Forum Title

ProfessorFart

why not create another forum with "Elsewhere in Thailand"? the guy's  just got their own place and you want to make it "Trainstation central "  :o

Or one for guys like us called: "Likes to live in Thailand but stuck overseas making $$$ to turn into baht Forum."

cv

Personaly I'd revamp the "local forums" somethin like......

Bangkok forum

Chaing Mai and the North

Issan

Central Thailand

Phuket and the South

I'd leave in the Hua Hin and Ko Samui ones as they are a bit hard to define to an area but still major resorts, Pattaya is also big enough to have its own.

This would cut it back to 8 forums insted of 9 but I'd open a "community forum" on somethin like "country life"(which has been discused previously http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16832&st=0 ) for non area specific posts.

Cheers RC

Personaly I'd revamp the "local forums"  somethin like......

Bangkok forum

Chaing Mai and the North

Issan

Central Thailand

Phuket and the South

I'd leave in the Hua Hin and Ko Samui ones as they are a bit hard to define to an area but still major resorts, Pattaya is also big enough to have its own.

This would cut it back to 8 forums insted of 9 but I'd open a "community forum" on somethin like "country life"(which has been discused previously http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16832&st=0 ) for non area specific posts.

Cheers RC

I personally would go for the following;

Bangkok

North (with sub forums of CM, CR, etc.)

Issan (sub forums Khorat, Udon etc.)

Central Thailand (including Phetchaburi.)

Eastern (sub forums Pattaya, Rayong, Bang Saen etc)

Southern (sub forums HH/Cha-am, Hat Yai etc.)

Islands (sub forums Samui, Phuket etc.)

Bangkok forum

Chaing Mai and the North

Issan

Central Thailand

Phuket and the South

Cheers RC

I think RC should redesign the community forums... he's got some good ideas. :cowboy:

cv

RC,

I like your idea,

I am actually in the throws of editing a provinical map so people can have an opinion. and the "Geographical Boundaries" can be put to bed. (Please don't hold your breath)

This is becoming a strange geography, my cousin who lives in Suratthani, wanted to know if he fitted in this forum. Poor guy has no idea you post where the information is relevant, or of course where Suratthani is compared to possible Bangkok. :o

Personally I think the south is very well covered, Suratthani is more like Phuket etc, and Petchburi etc are nearer the Hua-Hin side.

My suggestion came from the gap where once you crossed the Ring road, or ever Prathumthani onwards, the next forum was Chaing Mai or Issan. If you ask a local in the "uncovered area" if they identified with Chaing Mai or Issan, I dont thing you would get alot of support.

I look at this as also a forum showing a very positive side to living in this part of Thailand, and also what a wonderful part of the world it is. Sure prople from the islands and mountains can claim many wonderful things as well, and also Issan (where I have spent many millions) :D (Paid advertising to follow). Cnsider this; in the last (Nearly year) I have felt the craftmanship of the teak furniture, envisaged grand battles, seen empires to amaze all, sampled the "fruit of the gods", slept on the finest silk that only love can produce, and eaten some of the best cuisine (and not been sick) you can taste.

I can go to a 5 star hotel and pay 750 baht a night including breakfast and VAT, I can eat a kilo of Prawns/shrimp/goong for 200 Baht, add a bottle or two of beer, and for less than 500 Baht you have an amazing meal.

Go a bit further north - east - west, sure the landscape changes a bit, and so does the food and the people.

I have been raised an attitude of celebrating diversity, and if you like that, you will have a huge party.

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Bangkok forum

Chaing Mai and the North

Issan

Central Thailand

Phuket and the South

Cheers RC

I think RC should redesign the community forums... he's got some good ideas. :cowboy:

cv

Good idea's whats he doing here then?