Relocating From Phuket To Cr

bigbrowski

This will be a multiple entry thread as not all questions can be asked without sounding retoracle. sp

Where do the American speakers reside?

There is a beach there?

Need 3 br 2 bth A/C near alleged beach, any avail?

Nursery for 2 yo boy?

Song by 'Neil Young',

Hey hey, my my

Rock and roll can never die

There's more to the picture

Than meets the eye.

Hey hey, my my.

Out of the blue (Phuket)

and into the black (CR)

You pay for this,

but they give you that

And once you're gone,

you can't come back

When you're out of the blue

and into the black.

The bing is gone

but he's not forgotten

Is this the story

of Johnny Rotten

It's better to burn out

'cause rust never sleeps

The bing is gone

but he's not forgotten.

Hey hey, my my

Than meets the eye.

Yours truly,

Kan Win

P.S. Bing, Scotland heap: a heap or pile of something, especially a slag heap

Song by 'Neil Young',

Hey hey, my my

Than meets the eye.

Hey hey, my my.

Out of the blue (Phuket)

and into the black (CR)

You pay for this,

but they give you that

And once you're gone,

you can't come back

When you're out of the blue

and into the black.

The bing is gone

but he's not forgotten

Is this the story

of Johnny Rotten

It's better to burn out

'cause rust never sleeps

The bing is gone

but he's not forgotten.

Hey hey, my my

Than meets the eye.

Yours truly,

Kan Win

P.S. Bing, Scotland heap: a heap or pile of something, especially a slag heap

Hi Kan Win, you`re right about the term "bing" as used in In Bonnie Scotland. But alas, I think that the Bing referred to in the song is not the one you mentione.d

I`ll let you try and work it out for yourself.

There`s a clue in there.

Chang35baht.

Apollogies for my <deleted>. Phuket has some of the best beaches in the world or so I'm told.

.................... Chiang Rai, we'll yes , the beach is popular with the local Kids.

As for where the 'American Speakers' hang out , everywhere and nowhere I guess. Cue for another song maybe :o

This will be a multiple entry thread as not all questions can be asked without sounding retoracle. sp

There is a beach there?

Nursery for 2 yo boy?

WHAT is an American speaker?!!!

You might be from across the pond, but your language is ENGLISH my dear old chap! All be it with many errors!

Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen.

post-42984-1237946495_thumb.jpg

Apollogies for my <deleted>. Phuket has some of the best beaches in the world or so I'm told.

.................... Chiang Rai, we'll yes , the beach is popular with the local Kids.

As for where the 'American Speakers' hang out , everywhere and nowhere I guess. Cue for another song maybe :o

Jeff beck i believe !

There is a beach there?

Nursery for 2 yo boy?

We escaped from Chalong a year ago (L & H Park) and the only thing i miss is Fatties place, and the odd live aboard trip, pack up and run as fast as you can and come up to the real Thailand!

Our kid is the same age as yours we are checking out the school / nursery situation right now and will keep you posted.

American speaking is probably that language used by people that repeat the phrase "you know" more than once in a sentence.

WHAT is an American speaker?!!!

You might be from across the pond, but your language is ENGLISH my dear old chap! All be it with many errors!

Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen.

Maybe he's Cajun, or Lakota, or Cherokee, or Mexican, or .. my dear old chap! :o

a good little coffee/pastry shoppe to hang out in the day, perchance meet some new folks:

Baanchivitmai Bakery known as THE BAKERY - facing the SW corner of the bus station.

Other coffee shops are popping up all over.

If an American can decipher 'give me a bell,' or 'there are crisps within the boot' or 'the lorry driver is pissed, he's weaving all over the cloverleaf' - then he's essentially bi-lingual.

give me a bell - call me

there are crisps within the boot - the tater chips are in the trunk

the lorry driver is pissed, he's weaving all over the cloverleaf - the truck driver is drunk, he is driving on the sidewalk

I have lived in the YUK for a few years but the food and weather sucked!

