Google Map For Chiang Rai

svenivan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The guy in the middle is the boss, Shop sells all type of machinaries, tools, hardware and at a good price. Yes...he speaks good english.

Name of shop is SKM. Phone number: 053-755234

Located at Prasopsook Rd, about 100 meter onward from SahaPhaiBoon 1 (check the map on 1st post)

The guy in the middle is the boss, Shop sells all type of machinaries, tools, hardware and at a good price. Yes...he speaks good english.

Name of shop is SKM. Phone number: 053-755234

Located at Prasopsook Rd, about 100 meter onward from SahaPhaiBoon 1 (check the map on 1st post)

He's a good guy indeed. He'll order the high quality name brand things that he doesn't carry if you ask him to. Takes about three days to arrive. His was the first store in town to carry the laser levels, I believe, and the price was good. He is actually a partnership with two other stores in town. Often, when he doesn't have something, he can send a runner to one of the other two stores to get the item if they have it. He backs the warranties for the products he sells as well.

On any of the higher quality power tools, you can shop anywhere in town and then go check him out; he always gives a much better price in my dealings with him. He's probably at least twenty percent cheaper than the larger tool store on the left, further down the street towards the superhighway.

Edited by kandahar

Someone named "Antony" or "Anthony" has been into the map and moved some places around. I found Chiang Rai Zoo in northern Burma together with the Prawn Farm.

The waterskiplace in Huay Sak was placed south of Chiang Mai!

I have replaced the Zoo and the waterskiplace. Where the Prawn Farm was from the beginning I donot know. Someone might be able to place it right.

The other day I found someone had made a route to Korat or something like thisAND SAVED IT IN OUR MAP. Maybe it was this fantastic Anthony!

If Anthony reads this, DO NOT TOUCH OUR MAP! MAKE YOUR OWN PERSONAL MAP AND PLAY WITH THAT ! THANK YOU!

:D:):D

Someone named "Antony" or "Anthony" has been into the map and moved some places around. I found Chiang Rai Zoo in northern Burma together with the Prawn Farm.

I have replaced the Zoo and the waterskiplace. Where the Prawn Farm was from the beginning I donot know. Someone might be able to place it right.

The other day I found someone had made a route to Korat or something like thisAND SAVED IT IN OUR MAP. Maybe it was this fantastic Anthony!

If Anthony reads this, DO NOT TOUCH OUR MAP! MAKE YOUR OWN PERSONAL MAP AND PLAY WITH THAT ! THANK YOU!

I was thinking the same thing last week. Why was a route on our map. I thought it may had been pertinent but it was nothing. This sort of reminds me of that clown Krakatoa in the Chiang Mai burnt down venue thread. Nothing better to do but do or say inane things. I wish these pricks would get a life or go back to whatever miserable life they have and leave the rest of the world alone.

Just as an aside, I noticed early on that the map sven created had some ridiculous placemarker for some resort in the West Indies, like American Virgin Islands, or St. Kitts. I think I removed it...not sure...but my point is that this is the downside of interactive maps. Anyone can contribute, but anyone can <removed> it up and destroy as well.

If anything like this happens again, let the mod team know.

TV has a good relationship with Google, and if someone maliciously messes with the map....... :)

Totally not cool !!!

:D:D:D:D:D ....

This is a wonderful map, please don't mess it up !!!!!

btw...sevn, i've corrected where Saha PhaiBoon 1 support to be a week or so ago, it was place in a moo barn in Wieng Chai then.

Edited by RedBullHorn

• 1 month later...

with regard to a couple of things on the map,

buddhas footprint, don't climb all the way to the top like me and the g/f did today, the footprint is in a glass case at the bottom of the steps with the 'buddha's footprint this way' signs :)

also, I don't want to mess with the map but the restaurant 'nice restaurant by a small lake'? is closed :-) deserted, chairs all over the place, in a right 2 and 8 so if someone more qualified could add that to the description it might save someone else a drive,

Cheers,

Biff

Khum Chao Nang it's called :D

Edited by bifftastic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who have helped put together this helpful map.

Can anyone explain how to print this map?

When I have the document / map open and I attempt to print it, Google opens another "page" which shows the CR map without all the bookmarks, which prints fine, without the bookmarks.

I cannot figure out how to print it with the current bookmarks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thanks to all who have helped put together this helpful map.

Can anyone explain how to print this map?

When I have the document / map open and I attempt to print it, Google opens another "page" which shows the CR map without all the bookmarks, which prints fine, without the bookmarks.

