Thai Visa Songkran Photography Competition

Kan Win

Sorry I don't get your point, if indeed you have one.

dumb AND crippled. sorry about your misfortune.

my point was obvious if u were intelligent - just wondered why you posted an entire set of one little street many hours after any action took place when BKK was a warzone for days. thanks for the answer - you couldn't do any better.

there was plenty of negativity and sarcasm in your response. the spirit of your reply was much more negative than my simple joke of a comment about your photos.

i dont really give a sh!t about your personal life or problems. u wasted our time with pointless photos so i posted a lol comment about them. it was in good spirits so stop crying and tell your super hot teen wife to get you another beer.

yes i spend 60-80 hours a week on my PC, most of which are billable (including this one). my Thai wife is very happy with our lifestyle and she doesn't have to change my diapers for me.

Last ones....

Yesterday's festivities in Huay Kaew Road, Chiang Mai mark the end of Sonkran for another year. I hope.

Impressive second shot, set up by the first. Whoh. That's a lot of people crowded into a small space.

To bad the pictures themselves aren't good enough to back up your quasi intellectual rant lordsux and if there is any blame going anywhere when it comes to disguising "real Thailand" I think we all know where it's going.

Anyhow, I will post pictures when I get back home in a couple of days. Where I am now, 3 hours north of Bangkok, songkran has been exactly the same as every other year. Drunk people, singing, dancing and so on.

To bad the pictures themselves aren't good enough to back up your quasi intellectual rant lordsux and if there is any blame going anywhere when it comes to disguising "real Thailand" I think we all know where it's going.

Anyhow, I will post pictures when I get back home in a couple of days. Where I am now, 3 hours north of Bangkok, songkran has been exactly the same as every other year. Drunk people, singing, dancing and so on.

I agree with you, my images could have been a lot better, I don't state otherwise. Venturing out 10 minutes earlier and anytime prior to that would have certainly produced better shots, the chances of getting shot were also a lot higher I prefer leaving that stuff to the likes of Dan Rivers and co. they get paid for it.

'Real Thailand'? The term was is fact 'Real Songkran' and I posted a firsthand account with my 'snapshots' of events in Bangkok as I saw them. It was very real indeed for me and many others and a life experience that I will not forget.

Sorry for sharing :o

To put the record straight and contrary to that nice guy 'varhack' beliefs: The images were shot at Soi Rajaprarop / Pratunam junction where some of the most intense disturbances took place all day. The 'Reds' had only moments earlier retreated to GH. I am neither dumb or a cripple, my wife is not a teenager and I do not wear diapers.

Maybe for the sake of this thread and competition an admin can clean it up by removing all posts that do not contribute to the competition? Take my submission as well if you feel that it's not suitable for the Songkran competition. It was not posted to win anything!

Hi Folks,

Thank you very much for taking part in our "Thai Visa Songkran Photography Competition".

Plenty more time to submit your photos.

In Kan last day tomorrow for me, Pattaya should be around after that and the finale Samut Prakan Province - Central Thailand,

around April 19 - 25 April.

I did mention that it is a 'special time of the year here in Thailand' should have said 'Bangkok' as per 'lordsux' photo post, really wild :o

Couple of mine from yesterday and more to follow next week

Double or triple whamming,

post-3770-1239882635_thumb.jpg

Just a gentle drop

post-3770-1239882824_thumb.jpg

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Yesterday's festivities in Huay Kaew Road, Chiang Mai mark the end of Sonkran for another year. I hope.

Greenside, Great photos as usual! But the festivities did not end yesterday..... We took our mountain bikes to Op Khan Falls National Park today and got drenched going out and coming back around all the small settlements. Felt good in the heat of the day. A great time and the kids would come and fill our pails up too. Some of the kids said they would be throwing water through Friday. Op Khan Falls might be a good photo op as there were thousands in the river there today. I would expect it would be just as busy on Friday.

Thanks all for posting some quality photos.

There is still time to post your photos in this competition.

A few from Kanchanaburi this year:-

The Town was full

medium.jpg

Got you both

medium.jpg

Hello Boys

medium.jpg

Jeezz Kan nee see

medium.jpg

Singha bucket

medium.jpg

Down your back