BANGKOK 24 April 2019 06:50
Sign in to follow this  
Lickey

Growing organic fruit, vegetables and other crops

i just wondered if any of you guys heard about injecting WATER ( + Sugar + Red Dye) into watermelons to increase their Weight.

is this true or rubbish?

if one was to inject a watermelon,, (while its on the vine),, would the puncture mark 'heal' or not ?

PS: I posted this as a MAIN QUESTION on the farming forum...

here is the LINK to my forum question: (if you wanted to answer it 'there' instead of 'here').

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/792258-watermelons-injecting-water-into-watermelons-please-help/

Edited by easybullet3

Grow your own, or you may never know what all you are eating.

Or are you asking so that you can learn the technique?

Grow your own, or you may never know what all you are eating.

Have since done a lot of research into the possibilities of foliar fertilization and am convinced this is the way

to go.

As you are obviously organic farmer, I would like to offer you samples of my product: pure nano calcium made of dolomit limestone, called supergreen.

Werner Kraeutler

Megagrow Co. Ltd.,

Nonthaburi

I'm just wondering if any of you guys know anything on either of the following (because this is driving me nuts)..

1) Do Thai Farmers inject Watermelons with Water (+sugar+red food colouring) to increase their WEIGHT for sale ? is there any way I can tell apart an injected watermelon from a non injected one ?

2) is there anywhere I can buy Bananas (in Bangkok) that HAVE NOT been dipped into Ethephon (ethrel solution) or Calcium carbide to ripen them faster.

(every single Banana seller in the Street Markets, tell me that their Bananas have been dipped!!) i really dont want this. what happened to Natural bananas?

i TRULY appreciate any information as we eat a LOT of fruit every day.

Thank you wink.png

Edited by easybullet3

We grow our own organic bananas.

Knowing how easily naturally ripened bananas bruise, I can only guess that it is more economical to transport green bananas to near point of sale and then gas them to artificially ripen them.

We give a lot away to friends and family, but because we tend to have a glut, then nothing for 2 months or so, a lot goes for composting.

Hi folks

Organic fruit and vegetables from the tropics

just came across this pdf published by the UN which gives a good overview of organic farming in the tropics everything from the basic philosophy, soil fertility and nutrient management, integrated pest control and weed management, water conservation/irrigation as well as specific methods for growing ; citrus,coconut,mango,guava,pineapple,lychee,banana,beans,lettuce,tomato,peppers,

aubergine,cucumber,asparagus,sweetcorn etc...etc. organically. A great starting point for newbies or folks considering going organic as well as more indepth info for the more experienced grower !! For example we all know worms are good for the soil but did you know " Their excrements contain 5x more nitrogen, 7x more phosphate, 11x more potash and 2x more magnesia and calcium than normal earth." ??

Happy reading ohmy.gif !!

Jandtaa

Hi Jandtaa,

I read your comments on thaivisa.com. As you are obviously organic farmer, I would like to offer you samples of my product: pure nano calcium made of dolomit limestone, called supergreen. Some guys of thaivisa.com already tested it and are very impressed of the outcome. If you send me your adress I will send you 4 samples so that you can spray about 1 Rai 1 time to check the impact. Supergreen is approved in the USA and in Europe as foliar fertilizer to be used in organic farming.

Have a nice day

Werner Kraeutler

Megagrow Co. Ltd.,

Nonthaburi

Please send me info about your products...

Knowing how easily naturally ripened bananas bruise, I can only guess that it is more economical to transport green bananas to near point of sale and then gas them to artificially ripen them.

We give a lot away to friends and family, but because we tend to have a glut, then nothing for 2 months or so, a lot goes for composting.

Thanks for your good post here ;)

and I hope you can understand that my re-post of the same question (in the other forum) got LOADS of replies...

(but here on this page I only got a couple).

collectively I am starting to get answers.

it really does help sometimes to re-post a question if the first attempt doesnt succeed 100%.

different people read this forum at different times of the day/week.

anyway,, thanks for your answer..

would you agree that a GREEN banana can take up to two weeks to ripen?

if it ripens in 3 or 4 days, then there is something fishy about it?

is that correct ?

i want to seek out a Farming Supply shop in Bkk and I will see which powders are available to farmers for this 'dipping' process.

and then I will do my own research to the safety of these powders.

Thanks for your good post here wink.png

and I hope you can understand that my re-post of the same question (in the other forum) got LOADS of replies...

(but here on this page I only got a couple).

collectively I am starting to get answers.

it really does help sometimes to re-post a question if the first attempt doesnt succeed 100%.

different people read this forum at different times of the day/week.

anyway,, thanks for your answer..

would you agree that a GREEN banana can take up to two weeks to ripen?

if it ripens in 3 or 4 days, then there is something fishy about it?

is that correct ?

i want to seek out a Farming Supply shop in Bkk and I will see which powders are available to farmers for this 'dipping' process.

and then I will do my own research to the safety of these powders.

"would you agree that a GREEN banana can take up to two weeks to ripen?"

It depends on how green they are I suppose

We usually cut ours when they start turning from green to yellow and they ripen over the following 2 to 7 days or thereabouts.

I would guess it is the middle men/wholesalers that treat the bananas. Probably not usually the farmers