So We've Got Our Own Place.who Lives Here?

RamdomChances

How many menbers live in the "central region" of thailand, I've seen a few of you around supan, I'm in Nakorn Sawan, billd66 and mouse are in kampengpet, spee is up in pitchit or petchbun (sorry I always get confused between the two) and Kan win in kanganaburi. So where do you live ?

Hi there,

I'm in Nakhon Sawan too. I married here 1,5 years ago and ever liked it since. Being well travelled and worked all around the Globe i appreciate that this Place isn't too much visited.

Would be nice to meet some People who live around here.

rcm :o

Hi,

Spending as much time as possible in a small village outside of Laplae 20km of Uttaradit.

The rest of my time I am in central Tokyo

We have openned a 'hair salon' and it keeps us busy

Feel free to drop in for a hair cut or a chat

• 2 months later...

There's a fair few expats here in Kan. Sadly there are a few idiots who've been kicked out of Pattaya, but they generally hang around on "The Strip" along the River Kwai road where all the seedy bars are!

There's decent place for a beer along the road too and some good spots in town (Don @ Four 9's).

Kan is great, been here a fair while now and love it! Great place for raising a family and ideal for working. Just far enough away from Bangers to matter but can get in in less than 2 hours.

Nightlife is fairly sedate around these parts but there are some of the central regions best restaurants here. We've even got our own curry house now, although not up to BKK standards!

I used to live in the south (Krabi, Chumphon) and loved it there (Chumphon, NOT Krabi) but Kan is better.

Does get a bit sweaty though in Feb/March/April. Thank God for Songkhran!

I lived in Ao Nang when I was in Krabi. Beautiful place, dindn't particulalrly care for the people. When I first arrived there in 1998 it was just a small backpackers type of place, like so many places in LOS it had "all the potential". But once the potential was realised the locals turned into money grabbing vultures and all foreigners were there to be ripped off, regardless of how long they'd been there! Money changes people...

Thought I'd found my own little piece of heaven, then it turned to hel_l...!!! The difference between then and now really is shocking!

Chumphon, for the above reasons was great. Quiet, a few expats dotted around and close to the beach which has yet to fall to big developers. I moved there after seeing it a few times en route from Koh Tao and just kind of fell for the place. I'm not a bar-hopper and never will be. When I go to a bar or nightspot I like to go and have a DRINK!

I'm sure a lot of TV members would agree that when you first hear "Hello, welcome" and "ooh sexy man" it's kind of cute for the first couple of years or so and I'm not averse to have a pretty Thai girl do things to my thigh! However, after a while it just gets annoying!

It was sad to leave Chumpers, but since I started to do more and more business around BKK it made sense to move up to the central region. do go back from time to time and catch up with a fw mates though and always stop there on my way to Koh Tao which is one of my favourite places still.

Kan is great as well though, I do love it here and can't see myself moving again now as I'm settled with the family.

I'm right on the northern border of BKK and PathumThani (500m away) but spend nearly all my time around Rangsit (Pathum T.).

Most of my one day ride-arounds are in the Central area so I'm familiar with nearly all of the central provinces, especially 'Chan (Kanchanaburi.)

:o

Me too Rangsit based/Khlong Luang /Khlong 3 not far from Talad Thai ( the wholesale market )

How many menbers live in the "central region" of thailand, I've seen a few of you around supan, I'm in Nakorn Sawan, billd66 and mouse are in kampengpet, spee is up in pitchit or petchbun (sorry I always get confused between the two) and Kan win in kanganaburi. So where do you live ?

Hi there,

I'm in Nakhon Sawan too. I married here 1,5 years ago and ever liked it since. Being well travelled and worked all around the Globe i appreciate that this Place isn't too much visited.

Would be nice to meet some People who live around here.

Actually billd766 is in Bangladesh for a while doing a bit of money grabbing to keep body and soul (and the family) together.

My wife will be in Nakhon Sawan tomorrow taking our son to the clinic for his monthly or 6 weekly checkup.

She will be easy to recognise if you are near the ATM area in Big C laughing and clapping her hands when she realises I got paid. She looks Thai with black hair, medium height and build and a small boy with her. If you see her say hi for me as I won't see them until the middle of August.

Edited by the scouser

Hi All,

Wil be in country during the last week of June. Anyone fancy a Central Thailand Forum get-together? Can host at my place (appx in the middle of a triangle formed by Phichit, Taphan Hin and Phetchabun), or travel around in the area now that I have a truck for transport. Feel free to PM or email.

Me too Rangsit based/Khlong Luang /Khlong 3 not far from Talad Thai ( the wholesale market )

Hey! That's where i live. how long have you been living there?

Over three years (about ) ..we were amongst the first to move into Preuksa 12 when it opened ..

We previously lived in Bangladesh for 4 years , we being the whole family .. Thai wife 2 Kids .

In fact my son was born in Bangladesh ...../ and my wife is from just outside of Khampangphet ...sorry spelling !!!!!!!! can`t say it properly either until I visit and have several glasses of the local brew ...

