Woman Mauled To Death By 3 Pit Bull Terriers, 3 Wounded

george

37-year-old woman mauled to death by 3 pit bull terriers

pit_bull_terrier.jpg

Pit Bull Terrier. -- Stock photo

NAKHON SAWAN: -- A woman was mauled to death by 3 pit bull terriers, which also injured her three relatives and killed another local dog, police said.

Police said Raksina Techawatanabamrungkij, 37, was killed late Friday night after she released the three pit bull terriers from the cage into the compound of her family's rice mill.

Her mother-in-law, Charoensri Lorlertrat, 53, her daughter, Thaweephan Lorlertrat, 20 months, and her brother-in-law, Satit Lorlertrat, 33, were injured by the dogs.

Charoensri told police that Raksina left the house to release the terriers from their cage at about midnight but she did not come back inside, prompting her daughter to cry.

Charoensri came out to look for her and found her badly-mauled body along with a local pet dog of the family.

The pit bull terriers then turned to attack Charoensri and her granddaughter. She cried for help and when her son came out to help, he was also attacked.

Eventually, Charoensri's husband, Seksuek Lorlertrat, came out to help and shot two terriers dead while the other one escaped.

-- The Nation 2009-04-05

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is horrific news - worst still is in the UK such animals are now being used instead of knives on the street. "Ohh officer my dog just attacked". Dog put down, owner gets off Scott free. Walking in my home Hampstead London, a very peaceful place I watched one of these things on the end of a leash. It attempted to attack an innocuous person walking down the village high street - The owner said 'stop it’s not playtime yet'. A child would have stood no chance whatsoever and the owners of of such 'pets' know so, sick.

Something I noticed from the article.

They were to be let out of their cage at midnight, near the family mill.

This right here tells me some things. Such as:

They were locked in cages for quite some time

They were most likely used as guard dogs, meaning trained to attack people.

Not touting nor condemning the race, just posting some observations.

Being from New Mexico, a mauling by pit bulls is almost a daily occurance. These dogs are trained to fight and abused by there owner, cut off tails and ears to deprive the other dog of a hold. Aithough the breed is defended by responsible owners the unresponsible ones give the breed a very bad reputation. Condolences to the family.

pit_bull_terrier.jpg

NAKHON SAWAN: -- A woman was mauled to death by 3 pit bull terriers, which also injured her three relatives and killed another local dog, police said.

Police said Raksina Techawatanabamrungkij, 37, was killed late Friday night after she released the three pit bull terriers from the cage into the compound of her family's rice mill.

Her mother-in-law, Charoensri Lorlertrat, 53, her daughter, Thaweephan Lorlertrat, 20 months, and her brother-in-law, Satit Lorlertrat, 33, were injured by the dogs.

Charoensri told police that Raksina left the house to release the terriers from their cage at about midnight but she did not come back inside, prompting her daughter to cry.

Charoensri came out to look for her and found her badly-mauled body along with a local pet dog of the family.

The pit bull terriers then turned to attack Charoensri and her granddaughter. She cried for help and when her son came out to help, he was also attacked.

Eventually, Charoensri's husband, Seksuek Lorlertrat, came out to help and shot two terriers dead while the other one escaped.

-- The Nation 2009-04-05

Will these fools never learn. Pit bulls were bred to kill. Sure some can be nice but even the nice ones can have a bad hair day and severely injure or kill. The breed should be outlawed and those who own them should be required to carry LOTS of insurance and be held personally responsible. Ironic that it was the owner who was attacked. A good pit bull is a dead pit bull.

Seremdipity2

Stereotypical for the breed is what you keep hearing along with that this type of dog or this specimen never hurts anyone... Let's just ask some parents of a few 1-5 year olds (or older) mauled kids somewhere etc. ....Think....but they never do. There are still restaurants here in Phuket that keep a big Big Pit Bull on a long chain (on the way to the toilet) and claim that it would NEVER ever harm anyone (until it kills).

This is horrific news - worst still is in the UK such animals are now being used instead of knives on the street. "Ohh officer my dog just attacked". Dog put down, owner gets off Scott free. Walking in my home Hampstead London, a very peaceful place I watched one of these things on the end of a leash. It attempted to attack an innocuous person walking down the village high street - The owner said 'stop it’s not playtime yet'. A child would have stood no chance whatsoever and the owners of of such 'pets' know so, sick.

Aren't Pit Bull Terriers banned in the UK under the Dangerous Dog Act?

