Golf In Chiang Mai

Duckhook

Ladies & Gents

I shall be in Chiang Mai for a brief stay next month. I hope to make time for one round of golf.  I will be staying in town, and will be using public transport, presumably a taxi. Your recomendations would be appreciated.

Roger

I played a couple courses in ChaingMai and this was my favorite:

http://davidclary.com/lamphun.htm

As far as your screen name goes, weaken your grip a bit and get that right shoulder on plane! :o:D

I've only ever played at Lanna Sports club. Mainly because it's the nearest to town by a long way and I like it there. I've played there about once a week for the last month or so. They have 29 holes, it can be a little busy even mid week cost just short of 1000 bart for 18 holes midweek, more at the weekend. They have a driving range and you can rent clubs but I don't know how much they are.

It's on the Mae Rim road only about 2 or 3 miles away from the centre of town. Your next nearest for 18 holes is Chiang Mai Green hills, I've never played there but it's in Mae Rim quite a bit further out than the Lanna.

I've only ever played at Lanna Sports club. Mainly because it's the nearest to town by a long way and I like it there. I've played there about once a week for the last month or so. They have 29 holes, it can be a little busy even mid week cost just short of 1000 bart for 18 holes midweek, more at the weekend. They have a driving range and you can rent clubs but I don't know how much they are.

It's on the Mae Rim road only about 2 or 3 miles away from the centre of town. Your next nearest for 18 holes is Chiang Mai Green hills, I've never played there but it's in Mae Rim quite a bit further out than the Lanna.

The thing I like about Lanna is that it's like playing more than one course on the same day. We played the nine that has several holes inside the race track, and then a very wooded section for our back nine. I enjoyed it as well--just liked Lamphun more.

I have some pictures of Lanna on my site as well--work back from my earlier post!

Agree with others thoroughly enjoyed Lanna. As far as I know Green Hills & Lamphun are quite long.

Lanna has some nice water, but not too punishing (famous lastwords!!)

Gymkhana also close to town & the oldest. Any good?? :o

Whilst on the subject, what's the situation re. regular rounds, friendly & comp. out there?

Love my golf in UK (course only 5min from home), & would like to carry on at least twice a week when we move out to CM.

Scottie

It's not a slice, it's a power fade :D

Agree with others thoroughly enjoyed Lanna. As far as I know Green Hills & Lamphun are quite long.

Lanna has some nice water, but not too punishing (famous lastwords!!)

Gymkhana also close to town & the oldest. Any good?? :o

Whilst on the subject, what's the situation re. regular rounds, friendly & comp. out there?

Love my golf in UK (course only 5min from home), & would like to carry on at least twice a week when we move out to CM.

Scottie

It's not a slice, it's a power fade :D

Gymkhana also close to town & the oldest. Any good??

I play at Gymkhana, I like it because I am a novice golfer and because its never to busy it means that I can play badly ,slowly.

Very cheap to compared with other clubs in CMX

What I like about Gymkhana is that it is a walk-only course, not bothered by electric carts and guys jumping out, hit, jump in again and race away, it almost looks like work this way.

Play the course 2-3 times a week, am a high handicapper so it is fine for me.

Lanna is much larger, Green Valley even better but further out. Lanna and Gymkhana can easily be reached by tuk-tuk.

Joop