Logo Design

Beanster1

Does anybody know somewhere in Chiang Mai that does professional quality logo design?

I've had one done before at a place on the lower ground floor in Airport Plaza, but it was so so. I'd like to find somewhere better if I can!!

Many Thanks in advance,

Beanster1

:o

Beanster1,

I work with a Thai partner in a small, young design firm and we are currently doing some branding and logo projects. While we are primarily an architecture firm, we are now designing a logo/branding strategy for a coffee company. We also have a relationship with a local signage company to perform all design services related to their event signage. Some of that work has been very high profile.

If you are interested, I could meet with you to discuss our work and your needs. You can contact me here or call me at 01-033-9784

thenewguy

I can recommend the guys who did the logo design for my wife's business. (Also did business card/letter head, interior design and outside sign-design).

* Potential conflict of interest on my part: My dog is related to their dog, so they may count as family. Take my recommendation for what it's worth. :o *

But I wouldn't recommend them if I wasn't happy with their work, punctuality and most of all how they're able to explain *why* some ideas I had were bad from a graphic design point of view, or why they chose certain patterns/layouts/fonts/colours/etc.

Their office is completely impossible to find, so better if you email and let them come see you. Email: [email protected] and [email protected]

Cheers,

Chanchao

Thanks a lot Chanchao and Thenewguy.

I'm actually getting ahead of myself a bit. The logo will be for a website, but I'm still trying to come up with a good name that hasn't been taken and will help in the search engines.

All the good domain names have already gone.

Once I've go my act together, I'll get in touch.

Cheers

Beanster1

:o

> All the good domain names have already gone.

You could go for a .co.th domain. You'd have to register a trade mark (and perhaps other things) to apply at thainic though.

Or you'd have to add a word either before or after. Some words can be appended to pretty much anything and still sound catchy. :o Words like 'group' 'factory' 'shop' 'net' 'mall' 'market' 'dome' 'place' etc, etc.. Especially words like 'factory', and others, it'll sound catchy no matter what noun you append it to. :D Or in front, words like 'hot', 'cool', 'mega', etc.

Another thing to keep in mind: The biggest domains out on the internet don't mean anything at all! What does 'yahoo' mean? 'google'? 'lycos'? E-Bay is E-Bay, not 'auction.com'. So.. in the end I'm not sure it matters that much. Just don't make the domain too long. Like 'thailandretirementhome.com' is too long. :D Your domain name really is just a name, it's not a mission statement.

Cheers,

Chanchao