Siam International

mogoso

Getting things together for our permanant move to Thailand, I called a company I saw here on Thaivisa.

I spoke with a gentleman located in California, who quoted me, (what I thought were great prices) to ship from Atlanta to Chiang Mai with an inspection stop in Bangkok.

A 20' trailer (about 7 meters) would be delivered to my home, which I would fill with our household posessions. I would have to list all of the contents. It would be picked up, taken to BKK via ship, and then trucked up to Chiang Mai where I would unload and then the trailer would be taken away.

Costs were $2,950 ( dollars) to BKK

Port fee and inspection fee were 8,000 and 6,000 thai baht

The shipping cost to Chiang Mai was 24,000 baht with a 4,000 baht with trailer pickup fee

All in all it'd be about $4200 dollars

How many have used Siam International? I spoke with a gentleman who just seemed to be knowledgable and confident about his companies abilities, which instilled a bit of confidence in me. Not to easy to do as I'm generally a non trusting cranky old #@$T$%U^^

Yep Rubbish.

Sorry, but i used the office in Bangkok twice for some documentation and both times somewhere there was an error.

Won't use them again, but maybe I was just unlucky.

I hope you were. I recieved a PM from another Thaivisa member who was quite satisfied with his move by Siam. The proof will be in the pudding as they say. I'll have to experience it for myself to decide.