New immigration rules

Mr Paul

I would refer you to the 'Ruling out the foreigner' thread in this same category and the pertaining 41 pages. You would probably be more confused later than going in.

To the website administrators I would say that the previous thread sets out the new rules and that the replies would give us a compendium in the FAQ category. It would be worthwhile to edit and condense the 41 pages so that those like Mr Paul could refer directly. No doubt there will be lots of others as awareness of the new rules is spreading. Also, in order to apply pressure to the immigration people an interpretation of the new regs should get out now. A lot of us marginal types are wishing that this is all a bad dream...

best regards

say...george, lopburi and the rest of you knowlegeable types if I were to do a Penang run and receive a renewed non - imm 'o' on or before 30 June 2004 would the old regs still apply? (new regs to apply in July 2004)

Another reason to look into the idea of putting together a definitive guide to the new rules. Also what is this business about new charges for non - imm 'o' visas in Penang? This thread is the first I've heard about it and I was just there in July...

regards

To the website administrators I would say that the previous thread sets out the new rules and that the replies would give us a compendium in the FAQ category. It would be worthwhile to edit and condense the 41 pages so that those like Mr Paul could refer directly. No doubt there will be lots of others as awareness of the new rules is spreading.

Anyone fancy making a FAQ?

FAQs would take the fun out of the moaning though :o

FAQs are good as long as they are updated & current which can be sometimes hard to do.

Most people like to start a fresh post, even after reading the FAQs they will still go ahead and ask the Questions anyway even if it has been answered in the FAQs.