Totally Fantastic

Khutan

Thanks all TV for the extra forum.

I hope it is a success. I know the north is maybe a bit slower paced than the south of Bangkok, but I like it that way.

Living in Suphanburi, the western influence is minimal and so close to Bangkok, wow. Sorry, no bars here, but many many friendly people, and after nearly a year of living here I have never heard "Falang - Ha - Baht !!!"

Kanchanaburi, with the same meaning as Suphanburi - "City Gold" is equally a wonderful place, more influence from the world, but just enough to ensure a certain charm. I love going to Kanchana and even dealing with immigration there. Of course Kanchanaburi put Thailand on the map for many reasons.

Saraburi, well, if you want a hospital, a scenic waterfall, nature reserve or even to learn is the place to go. I always looked at Saraburi as an annoying province before the turn-off to Suphan, I have to say, after a few days there, also a very good destination.

Prathumtanee, I am not sure if you are in here or not, but still has many interesting things.

Once again, thanks again TV, hope it is a success.

Matt

Thanks all TV for the extra forum.

I hope it is a success. I know the north is maybe a bit slower paced than the south of Bangkok, but I like it that way.

Living in Suphanburi, the western influence is minimal and so close to Bangkok, wow. Sorry, no bars here, but many many friendly people, and after nearly a year of living here I have never heard "Falang - Ha - Baht !!!"

Kanchanaburi, with the same meaning as Suphanburi - "City Gold" is equally a wonderful place, more influence from the world, but just enough to ensure a certain charm. I love going to Kanchana and even dealing with immigration there. Of course Kanchanaburi put Thailand on the map for many reasons.

Saraburi, well, if you want a hospital, a scenic waterfall, nature reserve or even to learn is the place to go. I always looked at Saraburi as an annoying province before the turn-off to Suphan, I have to say, after a few days there, also a very good destination.

Prathumtanee, I am not sure if you are in here or not, but still has many interesting things.

Once again, thanks again TV, hope it is a success.

Matt

Welcome to the moderators view on things , mattnich :D

I'm sure you will do well :o, and congrats with the new forum!

Darknight; thanks for the positive comments.

Of course we forgot Audhaya (I have never seen a consistant spelling) from the list. Being the Ancient Capital, world heritage, etc etc and has a good Mall as well.

as far as well known atttractions in this area we have many. Welcome all, post as you will.

Matt

Theres rakes of good bars in Suphanburi!!!!

Yes but so very quaint, compared to Bangkok.

"Girlie Drinks" are Ovaltine, generally if they go with you, its for dinner, b-b-q or a (Thai) movie.

Rhumours abound, but I am willing to research and report on "concrete fact" :o

I'd be very surpised if there were'nt any "good" bars in supan if you know what I mean :o > I know there are loads in Nakorn, never been but I've been invited loads of times. The laocl town Tak li used to have and airforce base and still has a lot of "bars" left over. I've been down a few times (about 3 in 4 years) when I've had mates out here (just looking of course).

• 4 weeks later...
'good bars in Suphanburi'??? Where pray tell? In Song Phi Nong we ain't got none. Just as well...quiet country life has it's advantages. There appear to be a lot of karaoke places around that I suspect double as brothels...

Saw a couple of places around the "100 year Market" in Samchuk that looked like they had possibility but as it were daytime... :o