Google Map For Chiang Rai

svenivan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sven --- This is great!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort to do this for us. I can't wait to see all the new additions that the CR folks on TV will add to this.

Cheers on ya!!!

Ron

A great start, svenivan.

Alphabetical list

A tip to all who add placemarks: a new placemark gets added at the end of the list. If you wish to put it in its correct place in alpheabetical order, while in Edit mode drag the placemark in the left frame to the correct position in the list.

--

Maestro

What, no Makro, Sinthanee, Sahaphaiboon, Northern Bike?

Villagefarang, what is Sahaphaiboon??? Where is it, generally.

Turning off the super, heading toward the bus station and night market area, it is the big hardware shop on the left. Nothing near the size or selection of Home Pro in Chiang Mai but about as good as you can do in the Rai. I'm sure someone will disagree, however.

No I've found the selection excellent. Shopping around the smaller places can sometimes get better prices though. I got a better deal on my bathroom stuff just south of Big C, but the range available wasn't anywhere near as good. (The shop girls did clap and cheer when I got my money out though). :o

Thanks VF, and Sceall

I have been there many times but thought it had some farang name too, LOL. My wife has said it many times to me but I didn't want to admit I didn't know what she was talking about. So now I know.

The do have lots of items and on some high prices, but sometimes the extra few baht are worth paying just to not drive around town for hours looking for better prices.

• 2 weeks later...

You might want to rename your entries so they reflect their location at "Chiang Saen". Will make for easier searching on the side panel as well as make it possible to put them together alphabetically. Just a suggestion.

Nice one Sven, this will become something very useful for all.

I just added a couple of placemarks around Chiang Saen. More to come later.

You might want to rename your entries so they reflect their location at "Chiang Saen". Will make for easier searching on the side panel as well as make it possible to put them together alphabetically. Just a suggestion.
Nice one Sven, this will become something very useful for all.

I just added a couple of placemarks around Chiang Saen. More to come later.

Yes, good idea. If I can ever get the internet here working for longer than an hour....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I right-click on the link and select "open in a new tab", the map opens but has some errors on it. When I hit the "refresh page" button, it opens again without the errors. Maybe a Google problem? Google has had their share of troubles lately. The link has worked well for me in the past so I don't think it is a problem with individuals users. Maybe the trouble will clear up in a day or so. Handy map to have. Thanks Sven.