Woman Mauled To Death By 3 Pit Bull Terriers, 3 Wounded

george

a quick but interesting exercise:

pitbull

The fact that it's so hard to tell the various staffs, pitbulls etc apart on that website shows how similar they are.

Lots of hits on Google for Staffordshire Bull Terrier attacks:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7878393.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3018062.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/3351321.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northam...ire/6765321.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/774366.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/2280565.stm

etc

After having owned a fair few breeds of dogs over the years (back home in Oz) I bought a Pit Bull, as after the bad publicity that surround the dog I was interested to try one for myself. The dog was kept on my farm with a number of other breeds & treated well, exactly the same as the others. I have never had a problem with a dog killing livestock or anything before.

Approximately the 18 month period after having no problems with the dog whatsoever it went on a killing spree one morning & killed 2 other dogs, a goat, a sheep & some chickens, all in a matter of minutes. As I approached the dog, calling it in it charged me, at which time I got into my cruiser & sat there as the dog went wild at the side of the vehicle. I ended its day with a 243 round to the head.

I never was there for the start of that killing spree, I have absolutely no idea what set the dog off & I nearly quite possible became one of its victims at the end. I don't need a dog like that, I can't see that anyone does, yes the breed has a bad reputation, a very bad reputation & its not hard to see why. The only good Pit Bull is a dead Pit Bull.

A salutary tale about pitbulls. As for you writing you tried out the breed, well I guess that applies to any dog owner, since anyone who owns a dog for the first time or a breed they haven't owned before is effectively 'trying it out'. So not quite sure why you were taken to task for it. Thanks for posting.

Why THANKYOU Merck. The reason I am being taken to task is quite simple, we are dealing with some truely moronic imbociles like farangcraving who has absolutely no decent arguement in relation to this very dangerous breed of dog, so he has chosen to attack my character instead, they have done this by either twisting my words or adding information that I simply did NOT supply. You are 100% correct though, people all around the world try out different breeds of dogs, everyday.

Any domestic animal that requires such extreme levels of training & control to STOP IT from becoming a DEADLY PSYCOPATHIC KILLER, has no place in any decent society.

Farangcravings your above post is pathetic, the property has been in my family for decades, any time you want to see a real decent working dog let me know & I will organise a tour for you, if you keep your big mouth shut for a few minutes, you might learn something, but I doubt you can do that.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Msfigure on the new pups. Your're right, that boxer doesn't look anything like your new dogo pups :D .

:D Thanks - Bella (official name Dalila Del Orejano) is 5 and half months and Casper (aka Irving De Cueva De Las Mucheres) is 9 weeks.

It's pretty funny in that I have two of the breeds shown on that "mistaken for pitbulls" page and my 5 yo daughter picked out our two breeds immediately.

Don't worry, if I had a $$$ for evert time someone asked if my dogs were PitBulls, I'd be a millionaire :o

a quick but interesting exercise:

pitbull

The fact that it's so hard to tell the various staffs, pitbulls etc apart on that website shows how similar they are.

Lots of hits on Google for Staffordshire Bull Terrier attacks:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7878393.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3018062.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/3351321.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/northam...ire/6765321.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/774366.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/2280565.stm

etc

After having owned a fair few breeds of dogs over the years (back home in Oz) I bought a Pit Bull, as after the bad publicity that surround the dog I was interested to try one for myself. The dog was kept on my farm with a number of other breeds & treated well, exactly the same as the others. I have never had a problem with a dog killing livestock or anything before.

Approximately the 18 month period after having no problems with the dog whatsoever it went on a killing spree one morning & killed 2 other dogs, a goat, a sheep & some chickens, all in a matter of minutes. As I approached the dog, calling it in it charged me, at which time I got into my cruiser & sat there as the dog went wild at the side of the vehicle. I ended its day with a 243 round to the head.

