Organic Farming Vs Peraculture

I offer these definitions from Wikapedia to assist the forum organize itself as there seems to be some confusion.

In my own mind organic farming or gardening is a practical type of agriculture that produces better food, safer crops more cheaply

Whilst peraculture is complicated academic concept for life in an ideal world which would include The Kingdom

ORGANIC FARMING is a form of agriculture that relies on crop rotation, green manure, compost, biological pest control, and mechanical cultivation to maintain soil productivity and control pests, excluding or strictly limiting the use of synthetic fertilizers and synthetic pesticides, plant growth regulators, livestock feed additives, and genetically modified organisms

PERMACULTURE is an approach to designing human settlements and perennial agricultural systems that mimic the relationships found in the natural ecologies. It was first developed by Australians Bill Mollison and David Holmgren and their associates during the 1970s in a series of publications.

Permaculture design principles extend from the position that "The only ethical decision is to take responsibility for our own existence and that of our children" (Mollison, 1990). The intent was that, by rapidly training individuals in a core set of design principles, those individuals could design their own environments and build increasingly self-sufficient human settlements — ones that reduce society's reliance on industrial systems of production and distribution that Mollison identified as fundamentally and systematically destroying Earth's ecosystems.

Hi YD

I'm not sure I follow you on this, I followed up your original post titled organic farming techniques link   if you were using biodynamic farming methods ? your reply was that you were using permaculture methods link

Whilst I agree with your definitions that permaculture embraces a whole wider philosophy, a lot of areas of the two disciplines overlap in regards to agriculture mulch,organic fertiliser, companion planting to name but a few.

Most farmers like to use a combination of techniques they feel appropriate to their personal needs as reflected in many of the posts.

I will edit the title of the pinned thread to reflect the fact that we are discussing permaculture in its regard to agriculture   :o  !!

regards Jandtaa

Hi YD

I'm not sure I follow you on this, I followed up your original post titled organic farming techniques link   if you were using biodynamic farming methods ? your reply was that you were using permaculture methods link

Whilst I agree with your definitions that permaculture embraces a whole wider philosophy, a lot of areas of the two disciplines overlap in regards to agriculture mulch,organic fertiliser, companion planting to name but a few.

Most farmers like to use a combination of techniques they feel appropriate to their personal needs as reflected in many of the posts.

I will edit the title of the pinned thread to reflect the fact that we are discussing permaculture in its regard to agriculture   :o  !!

regards Jandtaa

ok. the links seems like a mad womens breakfast??