BANGKOK 18 August 2019 07:49
Sign in to follow this  
jandtaa

Organic fertilisers, foliar feeds etc..

Regarding cow poo vs chook poo, as the latter is much stronger yet around the same price, it seems to be better value. I've found Thais don't use much of it though and prefer the cow manure. Even when the raise chickens they don't collect the manure. Any thoughts as to why?

Hi folks

Wet enough to surf here in the UK today !! so thats what I've been doing.Some quite interesting info on organic fertiliser and foliar feed here link 

cheers for now J

I have long been puzzled by the Thais taking cow manure straight from the pen and putting it on the soil. This goes against everything that you read, yet it does seem to benefit the crops in many cases.

I've just bought some manure freshly scraped from the cow pen and I'm going to experiment a little I think.

I do wonder if the fact that they do not take great care of their cattle actually speeds up the composting time in some way. The cows are not mucked out on a regular basis. Normally only when they have a buyer for the dung or the cows are standing up to their necks in poo. (ok a bit of an exaggeration!)

The cows are penned for the night and obviously add to the manure, but they are also urinating and moving around. So they are adding nitrogen from the urine and constantly churning the manure with their hooves.

Would this churning lead to a quicker composting period?

Hi folks

Wet enough to surf here in the UK today !! so thats what I've been doing.Some quite interesting info on organic fertiliser and foliar feed here link

cheers for now J

That's a good link to a great company with lots of information and interesting, useful products: Peaceful Valley Farm Supply at www.groworganic.com I've visited their nursery in the Grass Valley area of the beautiful foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains of California. Get their hard copy catalog if you can and it will keep you busy for hours studying all the cool stuff and useful tips; it's a learning experience in itself. Don

Hi folks

cheers for now J

That's a good link to a great company with lots of information and interesting, useful products: Peaceful Valley Farm Supply at www.groworganic.com I've visited their nursery in the Grass Valley area of the beautiful foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains of California. Get their hard copy catalog if you can and it will keep you busy for hours studying all the cool stuff and useful tips; it's a learning experience in itself. Don

Hey Doc what's happenin'? Are you still Thailand? I remember reading a thing in the Post that makes me think your footloose if not fancy free or such. Anywho those folks have been around from before the wheel I think but I remember them from the 70's, a great source.

Here's some new info posted on our mother link and I'm sure we'll get some response on this one as it appears to look quite promising. Farm with Fords

HUMATES and other great products from a great source

http://www.nutri-tec...ate-phenomenon/

thanks Dr Treelove

Hi folks

cheers for now J

Hey Doc what's happenin'? Are you still Thailand? I remember reading a thing in the Post that makes me think your footloose if not fancy free or such. Anywho those folks have been around from before the wheel I think but I remember them from the 70's, a great source.

Here's some new info posted on our mother link and I'm sure we'll get some response on this one as it appears to look quite promising. Farm with Fords

Hi all,

to introduce myselfe: I am an Austrian selling a brandnew organic foliar fertilizer in Thailand: SUPERGREEN. Consisting of Dolomite (a Limestone) and milled in a new High Tech milling machine, the average particle size of SUPERGREEN is 6 micrometer. That means, the particles can enter the leaves of every plant.

It is this penetration who makes SUPERGREEN so successful; the particles (CaCO3) are split within the leaf into CO2 and CaO. So, the leaf gets the so much needed CO2 directly. This enhances the Photosynthesis by about 30 - 40 %. More photosynthesis means more production of chlorophyllum, sugars, starch.

The particles who do not enter the leaves stay on the surface. Dew splits this compound as well into CO2 and CaO. So, the leave is saturated daily with CO2 who will enter the Stomata easily.

If hou want to test the product, please let me know. I will send you some samples so you can see by your own testing the advantage of SUPERGREEN. By the way, SUPERGREEN is approved for organic farming in Europe and in the US.

Best regards

Werner Kraeutler

MEGAGROW Co. Ltd.,

Nonthaburi

12 pages Information sheet SUPERGREEN.pdf

About time to light this topic up again. I am looking for volunteers who are willing to try my new organic fertiliser. I can supply a few kilos by post to the first five that PM me. All you have do is tell me if it is any good. I need geniune comments so please the stuff wont cost you anything but I expect the feedback.

Hello All, for anybody in the CM area, great web site in ENG, for anybody

else to see what others are doing.

rice555

www.thai-organic-compost.com

Hello All, for anybody in the CM area, great web site in ENG, for anybody

else to see what others are doing.

rice555

www.thai-organic-compost.com

WOW now that is one big compost pile. Prices look pretty reasonable, well worth a look, thanks Rice

Hello IA, I liked that they will deliver, also they will spread it with

the large load$, and no shit compost for the the sprout eaters.

No animals or animal byproducts for the Vegan people.

rice555

I spent some time thinking about that pile of teak wood chips. Firstly the operation looks full time so the amount of chips collected and heaped for a year must be massive. Man I look at my 6, 1 cub m compost boxes and think time to turn all of that again? Still, they have much bigger pitch forks I'll bet.

Yesterday I started making pellets from my compost instead of bagging it up. I hope to get NPK tests run on the straight manure based compost pellets against the enriched stuff I have been making.

Anyone else out there doing something similar?