Stereotypical for the breed is what you keep hearing along with that this type of dog or this specimen never hurts anyone... Let's just ask some parents of a few 1-5 year olds (or older) mauled kids somewhere etc. ....Think....but they never do. There are still restaurants here in Phuket that keep a big Big Pit Bull on a long chain (on the way to the toilet) and claim that it would NEVER ever harm anyone (until it kills).

Condolences to the family.

The unresponsible ones give the breed a very bad reputation.

When we came to live in thailand my dream was to have a few dogs to, tooo many childeren around our house , so thats why we have 2 Golden Retriever now , the childeren and they love them .

Not typical of the dog????

Dogs demeanors can be unpredictable. ANy animal can be unpredictable; but, these pit bulls are just too damned strong and ruthlessly violent when in the mood. Add to that the pack mentality and good luck.

THere are many humans who are afraid of dogs. dogs sense this and get aggressive.

SOme humans display the wrong body language, like eye contact and lifting a hand. Good fuc_king luck with this breed if you do that.

The truth of the matter is these dogs can cause lots of fear stress to the neighbors. I have no doubt that these persons neighbors likely are saying "som num naa"

If these people trained the dogs to be protection and attack dogs, then its their fault. If they did not train their loved ones how to display to dogs, its their fault.

Just owning one of these dogs is their fault.

SOrry, I don't buy into that mentality that these dogs are cute and cuddly victims. They are not family pets. THey are not lovely neighborhood pootches. They are prone to irritablility and they have a thug mentality when their fuse is lit.

i have also seen a young girl attacked by a pit bull. depsite what their loving owners might say these animals are not pets.. they are savage dogs bred for violence. for want of better words, please put these fuc_kers down.

So sad pit bulls kill again no matter how placid they seem it is in their nature to do so.

Most of you may not have ever had to do this kind of work, I have and one of the ranches I worked on had 4 pit bulls. One summer while building fence and getting ready for fall round up one of the ranch hands went to feed the dogs as he had done for years, without warning they attacked he lost a hand and an eye.

The boss had me kill all four I did so with some hint of pleasure as the ranch hand was my friend.

This shock will continue, pit bulls are not pets they were not bread to be pets they were originaly bred to round up bulls during spring breeding season.

It happens more often than you know. If you use your favorite search engine try "pit bull kill" and pit bull mauls" you will see what I mean when I say "Pit bulls kill because they like it" and once they kill they will do so until they are killed. They like the taste of fresh blood they do not kill for food.

Women and young children seem to be their favorite targets.

I thought that pit bulls and rottweilers were illegal in Thailand? :o

Aren't Pit Bull Terriers banned in the UK under the Dangerous Dog Act?

Yes these dogs are banned in the UK. Maybe the original poster has been out of the UK too long and talking about something he saw years ago.

Chris

This breed is banned from ownership in the UK, there are constant problems in the USA with children and Postal workers being attacked, and Japan won't let them into the country.

This poor animal never had a chance as a breed because it was bred as a fighting dog.

Their origins come from the Molossi tribe "Officially termed canus molossi (dogs of the Molossi)", but many of what we know as pitbulls now are from the American Pitbull and British Pitbull terrier breeds.

The dogs have a Jekyll & Hyde personality in that they can be very loyal and loving, and for no 'apparent' reason even turn on their owners.

Most people who own the breed do it for the wrong reasons, since it was meant specifically as a hunting and/or fighting breed.

Not a breed to keep around as the family pet...especially with young children in the home and neighborhood.

I pray that the family surviving members mother-in-law, Charoensri Lorlertrat, 53, the victim's daughter, Thaweephan Lorlertrat who was only 20 months, and brother-in-law, Satit Lorlertrat, 33 will not suffer physically or mentally too much from their injuries.... and if it is any consolation the victim Ms. Raksina Techawatanabamrungkij no longer suffers in this life.

A tragic death for someone relatively young at just 37 years old.

A hard lesson of the Buddha's teachings that we should be mindful of all creatures, and be carefully aware at all times.

Edited by DMasut

So many people who post on here that dont know what they are talking about. Have you been in consistent contact with one of this breed to make a fair opinion?? probably not.

Alot like people who post on things about Thais and their Thai culture but cant read or even speak Thai and hold a conversation.

Do you even know how Thais treat their fuc_kin dogs??? Beleive it or not, there are lots of pitties in Thailand and this is the first case I heard of. It could even be a case of Rabies, rampid in Thailand and highly contagious.

But an opinion is like an asshol_e,, everyone has one.

pit_bull_terrier.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-04-05

These dogs have been caged for a period of time, well any caged animal will beocome aggressive over time, they are obviously security dogs, that are used during the night periods so what do you expect.