I never was there for the start of that killing spree, I have absolutely no idea what set the dog off & I nearly quite possible became one of its victims at the end. I don't need a dog like that, I can't see that anyone does, yes the breed has a bad reputation, a very bad reputation & its not hard to see why. The only good Pit Bull is a dead Pit Bull.

A salutary tale about pitbulls. As for you writing you tried out the breed, well I guess that applies to any dog owner, since anyone who owns a dog for the first time or a breed they haven't owned before is effectively 'trying it out'. So not quite sure why you were taken to task for it. Thanks for posting.

Why THANKYOU Merck. The reason I am being taken to task is quite simple, we are dealing with some truely moronic imbociles like farangcraving who has absolutely no decent arguement in relation to this very dangerous breed of dog, so he has chosen to attack my character instead, they have done this by either twisting my words or adding information that I simply did NOT supply. You are 100% correct though, people all around the world try out different breeds of dogs, everyday.

Any domestic animal that requires such extreme levels of training & control to STOP IT from becoming a DEADLY PSYCOPATHIC KILLER, has no place in any decent society.

Farangcravings your above post is pathetic, the property has been in my family for decades, any time you want to see a real decent working dog let me know & I will organise a tour for you, if you keep your big mouth shut for a few minutes, you might learn something, but I doubt you can do that.

:o The pathetic one is you, No twisting of words no adding of anything they were your words verbatim from your profile, but I completely understand that you have made yourself look a real <deleted> and now have to try and do damage control, anyone can check your profile and see YOUR WORDS unless of course you have changed it now but they are still in my posting.

I know you like trying things so Try not to say anything else as your argument is already lost, you will probably fail at that too

One dog per family. If that dog is a nuisance to neighbors, or dangerous, Then take away the dog and fine the owners. Clear strays off to animal shelters, like is done in more civilized parts of the world.

A responsible owner can have a 2nd dog if he/she gets a special permit.

Ok, could never happen, but it's not far removed from what many people want to see happen: namely: less unnecessary noise, dog poop, and maulings. Dog owners don't know or don't care whether their dogs' noise adversely impacts on others nearby. Selfishness personified. If I had any pets or domestic animals (I don't), you can bet I'd be concerned about not annoying neighbors. Same reason I don't have open sewers on my properties and I don't burn plastic and I don't toss my garbage all over the place.

Luckily for me, I've secured a few properties in Thailand, and I'm able to move to the most secluded one - in order to get away from horrible dog barking that has woken me up every night for the past 5 months (between 3 and 4 a.m., without fail). Even at my most secluded parcel, dog barking can be heard from two different directions, but it's the comparatively most quiet parcel of the bunch. Now I have to build a house there - no small expense. The main reason: trying to get some relative quiet - a nearly impossible task in Thailand. .....oh, and the ubiquitous (and very loud) village public announcements and Wat P.A. sermons, but that's another lament for another day.

One dog per family. If that dog is a nuisance to neighbors, or dangerous, Then take away the dog and fine the owners. Clear strays off to animal shelters, like is done in more civilized parts of the world.

A responsible owner can have a 2nd dog if he/she gets a special permit.

Ok, could never happen, but it's not far removed from what many people want to see happen: namely: less unnecessary noise, dog poop, and maulings. Dog owners don't know or don't care whether their dogs' noise adversely impacts on others nearby. Selfishness personified. If I had any pets or domestic animals (I don't), you can bet I'd be concerned about not annoying neighbors. Same reason I don't have open sewers on my properties and I don't burn plastic and I don't toss my garbage all over the place.

