BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
astral

Good Places To Eat In Chiang Mai

I bought Willy's Wine Bar last December, and opened Pirates Cove in March. Great Thai and western(american style wings ect.) food. Thai food served Falang size. My name is Kevin an My wife is Robbin. We are americans. Best burger in Chiang Mai!!! Stop by for Happy Hour!!

I bought Willy's Wine Bar last December, and opened Pirates Cove in March. Great Thai and western(american style wings ect.) food. Thai food served Falang size. My name is Kevin an My wife is Robbin. We are americans. Best burger in Chiang Mai!!! Stop by for Happy Hour!!

Yet another "Best Burger in Chiang Mai" :o

I'll wager on that!! If it isn't the best, it's on me!!! :D

Was out Ban Twai /Hang Dong for quite a few days last week.Had lunch at The Secret Garden three times.

The Ginger Pork Curry was just bloody b-e-a-utiful. :o

Shame about the host though. :D

I'll wager on that!! If it isn't the best, it's on me!!! :D

hi mr. pirate, (aka Kevin), would u be kind enough in letting us (me) know where this place is? and also what time is happy hour??? or more precisely whats available during happy hours? (normally referred to drinks and beer but buy one burger get another one free?

:D .. really would like to know where u are at. someone mentioned irrigation canal area, but i hardly go around there. so perhaps a small description would help. thanks. hope to see the Pirates of the Carribean theme in your restaurant.

where abouts is your place kevin.Will give it a go! :o

Kevin,

Do you have a website up yet and where are you from in the states?

I like The Laughing Leprechaun Irish pub near The Cozy Corner Bar and Da Stephanos Italian food near Thapae Gate. Good quality and not too expensive.

Stephanos tender, fillet mignon Argentinean steak with potatoes and veggies is only 280 baht and probably the best in town for the price! :o

I like The Laughing Leprechaun Irish pub near The Cozy Corner Bar and Da Stephanos Italian food near Thapae Gate. Good quality and not too expensive.

Stephanos tender, fillet mignon Argentinean steak with potatoes and veggies is only 280 baht and probably the best in town for the price! :o

Argentinean steak..really!! do they give you a decent serving....and I don't mean veges...just the meat (as the Actress said to the Bishop :D )

This is a nice time to go to the Mae Kuang dam. For the first time in my memory, the resevoir is overflowing down its spillway -- and they have the gate open at the top of the dam so you can drive to the *top* of the spillway, thus being able to view the waterfall from both top and bottom; plus a nice clear view of the mountains and resevoir, as the seasonal burning has not yet begun to obscure things.

But anyway, this section is about restaurants. So on your way to Mae Kuang on route 118 to Chiang Rai, turn left about half a mile past the Doi Saket exit -- it's the exit to Tao Gardens (and easy to miss, so if you begin to go uphill, you've missed it). The country road meanders along a waterway for several clicks, then passes an abandoned PTT gas station. Just around the left hand curve -- on your left hand side -- is Sorn's Cafe. A blackboard with his specialties marks the footbridge to his very-nicely adorned eatery. Plenty of parking on the roadside.

Nice menu -- Western and Thai. Sorn is Thai, but lived in San Francisco for a few decades, plus went to school in England prior to that. So, his input to his restaurant doesn't have the boring sameness that seems to hit many of the other eateries in the CM area.

But anyway, if you're out for a drive, the Mae Kuang dam and Sorn's Cafe make for a nice afternoon combination. (Ask Sorn how to get to the spillway if you're unsure.)

Oh, Sorn's is closed on Mondays, and, I believe, from 2 to 4 pm.

I've done the dam and Sorn's myself a few times. Very difficult to give directions but if you cut across from Sansai to the dam rather than go the DoiSaket Rd. you'll travel through some very beautiful countryside: paddy, villages and mountain views.

Between the dam and Sorn's is a nice little Thai massage place within the local government health compound. A platform over a small lake, very relaxing late afternoon if you've just had a feed. 100 baht/hour.

Argentinean steak..really!! do they give you a decent serving....and I don't mean veges...just the meat (as the Actress said to the Bishop :D )

It's not huge, but it is a decent sized portion wrapped in bacon; filet mignon is never very big.

All I can say is that it is tasty as well as nice and tender and I always feel perfectly satisfied with the portion and I'm a pretty big eater.

It's not huge, but it is a decent sized portion wrapped in bacon; filet mignon is never very big.

All I can say is that it is tasty as well as nice and tender and I always feel perfectly satisfied with the portion and I'm a pretty big eater.

Try the Angus SteaK House in Albert street, Auckland.They serve a Fillet Mignon the size of two of my clenched hands..not small George, but neither are we Kiwis. :o

I'll give Da Stephanos a shot.Probably when the wifes away, as she eats like a horse. :D

"where abouts is your place kevin.Will give it a go! :o"

"hi mr. pirate, (aka Kevin), would u be kind enough in letting us (me) know where this place is? and also what time is happy hour??? or more precisely whats available during happy hours? (normally referred to drinks and beer but buy one burger get another one free?

.. really would like to know where u are at. someone mentioned irrigation canal area, but i hardly go around there. so perhaps a small description would help. thanks. hope to see the Pirates of the Carribean theme in your restaurant"

"Do you have a website up yet and where are you from in the states?"

Hey Kevin,

As a new business, it would be a good idea to reply when someone asks for more information, especially, how to get to your place. Chances of surviving and making a living at what you are doing are slim at best, so I would jump at every opportunity that might get another customer to come thru your doors.