Vietnam Snaps

paulfromphuket

You asked for your photos to be evaluated, no need to get into a huff.

All three snaps leave room for improvement:

1. Picture 1: It is not clear what the subject matter in the 1st photo is. The kids? The bridge? The shoes? The railing coming in from the right is very distracting. The photo is not sharp. That the girl has her back to us just does not work.

1. Picture 2: Photographing down on the kid does not work; you should have made the effort to go level. The road bisecting the kid's head distracts. The picture is not straight.

1. Picture 3: The picture is very crooked; this is easily fixed, even in a snap. The boat's structure coming in from the left is very distracting. I think the picture would have worked better if the boat from which the kid is jumping was not at all visible.

It is not going to help you if you are that thin-skinned and start calling people names when you are not happy with the judgment of your photos.

Happy snapping,

Hanno

i like this shot. its quite intriguing. Photography is about light or the lack of it.

But its just as important to decide what not to include as what to include

have cropped, the railing is not the subject and increased the exposure a little to get a bit more detail out of the subject in the shade and to reduce the importance of the background

post-34511-1238646985_thumb.jpg

very odd snap shot................could be anywhere.your family?or what?anymore to show and tell?

no just walking around da dneag i think it was called heres another

OOOOh i do not like this shot

Never shoot down on the subject in portrait photography, especially photographing children

The colors, texture and light of the background are too similar to that of the subject

When composing always consider the background as importantly as the subject

• 3 weeks later...

Two of the three shots now greatly improved by Yumidesigns cropping, these shots now work very well and are as good as I've seen in publications.

Hannos comment about the girl with her back to us not working, well it does for me as this shot is about contrasts, light versus dark, hard surface versus soft surface, boy versus gilrl, and finally his interest versus her disinterest!

I think that you "see" pictures well but need to polish up on some compositional skills.

Edited by OnNutter