Buddhist Retreat For A Western Woman?

otherstuff1957

A farang woman friend of mine has been studying Buddhism and meditation and is interested to going on a meditation retreat for a couple of days. She only speaks basic Thai, so she was wondering if anyone knew of a Bangkok area Wat with Nuns or Monks that spoke some English?

Any suggestions?

TIA

A farang woman friend of mine has been studying Buddhism and meditation and is interested to going on a meditation retreat for a couple of days.  She only speaks basic Thai, so she was wondering if anyone knew of a Bangkok area Wat with Nuns or Monks that spoke some English?

Any suggestions?

TIA

There's an excellent resource for retreats, temporary ordinations, and buddist study in Thailand at dharmanet.

http://www.dharmanet.org/thai_94.html

If you have questions just ask again. :o

cv

A farang woman friend of mine has been studying Buddhism and meditation and is interested to going on a meditation retreat for a couple of days.  She only speaks basic Thai, so she was wondering if anyone knew of a Bangkok area Wat with Nuns or Monks that spoke some English?

Any suggestions?

TIA

In Bangkok the most suitable place for a retreat of such a short duration, and where English is spoken, is Wat Mahathat, tel 0 2222 6011, Tha Phra Chan.

The International Buddhist Meditation Centre at Wat Mahathat provides meditation instruction several times daily at section 5, a building near the monks' residences. Air-con bus No 8 or 12 both pass near the wat, while the nearest Chao Phraya River Express pier is Tha Maharat.