Edited by the scouser

"How many menbers live in the "central region" of thailand, I've seen a few of you around supan, I'm in Nakorn Sawan, billd66 and mouse are in kampengpet, spee is up in pitchit or petchbun (sorry I always get confused between the two) and Kan win in kanganaburi. So where do you live ?"

Hi I've been living in Nakhon Sawan since 2001 in 'Moo baan kay ha' about 2km from Big C, 8km from Kao Leo on the Phichit road. Wife and I are in the UK for a month or 2 then back to the daily grind of doing nothing and enjoying it.

Seen a few farangs in Big C but haven't met any. There are always a few sitting in the bar around 12ish, could be teachers as there are a few uni's/schools around. Wife's folks live 80km north in Mae Pern near Lat Yao.

I suppose it's about time i found some drinking partners.

"How many menbers live in the "central region" of thailand, I've seen a few of you around supan, I'm in Nakorn Sawan, billd66 and mouse are in kampengpet, spee is up in pitchit or petchbun (sorry I always get confused between the two) and Kan win in kanganaburi. So where do you live ?"

Hi I've been living in Nakhon Sawan since 2001 in 'Moo baan kay ha' about 2km from Big C, 8km from Kao Leo on the Phichit road. Wife and I are in the UK for a month or 2 then back to the daily grind of doing nothing and enjoying it.

Seen a few farangs in Big C but haven't met any. There are always a few sitting in the bar around 12ish, could be teachers as there are a few uni's/schools around. Wife's folks live 80km north in Mae Pern near Lat Yao.

I suppose it's about time i found some drinking partners.

Hi there,

There is a word ...drinking Partner.....I live in nakhon Sawan too...since October 2005 but have been in and out before as i worked outside of LOS .

I am not blessed with loads of free time at present but i guess we should take some time off....

I'll send you a PM with my contacts....

cheers,

Over three years (about ) ..we were amongst the first to move into Preuksa 12 when it opened ..

We previously lived in Bangladesh for 4 years , we being the whole family .. Thai wife 2 Kids .

In fact my son was born in Bangladesh ...../ and my wife is from just outside of Khampangphet ...sorry spelling !!!!!!!! can`t say it properly either until I visit and have several glasses of the local brew ...

Another one in the area! Used to be in Preuksa 13 and still have a house there, but moved a few months ago to Passorn 4, just next to the entrance to Khlong 3 from the Rangsit-Nakon Nayok Rd. We're also looking at buying some land up in Khao Yai.

Another one in the area! Used to be in Preuksa 13 and still have a house there, but moved a few months ago to Passorn 4, just next to the entrance to Khlong 3 from the Rangsit-Nakon Nayok Rd. We're also looking at buying some land up in Khao Yai.

Are you the farang with the house near the social club/swimming pool ????...if so we spoke once !!

I am in Preuksa 13 a little along the road, thank God they got a little of the road sorted when is the rest being done ???

I am mainly in UK, but should be heading home 29th of June in 4 weeks time not that I am counting much!!!!

24 days of vacation doing nothing but relaxing and maybe some drink along the way...

Weescotsguy66

Edited by weescotsguy66

I am in Preuksa 13 a little along the road, thank God they got a little of the road sorted when is the rest being done ???

I am mainly in UK, but should be heading home 29th of June in 4 weeks time not that I am counting much!!!!

24 days of vacation doing nothing but relaxing and maybe some drink along the way...

Weescotsguy66

Hi give me a call I will always accept a drink !!! especially a good single malt ...something smokey and peaty ..please no ice , no mixer ...no problem !!!!!.

The road has sort of been done but now being undone in various places ...18 months back the area was called the MOON Road by the taxi drivers ... but Pr13 has had some flooding issues as has 12 but 13 is staying much longer ..( we have family members who live there .

Edited by rcalsop

Are you the farang with the house near the social club/swimming pool ????...if so we spoke once !!

The house in PS13 was a street away from the pool, so could possibly have been me! Er...shocking memory though, and can't remember, sorry...

The house we've kept there isn't that one though, but another one at the end of that soi.

Still wanting for the pool in Passorn 4 to open. Was supposed to have been done by last April... :o

• 1 month later...

Can anybody recommend a a couple of areas to consider looking for a house to rent in Nakhonsawan ? I'm sending my wife back in December to find a place to rent and buy all of the appliances so I can hit the ground running when I arrive in March. I want to rent the first year but would be willing to consider buying if I could get something decent under 2 million.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Hi SK...lost your way :o. The banks are probably the first place to look other than that word of mouth, I don't know of any agents that deal in that sort of stuff, but it's not really something that I pay much attention too. kasigorn (SP) bank used to have a good online section in english, covering the whole of thailand (in provincial sections) but I've lost the link if I find it I'll pm it to you

• 3 weeks later...

I know I am responding to an old post but i am guessing you are still here. I live in the Lop Buri area, I am not sure what you call central Thailand. I live 30 + Km northof Lop Buri outside of Khko Samrong in a small settlement, mostly farming. Drp another note if you are still around

M R Hudson