Text And Talk School.... Bkk

ChrisP

many of the students were complaining, but not so any teacher or school offical could hear them.

Why did not you or some of your classmates register your complaints with someone in authority at the school as opposed to permitting what you described to continue unaddressed?

Why didn't you do something meaningful to safeguard your investment of time and money?

This is Thailand.

They most likely knew that their complaints would not have been delt with anyway ( remember we are talking about the Text n' Talk of the past, not the now more productive and improved Text n' Talk )

I too have heard many good comments about T&T, but these are all students who have completed their TEFL in the last 18 months, but students who completed their TEFL at T&T before that period, in most cases, I hear many negative remarks to go with the good ones...............

Huh? He says he just finished the course and his message is dated 4-30-07.

SeattleSam Posted Yesterday, 2007-04-30 20:47:34

I just finished a 1 month course at Text and Talk and it was the English school from hel_l!

the evaluators for the practice teaching would each tell you something either different or directly contradictory. And you would be graded on that basis.

you couldn't get a straight answer from the teacher, when you could hear him.

they had 13 people in the class and it was complete chaos.

many of the students were complaining, but not so any teacher or school offical could hear them.

be aware that you will receive a grade for the course, which goes on your TEFL certificate. The head of the school told us today that 85% of the students get a "C" grade. Also, if you have no teaching experience, that goes on your certificate as well.

one caveat, their is an official there by the name of Leigh (don't know if thats spelt correctly) who is absolutely great. the first day i asked about a cab route and by the end of the day he came back with hand drawn maps and thai text to show the driver. all of my experiences with him were similiar. he seemed very, very out of place there!

I'm considering enrolling with the Text and Talk School in BKK (the one near Chatujak) in July, to get my TEFL.

I understand it's 120hours, 6 weeks, 4 days a week.

Anyone have any knowledge of their school, quality, placement, etc...

Cheers

ChrisP

First class establishment. What more can I say.

I have also taken my TEFL from TnT in June 2006 and was very happy with the quality of the course and especially with my instructor Keith. I have been working as a teacher for the company since I graduated and have always been happy with the staff in the office. I have now left the company due to a better contract elsewhere. I can only recommend TnT to everybody who needs a TEFL certificate.

• Haha 1

• 11 years later...

Dinosaur thread

I've never done a TEFL. It's not stopped me from making 100% more in five years than the first day I walked in a classroom.

What specialized information do you think you're going to get that not available online?

Each school and experience, each grade will be an entirely new experience with new demands.

I could never see the point in a TEFL. Especially at 50000b and you know those for 15k are utterly worthless.

Place yourself! Never work for an agency!

Edited by ozmeldo