BANGKOK 21 March 2019 04:08
Sign in to follow this  
bina

Dog Shows In Thailand

Hi mangotogo

I see that you own a whippet.Have you given it a hand slip behind a drag hare?I ask this because my dog is a mongrel but whose father was a Thai Ridgeback.She's 18 months old so,being a greyhound racing fan back in England,I thought I would try her behind the 'drag' in my back garden.She

took to it straight away!Do you know of any racing clubs in Thailand?(Sorry for the break).

Hi mangotogo

I see that you own a whippet.Have you given it a hand slip behind a drag hare?I ask this because my dog is a mongrel but whose father was a Thai Ridgeback.She's 18 months old so,being a greyhound racing fan back in England,I thought I would try her behind the 'drag' in my back garden.She

Hi,

I don't think there is any such facilities here. I live in Thonglor...My only straight is a small dead end street where i walk the dog. She gets to run after some cats but is weary....tought Tom cats. She has some good burn outs! Keeps the nails short.

As far as greyhounds: I know of some pet ones around but no racing exists at my knowledge. A veterinarian near jatujak has some she brought back form Melbourne. The others are old ones from Spain and a young one form Italy.

Hounds are very poorly represented at the shows. They were popular 10 years ago i am told. Too bad as they are well suited for the climate.

This weekend Aug 8-9 the dog shows are at Central Bangna.

Free entry to watch.

Thai ridgebacks usually good competitions.

International judges.

Hi mangotogo

Hi,

I don't think there is any such facilities here. I live in Thonglor...My only straight is a small dead end street where i walk the dog. She gets to run after some cats but is weary....tought Tom cats. She has some good burn outs! Keeps the nails short.

As far as greyhounds: I know of some pet ones around but no racing exists at my knowledge. A veterinarian near jatujak has some she brought back form Melbourne. The others are old ones from Spain and a young one form Italy.

Hounds are very poorly represented at the shows. They were popular 10 years ago i am told. Too bad as they are well suited for the climate.

This weekend Aug 8-9 the dog shows are at Central Bangna.

Free entry to watch.

International judges.

I think the answer is for me to go to one of these dog shows and talk to some people.Maybe I can drum up some support to organise a racing club,no gambling allowed ofcourse.

I live in Kamphaeng Phet where there is plenty of space to pull a drag hare behind a bicycle wheel!Iwas really surprised when my dog chased it because the drag was just a piece of old rag.She looked like she really enjoyed it and wouldn't let go of it.

Hi mangotogo

Hi,

This weekend Aug 8-9 the dog shows are at Central Bangna.Free entry to watch.

International judges.

I think the answer is for me to go to one of these dog shows and talk to some people.Maybe I can drum up some support to organise a racing club,no gambling allowed ofcourse.

I live in Kamphaeng Phet where there is plenty of space to pull a drag hare behind a bicycle wheel!Iwas really surprised when my dog chased it because the drag was just a piece of old rag.She looked like she really enjoyed it and wouldn't let go of it.

It is worth a try. You could hold different breed races instead of sighthound racing. Lots of huskies. Sometimes there is also some obedience people that also show but not very often. Space is a problem in town!

Hi , today and tomorrow at Pantip Plaza NgamWongwan ( not the Pantip in the city).

Then August 8-9 at Central Bangna.

There are some bull terriers shown but no Dogo Argentino.

Choose carefully.

PANTIP PET EXPO&NATIONAL DOG SHOW

SHETLAND SHEEPDOG CLUB

ขอเชิญชมและร่วมส่งสุนัขเข้าประกวดในงาน

วันเสาร์ที่ 22-23 สิงหาคม 2552 ( 22-23 Aug, 2009 ) . ห้างพันธุ์ทิพย์พลาซ่า สาขา งามวงศ์วาน ชั้น 8

3 All Breed Championship , Group 5,8,9 Specialty and Beagle Specialty

JUDGE 1. Mr. Aramis Lim Jnr (Australia ) JUDGE 2. Mr.Daniel Kwee ( Indonesia )

JUDGE 3. Mr. Simon Sim ( Philippienes ) JUDGE 4. Mr. Milo Valdes ( Philippienes )

จัดงานประกวดโดย Shetland Sheepdog Club Of Thailand

At Pantip Plaza NgamWongwan ( not the Pantip near Central World)

Hi,

I couldn't make it to the past dog-shows you guys recommanded. So I try to look ahead and find out what are the upcoming dog shows in September or even October.

I am interested in shows where I can be sure to see Bull Terriers and Mini Bull Terriers and eventually get some breeders contacts. Also eventually Dogo Argentino if some are shown.

Looking into Bangkok events, but also Chang Mai if any, since we plan to make a stop over there (there seem to be a very good EBT breeder in Chiang Mai).

Does any one have info on upcomming dog-shows showing those breeds ? Or where could I get a "Bkk Dog Shows Calendar" regrouping all ?

Thanks everybody !

Looking into Bangkok events, but also Chang Mai if any, since we plan to make a stop over there (there seem to be a very good EBT breeder in Chiang Mai).

Thanks everybody !

Read this thread about EBT: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/English-Bull...rs-t244941.html

And then pm or email KhunOr: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/KhunOr-m58041.html

I've just heard they have a litter coming up in January. :)

Thanks everybody !

Read this thread about EBT:

And then pm or email KhunOr:

I've just heard they have a litter coming up in January. :D

Did my homework indeed ! Read the EBT link all the way through, and when I was mentioning a "good breeder" in Chiang Mai I was just thinking about the very same Khun Or ... :)

But before going into adoption, I want to make a first trip just to have a look around, a feeling of what to expect, advises. I think dog-shows are a good opportunity. Any ideas ?

This weekend shows are at The Mall NgamWongWan. Saturday September 12 and Sundau September 13: from 11am to 6pm

Thanks for the info. Do you know when which FCI groups are shown?

September 24 25 The Mall Bangkapi

All Breed dog show and specialty classes also FCI show on Septemebr 25 2009

mango, did u mean october? cause september already came and went....

bina

A blond moment!

Yes this weekend the dogshow is at The mall Bangkapi

October 24-25

Sorry for the confusion...

This weekend December 19-20

The Rose Garden

A large outddor Pet show: birds, fish, plants, horses.....lots of activities for the whole family. A nice day out by the river: relax and enjoy some fresh air!

Free entry

International judges

Lots of Pet accessories and pets for sale.