Any swimming pools?

Golf Courses?

Beautiful women?

BB

give me a bell - call me

there are crisps within the boot - the tater chips are in the trunk

the lorry driver is pissed, he's weaving all over the cloverleaf - the truck driver is drunk, he is driving on the sidewalk

I have lived in the YUK for a few years but the food and weather sucked!

Any swimming pools?

Golf Courses?

Beautiful women?

BB

Simply answer is yes to the above....

Not a Diver are you BSACBOB. ?

Well spotted that man :o

i suspect his point was, its kinda hard to dive in CR isn't it?

but on a serious note, i love 'real Thailand' too. i just came back from a trip to Khon Kaen and love the people and night-life there and love not always feeling like a f'in tourist.

however, the south is green, comfortable moderate climate, good air quality. i've never been to CR but lived in Pai for a while and it seems to me there are a few months of the year when the air is unbreathable and the climate is unbearable. correct me if i'm wrong.

steve

Chiang Rai beach, commonly known as Pattaya Noy isn't really much of a place. Swimming out as the water very polluted, and the place is really a glorified thai picnic spot. i would be inclined to look at other locations around the city. We live only 3 kms E of the city in the country, and it is very quiet and pleasant, no tanoys not even a cockerel! I'm at work in the centre in 10 minutes. The beach OK for an occasional visit to eat.

We were at a spectacular beach yesterday near wiang Kaen , chiang Khong way. Just at the point where the mekong heads into Laos.

Kids playing and swimming in the rock pools , only thing missing was the Tourist masses, Deck Chairs & the Food Vendors.

but on a serious note, i love 'real Thailand' too. i just came back from a trip to Khon Kaen and love the people and night-life there and love not always feeling like a f'in tourist.

however, the south is green, comfortable moderate climate, good air quality. i've never been to CR but lived in Pai for a while and it seems to me there are a few months of the year when the air is unbreathable and the climate is unbearable. correct me if i'm wrong.

steve

No I just picked up on the BSAC and made an assumption 'British Sub_aqua Club' , as opposed to PADI. Used to be a member myself in a previous existence. But I do suspect its Kinda Hard to dive in CR ;-)

Edited by jubby

We were at a spectacular beach yesterday near wiang Kaen , chiang Khong way. Just at the point where the mekong heads into Laos.

Kids playing and swimming in the rock pools , only thing missing was the Tourist masses, Deck Chairs & the Food Vendors.

If you are interested in pictures of the place Jubby was talking about just click on THE BEACH.

however, the south is green, comfortable moderate climate, good air quality. i've never been to a few months of the year when the air is unbreathable and the climate is unbearable. correct me if i'm wrong.

steve

Unbearable? PLEASE elborate further!

however, the south is green, comfortable moderate climate, good air quality. i've never been to a few months of the year when the air is unbreathable and the climate is unbearable. correct me if i'm wrong.

steve

Unbearable? PLEASE elborate further!

Feb through April (till rainy season starts) is very hot, dry and smoky.

Of course having lived in SoCal 35 years, this is not unbearable to me.

But for others used to a damp climate :o , this might be something to consider....

Feb through April (till rainy season starts) is very hot, dry and smoky.

Of course having lived in SoCal 35 years, this is not unbearable to me.

But for others used to a damp climate :o , this might be something to consider....

OK, so this year the smoke/pollution was bad for about 4 weeks but from what I gather this year was worse than normal. But the rest of the year is great, yeah it gets hot from Feb - Apr/May, where in Thailand doesn't?! Whenever I have flown from CM to Phuket or BKK, despite when I've done it, I have noticed the difference in temperature as soon as I have stepped off the plane, the south is much hotter and much more humid. And the cool season here in CR was a real surprise, I had to get my mum to send me my fleece, gloves and a hat from England, seeing the kids at the school I work at wearing ear-muffs in the morning was something I never thought I would see in Thailand. So the northern weather gets my vote over the year-round sticky, humid south any day.