I have these breeds of dogs along with english bull terriers they are great family dogs we have a couple here in phuket and I have had many back home in Australia, which brings me to another questions why does every other country in the world have big problems with these breeds and home is Aus we very rarely hear anything of this nature about attacks.

Anyhow its horrible what happened to the poor lady.

This breed is banned from ownership in the UK, there are constant problems in the USA with children and Postal workers being attacked, and Japan won't let them into the country.

This poor animal never had a chance as a breed because it was bred as a fighting dog.

Their origins come from the Molossi tribe "Officially termed canus molossi (dogs of the Molossi)", but many of what we know as pitbulls now are from the American Pitbull and British Pitbull terrier breeds.

The dogs have a Jekyll & Hyde personality in that they can be very loyal and loving, and for no 'apparent' reason even turn on their owners.

Most people who own the breed do it for the wrong reasons, since it was meant specifically as a hunting and/or fighting breed.

Not a breed to keep around as the family pet...especially with young children in the home and neighborhood.

I pray that the family surviving members mother-in-law, Charoensri Lorlertrat, 53, the victim's daughter, Thaweephan Lorlertrat who was only 20 months, and brother-in-law, Satit Lorlertrat, 33 will not suffer physically or mentally too much from their injuries.... and if it is any consolation the victim Ms. Raksina Techawatanabamrungkij no longer suffers in this life.

A tragic death for someone relatively young at just 37 years old.

A hard lesson of the Buddha's teachings that we should be mindful of all creatures, and be carefully aware at all times.

So you googled pitbull and thats the best you could come up with........ My aunts had 4 pitbulls and has never had them turn on her.

pit_bull_terrier.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-04-05

These dogs have been caged for a period of time, well any caged animal will beocome aggressive over time, they are obviously security dogs, that are used during the night periods so what do you expect.

I have these breeds of dogs along with english bull terriers they are great family dogs we have a couple here in phuket and I have had many back home in Australia, which brings me to another questions why does every other country in the world have big problems with these breeds and home is Aus we very rarely hear anything of this nature about attacks.

Anyhow its horrible what happened to the poor lady.

Thank you... Someone who knows what they are talking about.

So this is what this is going down to with the dogs here in Thailand too. can we expect less. There are no controll whatsoever

for any kind of dog here. Private ones runs loose, nobody care. Wild ones runs loose, nobody care. Of course I am surpriced, but in

some angle I am not. people just dont care.

But to be fair... from where I am coming from (Sweden), we have the same dam_n problem with this bastard-dogs and bastardowners.

Just their own fightingdog is a really nice one, and should never attack anyone...

I just say.. forbid them, heavy punishment for the owners if not obeying the law, and kill all these dogs

Glegolo

After having owned a fair few breeds of dogs over the years (back home in Oz) I bought a Pit Bull, as after the bad publicity that surround the dog I was interested to try one for myself. The dog was kept on my farm with a number of other breeds & treated well, exactly the same as the others. I have never had a problem with a dog killing livestock or anything before.

Approximately the 18 month period after having no problems with the dog whatsoever it went on a killing spree one morning & killed 2 other dogs, a goat, a sheep & some chickens, all in a matter of minutes. As I approached the dog, calling it in it charged me, at which time I got into my cruiser & sat there as the dog went wild at the side of the vehicle. I ended its day with a 243 round to the head.

I never was there for the start of that killing spree, I have absolutely no idea what set the dog off & I nearly quite possible became one of its victims at the end. I don't need a dog like that, I can't see that anyone does, yes the breed has a bad reputation, a very bad reputation & its not hard to see why. The only good Pit Bull is a dead Pit Bull.

SORRY, BUT THAT BEHAVIOR IS NOT STEREOTYPICAL OF ANY BREED. THE OWNERS AND WHOEVER TRAINED THESE DOGS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE. PERIOD!

Spot on with this comment.

Spot on ?

I have included some other stupid statements like yours.

Pit Bull Kills 5-Year-Old In Weslaco, Texas - cbs11tv.com

Family Pit Bull kills a 7 year old boy,Roswell, GA

A 2-year-old wandered out the back door of his grandmother's brick house Thursday morning in a red T-shirt and underwear and was attacked by his grandmother's pit bull.

A woman died after being bitten in the head and throat by a pit bull that she and her sister were watching for a friend. AIRMONT, N.Y.

Pit Bull Kills Toddler in West Virginia

Huntington police officials will push for a city ordinance to ban ownership of pit bulls within the city limits, following the death of a two-year-old child who had been mauled by a pit bull Tuesday evening.

The owner of a pit bull terrier-type dog that killed a five-year-old girl yesterday had been warned about its behaviour.

