BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
astral

Good Places To Eat In Chiang Mai

SECRET PLACE...can't remember name... *******

go along the road following the river on the west side going north from US embassy. Cross at the lights and keep following north . A few hundred yards before the superhighway there's a row of shophouses on the right. Drive into the central entrance and you'll see a row of dwellings attached behind. ALmost opposite is a quiet little very low key fish eaterie with tables on the river. Try it.

Dtai Ton Ma Feung (under the Starfruit tree)

Don't let the simple surroundings fool you.

Excellent seafood dishes. Open in the evenings and I think at lunchtime.

Enjoy!!! :o

Been going up and down that street for an hour os so; cannot find it. Am going past the fruit and vegs market, cross the light, that is the street of rama 9 bridge. Go past the Cowboy restaurant. Am going on and on and when I see the Super highway still have not seen anything. Am I what, stupid? can even read Thai, but nothing. Anybody can help?

just had the best Korean I've eaten in years at the new place on the top floor of Airport Plaza.

Heartily reccommended.

SECRET PLACE...can't remember name... *******

go along the road following the river on the west side going north from US embassy. Cross at the lights and keep following north . A few hundred yards before the superhighway there's a row of shophouses on the right. Drive into the central entrance and you'll see a row of dwellings attached behind. ALmost opposite is a quiet little very low key fish eaterie with tables on the river. Try it.

Dtai Ton Ma Feung (under the Starfruit tree)

Don't let the simple surroundings fool you.

Excellent seafood dishes. Open in the evenings and I think at lunchtime.

Enjoy!!! :o

Been going up and down that street for an hour os so; cannot find it. Am going past the fruit and vegs market, cross the light, that is the street of rama 9 bridge. Go past the Cowboy restaurant. Am going on and on and when I see the Super highway still have not seen anything. Am I what, stupid? can even read Thai, but nothing. Anybody can help?

I'm not sure how to add to the directions....it's the only longish row of shophouses between teh road and river. It has a row on the road with a central entrance and a row behind facing you. It's right opposite the entrance....VERY low key advertising like one small board, and you must go in the entrance to see. The restaurant backs onto teh river, making it very pleasant.

Edited by sleepyjohn

One of my favourite places to eat is the Salsa Kitchen. They have great Mexican food, my favourite is the Smoked BBQ Ribs, they are excellent.

It's off Ratchviti Road, on that area with all the bars, opposite the Rasta Bar.

just had the best Korean I've eaten in years at the new place on the top floor of Airport Plaza.

Heartily reccommended.

Is this place by chance called Daidomon? Anyway, Daidomon is my favorite of the BBQ-at-your-table style places in CM. The meat is top quality and they marinate it in various yummy ways; the sauces also rock. Best thing is the BBQ kit uses real charcoal (inside the mall :o ) and cooks the food very fast.

The place looks a little cheesy from the outside, but the food, and price, are very good.

Heartily reccommended.

Is this place by chance called Daidomon? Anyway, Daidomon is my favorite of the BBQ-at-your-table style places in CM. The meat is top quality and they marinate it in various yummy ways; the sauces also rock. Best thing is the BBQ kit uses real charcoal (inside the mall :D ) and cooks the food very fast.

The place looks a little cheesy from the outside, but the food, and price, are very good.

Heartily reccommended.

Is this place by chance called Daidomon? Anyway, Daidomon is my favorite of the BBQ-at-your-table style places in CM. The meat is top quality and they marinate it in various yummy ways; the sauces also rock. Best thing is the BBQ kit uses real charcoal (inside the mall :o ) and cooks the food very fast.

No.

It is a recently opened Korean restaurant opposite Daidomon. Food compares well with Arirang in Chiangmai Land but side dishes a bit sparser. My addiction, bibimbap is good at both places although different at each.

post-11672-1138619691_thumb.jpg

thanks dustoff and chuchok---i hope to try them both out this week.

chuchok, could i bother you for more specific directions...i don't know where the road to bantawai is.

If going from CM along the CM-Hang Dong road...when you get to the Traffic lights in Hang Dong, hang a left and it is 1 km on your left. (just before a well marked building called "Crossroads Asia")

Chicken and cashew at the Secret Garden today. :o

Heartily reccommended.

OK, based on your recommendation, I ate this place today and I must agree it is excellent. I usually eat Korean at the place opposite Empress and it's good. But, the place at Airport Plaza is much better. All the Kimchees were great, as were the soup and bbq moo. Price was a little on the high side, but given the clean and air condition surroundings, it was good value.

hi guys,

cant help but mention my opnions on good places to eat here in CM. I love going to MS Suki on the superhighway just before you turn left into the Chiangmai Land. Its next to Ban Maa & Meow Animal Hosp. It looks expensive but its not. The servings are awesome. Try the cashew nut chicken, you'd be amazed on the amount of cashew nuts thrown in. I also enjoy their pork popias(spring rolls).

Another good place the Andaman Seafood. The owner is from Phuket, hence the name but I really enjoy the seafood preparations. Its just before Central Airport Plaza heading coming in from Mahidol Rd. You pass by Chiangmai Land on your right. Go on straight, keep left and just before the overhead bridge going to airport and town, there is a whole new seafood centre there. i truly enjoyed their curry style crabs.

Thanks for that post!! I live the Chinese place next to CHiang Mai land as well.

DInd't know about the new Andaman seafood place, will definitely give it a try soon!

Speaking of seafood, did anyone try the place on the Canal Road just South of the Suthep Road intersection (Ping Payom market). It's on the canal road, on the left when driving on the canal road towards the SUthep road intersection.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Speaking of seafood, did anyone try the place on the Canal Road just South of the Suthep Road intersection (Ping Payom market). It's on the canal road, on the left when driving on the canal road towards the SUthep road intersection.

Nope havent been there. Not very familiar with that part of town though although been in CM long time.

I did happen to stop behind a tuk-tuk with the advert of a restaurant called Singapore Street? Now, I am definately a fan of singaporean and malaysian food. Anyone been there or heard of it???

Its time we had one of these kinds of restaurants.

Has anybody been to the Pirates Cove? It used to be Willys Wine bar but I think an American took it over.

Thanks for that post!! I live the Chinese place next to CHiang Mai land as well.

DInd't know about the new Andaman seafood place, will definitely give it a try soon!

Cheers,

Chanchao

What's the difference between Ping Payom and Ton Payom market?