Luckily for me, I've secured a few properties in Thailand, and I'm able to move to the most secluded one - in order to get away from horrible dog barking that has woken me up every night for the past 5 months (between 3 and 4 a.m., without fail). Even at my most secluded parcel, dog barking can be heard from two different directions, but it's the comparatively most quiet parcel of the bunch. Now I have to build a house there - no small expense. The main reason: trying to get some relative quiet - a nearly impossible task in Thailand. .....oh, and the ubiquitous (and very loud) village public announcements and Wat P.A. sermons, but that's another lament for another day.

whatever :o

The only problem with having dogs is that 1 is never enough. We have 2 in house at the moment, our male will arrive in the next month from Thailand and we should have another pup due in July.... if I had my way I'd have more, but 4 will do for now :D

The only problem with having dogs is that 1 is never enough. We have 2 in house at the moment, our male will arrive in the next month from Thailand and we should have another pup due in July.... if I had my way I'd have more, but 4 will do for now :D

So you'll have four dogs, and more on the way. You're probably a farang, and therefore probably a somewhat responsible pet owner, though are you ready to give away litter loads of pups once or twice a year? And the folks who take your darling puppies will likely be Thais, and they'll do variations of;

>>> take their dog(s) to a far off country soi to abandon them when they're no longer cute pups. BTW, this happens on nearly a daily basis at my rural soi. I estimate at least 200 dogs are dropped off/abandoned every year - just on my one little road. I see new miserable dogs every time I drive home at night.

>>> the folks who take your pups will likely let them bark at all hours and cause other problems for neighbors.

You can deny that any of your cutest-in-the-world pups could ever be big problems for others, but I've seen the patterns, and most dogs in Thailand wind up being trouble, no matter how cute they start off.

whoa, I just reread MsFigure's post and realize she's getting a dog from Thailand, so she must be somewhere outside of Thailand. Oh well, the factiods in my post still apply in a general sense.

Edited by brahmburgers

SORRY, BUT THAT BEHAVIOR IS NOT STEREOTYPICAL OF ANY BREED. THE OWNERS AND WHOEVER TRAINED THESE DOGS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE. PERIOD!

you do not know what you are talking about my friend, take it from me and i have breed these dogs, along with bull dogs, english bull terriers and sharpei, in fact it was my buiness for over 10 years, pit bulls are breed to do a task, just as collie dogs are breed to heard sheep, these are breed with one aim, there probably very closely breed as well, and really no longer have any place in society today, THEY ARE a fighting dog , simple as that, i doudt any training would change there mind set.

So you'll have four dogs, and more on the way. You're probably a farang, and therefore probably a somewhat responsible pet owner, though are you ready to give away litter loads of pups once or twice a year? And the folks who take your darling puppies will likely be Thais, and they'll do variations of;

>>> take their dog(s) to a far off country soi to abandon them when they're no longer cute pups. BTW, this happens on nearly a daily basis at my rural soi. I estimate at least 200 dogs are dropped off/abandoned every year - just on my one little road. I see new miserable dogs every time I drive home at night.

>>> the folks who take your pups will likely let them bark at all hours and cause other problems for neighbors.

You can deny that any of your cutest-in-the-world pups could ever be big problems for others, but I've seen the patterns, and most dogs in Thailand wind up being trouble, no matter how cute they start off.

whoa, I just reread MsFigure's post and realize she's getting a dog from Thailand, so she must be somewhere outside of Thailand. Oh well, the factiods in my post still apply in a general sense.

Yes I am a farang and The "dog" that I'm getting from Thailand that you refer to, is in fact our 7 and half year old male that we've had since before our daughter was born (and the one getting a kiss from her in my avatar). Unlike most people who have pets but abandon them when they decide to travel/move countries - our boy will be with us shortly once again, and is being taken cared by close friends who love him as much as we do until his EU Pet passport and other docs are ready. My husband will then fly back to thailand and bring him back to us and his new home. :D

As for puppies, who said anything about me breeding?

I've owned dogs all my adult life and never once had any of our females get pregnant. AND one day if we did decide to breed, believe me when I say that not just anyone can own one... Dogs from top lines don't come cheap and are usually reserved or sold before they are even born. Also unless someone already has experience with the breed or similar molosser breeds or have a proper home environment, they don't stand a chance of getting one of our dogs (in the event that we decide to breed that is :D )!

BTW you don't need to tell me about thais attitude towards dogs and how they are always abandoned! We lived next to the wat at Mabprachan so know only too well how bad things are.

Edited by MsFigure