Mukamo Philippines

Filipino CommunityHomeForumDirectoryPhotosContact Pet Pit bull kills woman in Marikina City

A pit bull named Cain viciously attacked and killed a woman and hurt her 2-year-old granddaughter in Marikina City.

KILLEEN, Texas -- Killeen police say an eleven-year-old boy has died after being bitten on the neck by his family’s pit bull.

Authorities say the dog jumped from the couch—and went for Seth Lovitt—when the boy was running through his home with his little brother last night.

A man in his 60's has died in Valencia after being attacked by his own pit bull.

It happened at the family home in Benifaió yesterday afternoon in the presence of his wife.

The reason why the dog attacked is not known.

About 1,000 American Pit Bulls are owned legally under the Dangerous Dogs Act in England, according to figures released in September.

South Carolina authorities say they are likely to charge a local mom with negligent homicide charges in connection with the death of her 1-year-old son who died after being mauled by the family’s Pit Bull Monday morning, according to a news article posted on the First Coast News Website.

Some stupid statements from owners of the dogs in the above news postings from around the world.

"I have friends that have pits and they are well behaved and I have never seen them be aggressive"

"We have owned pit bulls for years and nothing like this has ever happened."

"I've never had a problem with my dogs before," Jarrett said.

"Neighbours say the chestnut-coloured dog was normally placid and might have been disturbed by fireworks being set off in the area to mark New Year.

Oh Yea?

"After being warned about the dogs behavior "My pit bull would never hurt a child", "Pit bull kills owner" " The dog attacked as the 77-year-old victim's wife looked on in horror. " I never would have believed he would attack"

So the Thai police too say stupid things!!

From Bangkok Post

"Police suspect the pit bulls were suffering from stress as they had been locked up for too long."

So sorry officer but you are VERY WRONG!

Pit bulls are killers and they like it! It has been proven time after time.

When the ranch I worked on the pit bulls attacked and severed the hand and took out an eye of my friend I took great care in killing all four of them.

And so did one of our rancher friends he had been breeding them for 20 years and he killed the lot after one attacked his wife and put her into a coma. For a reason I do not know these dogs have a taste for blood. They dont kill for food!

Go ahead flame away, but I know these animals and have more than 40 years experience in dealing with all types farm animals cows, horses. and dogs of various breeds.

I am a cowboy a real one, not one you see in the movies

Edited by meelousee

I particularly feel sorry for the little girl - she not only lost her mom, but the adults in the house put her in harm's way.

Interesting, the dad had a gun on hand. However, there's now apparently a loose pit bull in the neighborhood. I thought my neighborhood was bad enough, with each of the seven families on my soi has at least two dogs, and some have four. All the dogs bark at all hours, and a few of the dogs attack people out for a walk or bike ride. One 11 year old girl was knocked off her bike and bitten recently. Any repercussions toward the owner. Are you kidding? this is Thailand, and any and all nuisances are tolerated to the tenth degree.

If I was boss of bosses, I would decree that a family could have no more than one dog. And if they couldn't take proper care of that one animal, the animal would be taken away, forcefully if need be.

Thais need a nationwide network of 'animal shelters' and a nationwide attitude adjustment - toward taking dynamic responsibility for their pets. And free neuter services, and free de-bark surgery coupons for their dogs - all paid for by the gov't.

I resided at a yoga community in CA, of about 250 folks. They banned dogs altogether. The main reason: dogs pack together and cause noise and other problems. Thais think they need dogs for security, but their dogs wind up causing mega problems for all in the vicinity. Has anyone calculated the tonnage of dried pulverized dog feces that goes flying around the average Thai city?

SORRY, BUT THAT BEHAVIOR IS NOT STEREOTYPICAL OF ANY BREED. THE OWNERS AND WHOEVER TRAINED THESE DOGS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE. PERIOD!

Firstly, there is no need to shout.

Second, as a qualified veterinary surgeon also associated with police dog training, I would tell you that there are inherent characteristics in all animals, pitbulls are no exception. Training - good training - is important but that does not mean you can "train out" characteristics that you do not like. Animals are animals, humans are humans.

There were two recent threads on TV: one where some rottweilers were offered for " security" purposes. The usual apologists came out again there though the original poster back tracked slightly when the real facts emerged and comments about how dangerous these dogs can be emerged from a large number of posters.

The second thread tried to condone the commercial practice of visitors cuddling and playing with tiger cubs. The apologists were again saying that these creatures could be trained to be safe, The unfortunate Kiwi victim was carried away by a westerner - the Thai trainer having run off to get help!

I am glad most posters on this thread are taking a more responsible and better thought-out position.