I cannot figure out how to print it with the current bookmarks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Use the "Print screen" function in Windows. (I have a button on my keyboard with "Print screen". If you don´t have that one try with Alt-p or CTRL-p).

This is like a "Copy"-function to memory. Then you can paste it to another program that can handle pics.

I use Windows standardprogram "Paint" fot that.

And in Paint you just use the "Printfunction".

:):D:D

Sven & Genga

Thanks for your timely replies. :D

I was finally able to print a 4 inch X 5 inch sized map but it also printed 10 pages of text. :)

It ain't easy being stupid, you know?

Anyway, I have instead printed out lots of postings so at least I have something to go by when I pop up to CR in the next week or so....

Cheers

• 1 month later...

using windows.

put the map you want to print on your screen and when it is right press the control key and the print screen key together.

This adds the map to the clipboard

Then you can either paste the map into word or your favorite photo edit program and print from there.

If you are too stingy for windows and use linux I cannot help you :whistling:

using windows.

put the map you want to print on your screen and when it is right press the control key and the print screen key together.

This adds the map to the clipboard

Then you can either paste the map into word or your favorite photo edit program and print from there.

If you are too stingy for windows and use linux I cannot help you :whistling:

Sven,

I adjusted your white temple placemark. It was about a kilometer off target away in a rice paddy?..not now. Please go back in to edit, so that your name reappears for the credit on the original submission by you.

Cheers

Garry

Discrepancies and inconsistency often appear, depending on which mode one is using and the level of magnification. The map mode is not a accurate as the satellite mode but the satellite mode often draws the roads in the wrong place and not on top of the actual road. It is still a good idea to check now and then, as some things have been moved across town on occasion.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I added two places that might be of interest.

The first one is a baking shop, a place where you can find all the ingridients, the material and the machines to make delicious and beautiful cakes and also for making bread. We have been using this shop for a long time.

They also have the Tong Garden big peanuts in sealed plastic 1 kg package for 150 baht!!!

Freshly rosted Cashew nuts from Tong same, same but in 0.5 kg, cannot remember the price.

The peanuts are the best I can find in Thailand.

The baking place is just in the junction Superhighway and 1020 to Thoeng. 50 meter south from the junction on the no 1.

The second shop I added today is a Computershop just beside the Morning market in the city. It is an Indian guy that been 3 years in Sydney, speak very good English. He has HP, Dell and other computers plus a lot of laptops. He has a repair shop with a couple of technicians.

I had problem with my computer, the powersupply had given up. It took 15 minutes, I got a new one installed, paid the price for the powersupply, 650 baht, no servicecharge!! :thumbsup: Good guy!

If you come from the New Clocktower to Morning Market and Uttarakit rd. You turn left at the Old Clocktower passing the temple on your left and just before next junction on your right you find the JS Computer.

:D:lol::D

I pinned many different locations on this google map but they were hijacked. So I will post no more.:angry:

Did you remember to save them?

Have not heard about that something disappeared before. Sometimes they have been moved when someone is in editing.

Please try it one more time!

:(:huh::(

Yes I saved them. But this hijacker edited many of my entries.

I pinned many different locations on this google map but they were hijacked. So I will post no more.:angry:

Did you remember to save them?

Have not heard about that something disappeared before. Sometimes they have been moved when someone is in editing.

Please try it one more time!

:(:huh::(

Toybits, I do not know who has hijacked your locations.

But when I checked the map now I found that it has grown to be too big! The locations

has expanded so the last inserted ones were on page 2.

But all of them, one for Bens Guesthouse, one for Rimkok Resort and one for Mae Chan Shell station were already in the map.

When going over to page 2 you can only see the locations that are on page 2.

So now the map is closed so only myself can edit the map.

I have deleted some locations that I added when someone was looking for Condo-places.

So we can add a few more locations without going over to page 2.

If you have one, PM me about it and I will add the location.

Thank you!

:huh:<_<:(

• 3 months later...

map to Boomerang Rock Climbing & Adventure Park. It was kindly supplied by T.Visa's 'Eggomaniac'

If someone could mark it on the Chiang Rai map, thanks in advance.

I haven't yet figured how to add a listing to the Google map.

Besides rock climbing, the park has frisbee golf and zip lines - and a restaurant with pizza oven. It's scheduled to open on the weekend of February 5 & 6 2011. In the meantime, anyone who wants to drop by is welcome. I'm there most of the time.