Where Is The Best School

mbkudu

My Thai language skills have always been just average and I would like to really go all the way and learn to speak, read and write Thai fluently. I am looking at this as a long term classroom study of even a few years if necessary. I want to be able to pass a Thai high school proficiency exam someday. I want to study in Bangkok.

If anybody has any good recommendations, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Union (might have Pacific chucked in here as well) Language School (check with MeMock on Ajarn.com I think he's going there!) or something like this?

Got a bit of info here from an old e-mail I sent out:

Here are some links that should help you, I've found ULS so check them out as they've been highly recommended! Sorry if some of the links are a bit rubbish just cut and paste them into your browser and they should work.

thaiarc.tu.ac.th/host/thaiarc/thai/thcourse.html

www.expatsguide.com/language_schools.html

www.learningthai.com/schools/

www.groovybangkok.com/thai_language_schools.htm

www.thai-language-online.com/resources/ Bangkok_schools.shtml

This is what I put into google "union language school bangkok".

Also Nisa are supposed to be good as well.

It is personal experience/opinion, however.........

I am one of those who studies seriously for a while and then succumbs to the lure of "big" money in other areas. This results in interruption of studies and having to review later to get back to square one. (not the one in Washington Square).

Both in the early 90s and in the present day, I have found Nisa to be excellent. When I get out of my current situation in Kuwait, I will return to them.

Another I consider good is the Thong Lor school (at the Thong Lor BTS stop). I was reading above "P2" level and beginning to write essays after 80 hours. My goal was, and is, the P6 exam.

I will soon return to Nisa for one of the reasons that is somewhat unique to Bangkok. It is close to my home. Minimizing my struggle with daily traffic leaves me more time to study.

peeraya thai language school

silom 64 building

7th floor

64 silom road

saladaeng skytrain station

this is a (very) small operation with just two

good, fun, teachers , who will make you talk thai.

reading and writing too and they can prepare you for the p6 exam if that is your goal.

as with all the schools , the speed at which you advance is down to the amount of practice / homework you can discipline yourself to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by taxexile

silom 64 building

7th floor

64 silom road

reading and writing too and they can prepare you for the p6 exam if that is your goal.

as with all the schools , the speed at which you advance is down to the amount of practice / homework you can discipline yourself to do.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

silom 64 building

7th floor

64 silom road

Apologies to taxexile and all as I use this particular area to learn how to post replies.

I am quite interested in the topic, hence the attempts.

As I surfed these forums in previous days, I noticed this school mentioned a few times. I like the description posted here (small school, but with good, fun teachers). I will also be looking at this school as a result of reading this post. Although farther from my home, the skytrain and underground make the trip painless.