Newly Organised Sub-forum

Hi guys

OK I've made a start and tried to split out the existing posts and pin some threads hopefully it is now easier to find the info !! It's a work in progress and I intend to pin a "useful links and resources thread" plus one on "raising organic livestock" and it has been suggested a sort of "down on the farm" type pinned thread where we can keep each other abreast of developments on our individual farms/gardens and the results and any observations from our experiments etc .. How do people feel about this ?? I've recieved a good deal of PM's from people and I promise I will get back to you all as soon as I can find time!! For the moment can you please post ideas and suggestions here.

Thanks all

J   

OK it's starting to come together I have moved a few posts to new homes  ( I have left the neccessary links ) and edited a few to help them fit into their new homes. You may have noticed the appearance of some older threads from the general farming forum are now appearing here !! I'm working with Soundman to migrate some relevant material over to this sub-forum

Cheers all J 

OK it's starting to come together I have moved a few posts to new homes ( I have left the neccessary links ) and edited a few to help them fit into their new homes. You may have noticed the appearance of some older threads from the general farming forum are now appearing here !! I'm working with Soundman to migrate relevant material over to this sub-forum so if you have any previous topics that you contributed to please PM me and I'll try to get them re-homed

Cheers all J

Howdy Again

I know you guys would do it if it was possible but I'll ask anyway. For example with the newer topic that we have on the manure when we hit on it we then have to go to the link and click on it. I'm usually at a pretty high speed facility (internet cafe) so it isn't a big issue to wait the extra while til it connects but for others I think this may be problemsome. Sure is petty and know that you need to do it this way due to the logistics of computers or whatever but keep up the great job.

OK it's starting to come together I have moved a few posts to new homes ( I have left the neccessary links ) and edited a few to help them fit into their new homes. You may have noticed the appearance of some older threads from the general farming forum are now appearing here !! I'm working with Soundman to migrate relevant material over to this sub-forum so if you have any previous topics that you contributed to please PM me and I'll try to get them re-homed

Cheers all J

Howdy Again

I know you guys would do it if it was possible but I'll ask anyway. For example with the newer topic that we have on the manure when we hit on it we then have to go to the link and click on it. I'm usually at a pretty high speed facility (internet cafe) so it isn't a big issue to wait the extra while til it connects but for others I think this may be problemsome. Sure is petty and know that you need to do it this way due to the logistics of computers or whatever but keep up the great job.

Here was a good link to some info that could be here in the organic section. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Purchasing-G...hl=green+manure

Hi FF

Yeah I totally agree !! When I requested a couple of posts to be moved over to here I didn't realise that I couldn't then move the whole topic into one of the pinned threads but have to leave a link . I know how you feel it's bugging me as well ! I think if I give the moderators who are kindly moving them (I can only play around in here  :o ) a link to the pinned thread it might work. Just about getting my head around it so please bear with me !!

Cheers fella J

P.S how were your spoilt walks ?? 

Hi FF

Yeah I totally agree !! When I requested a couple of posts to be moved over to here I didn't realise that I couldn't then move the whole topic into one of the pinned threads but have to leave a link . I know how you feel it's bugging me as well ! I think if I give the moderators who are kindly moving them (I can only play around in here :o ) a link to the pinned thread it might work. Just about getting my head around it so please bear with me !!

Cheers fella J

The proof that even golf can't do that was back in Monterey on the "17 mile Drive". Fog lifted so we could see where we were then came in and just whipped us in the middle of our round. Shortly thereafter it all lifted and a mighty and wild ocean (from the 60 mile an hour winds that rocked us in the desert) just was as glorious as i have ever seen it , it was brilliant blue and heavenly white in unending monsterous waves pummelling the rocky coast. The course, Monterey Peninsula CC, was in the finest condition of any course that I have ever experienced. Truly a magical day.

Hi Lickey 

Yeah that was the Hope. It was Soundmans suggestion to move a few across to bulk it out a bit in the early days and I thought it might generate a bit of interest from members who had posted in a few of the threads .Think I've moved most of the one's that were wholly organic as it were just wanted a hand Identifying them in the early days when I was really busy !! :o  

Cheers J 

P.S real heavy rain last night and the ground got a real soaking, off to sow up my green manures 

Hi FF

Yeah I totally agree !! When I requested a couple of posts to be moved over to here I didn't realise that I couldn't then move the whole topic into one of the pinned threads but have to leave a link . I know how you feel it's bugging me as well ! I think if I give the moderators who are kindly moving them (I can only play around in here :o ) a link to the pinned thread it might work. Just about getting my head around it so please bear with me !!

Cheers fella J

The proof that even golf can't do that was back in Monterey on the "17 mile Drive". Fog lifted so we could see where we were then came in and just whipped us in the middle of our round. Shortly thereafter it all lifted and a mighty and wild ocean (from the 60 mile an hour winds that rocked us in the desert) just was as glorious as i have ever seen it , it was brilliant blue and heavenly white in unending monsterous waves pummelling the rocky coast. The course, Monterey Peninsula CC, was in the finest condition of any course that I have ever experienced. Truly a magical day.

OK just tested that method and it wasn't possible so I will not be moving any further threads (think we got the most relevant ones anyway ). As Lickey pointed out as the forum matures and people find their way around it these links will dissapear of their own accord. I've also started Tagging topics to help direct the search option to the relevant place. This is a massive task and would appreciate it if anyone with tagging rights could help out and add a tag or two to their posts or those of others  :D !!

cheers J

what i did in teh vet thread was copy and paste as new threads with my own by word/name in the title and the words copied from.... thread....

so u could do that.

as u mentioned, they fade out slowly anyhow as new info and folks start posting....

not sure what to do with the borderline posts that are 'sustainable living;/regular farming threads... so that people dont lose their 'thread' and thoughts.

hmmm

i guess ill just ask each time if they mind if i move the thread...

bina

israel

Hi Bina

Yeah the copy and paste is a good Idea I was looking to see if there was a copy post option so this would be the answer.With borderline threads etc. When I'm reading through the general farming forum (loads of great info there !!) I sometimes just mention the organic sub-forum and leave a general link mentioning that the subject is being discussed over here and suggest they drop by if their interested.

Cheers for now J   

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is just my problem or not.

I have subscribed to the forum, and set to get immediate email notification of when a new topic is posted, but I'm not getting notified.

The topics that I've added a reply or am tracking are fine. I'm getting notifications of them, just not the new topics.

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is just my problem or not.

I have subscribed to the forum, and set to get immediate email notification of when a new topic is posted, but I'm not getting notified.

The topics that I've added a reply or am tracking are fine. I'm getting notifications of them, just not the new topics.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Guide-Thaivi...ls-t158430.html

what i did in teh vet thread was copy and paste as new threads with my own by word/name in the title and the words copied from.... thread....

so u could do that.

as u mentioned, they fade out slowly anyhow as new info and folks start posting....

not sure what to do with the borderline posts that are 'sustainable living;/regular farming threads... so that people dont lose their 'thread' and thoughts.

hmmm

i guess ill just ask each time if they mind if i move the thread...

bina

israel

The copy/past is not a good idea in regards to the search engines (duplicate content penalties etc). It's better to move topics instead. If any mod want to move posts we can give move access, please post in the internal mods forum to gain that access.

Cheers and good luck with the organics!