have some historical dislike of him or like the above you leap to make judgements' about people without knowing them.

Hmm you would not be a friend of Papillon would you? He of the big mouth and low morality who appears to believe that Thai women are beneath contempt? Who is incidentally the one that Mulphy wants to have a private chat with?

Nice to know you have my Morality judged so well. Then again you might be making your Judgement without knowing me or any others, who may wish to go and drink in the Rockhouse or indeed stay in the guestrooms there. I have met and Drank with the man a few times and he was completely friendly and a good host.

Seems to be a rather shallow thing to bring Mulphy's name into this thread as he has nothing to do with it. I am guessing you have some historical dislike of him or like the above you leap to make judgements' about people without knowing them.

Hmm you would not be a friend of Papillon would you? He of the big mouth and low morality who appears to believe that Thai women are beneath contempt? Who is incidentally the one that Mulphy wants to have a private chat with?

Mulphy has been known to openly threaten people with violence and have them fitted up. now just how far down the ladder do people have to go before they are just binned off ?

Same as drinking with some arsehol_e who beats up or condones the beating up of his own customers.

Now if those two things are ok and people still want to support their businesses, then I ask the question as to what point would such an individual decide not to continue to support a business ? Drink driving ? GBH ? Drug pushing ? Theft ? Rape ? Child molestation ? Murder ?

My judgement of morality is not on the person making the judgement but more on what the rational man would think as a barrier which once crossed means that mein host is not worthy of support ? I think threats of violence or actual violence against customers or other guys out boozing is way past that line.

Strange there is no mention of this incident in the local BuriramExpats website ????

Weird

A bit like some airlines too !

Edit, the bit I referred to didn't show up :o Airlines have a habit of filling poeple with free alcohol and then wiondering why passengers get drunk, that was all

Edited by laphroaig

Strange there is no mention of this incident in the local BuriramExpats website ????

Weird

A bit like some airlines too !

Edit, the bit I referred to didn't show up :o Airlines have a habit of filling poeple with free alcohol and then wiondering why passengers get drunk, that was all

Reminds me of an airline passenger that wanted to smoke. He was told 'No Smoking'

" Why? " he replied. " I can buy ciggerettes on board"

" You can buy condoms in a chemist"

the stewardess replied.