Filipina Groceries In Pattaya

bob4you

We live in Central Pattaya, the GF only has lived here 3 months and does not know where to go shopping for sauces and other ingredients to make Filipino foods. With the number of Filipinos here I would believe there must be Filipino grocery stores or stores with Filipino sections any help appreciated.

post-1290-1239420370_thumb.jpg

Can't help with what you are looking for in Pattaya, but my Filipina girlfriend knows a place in Bangkok which you may or may not be aware of. It is actually a Filipino restaurant (called 'Mabuhay') but stocks ingredients and other Filipino treats. It is on the Petchburi road near Pantip plaza. Go into Soi 19 and look for the 'Four Seasons International hotel' on the right hand side, then immediatley look for a very small soi opposite the hotel on the left hand side. About 10 metres inside this small soi, on the left is Mabuhay restaurant. By the way, there are quite a few Filipinos working around this area who might be able to give you other pointers.

• 1 month later...
We live in Central Pattaya, the GF only has lived here 3 months and does not know where to go shopping for sauces and other ingredients to make Filipino foods. With the number of Filipinos here I would believe there must be Filipino grocery stores or stores with Filipino sections any help appreciated.

I dont see any philippine grocery here in pattaya,as i know in bangkok there is a philippine grocery there in silom..

Can't help with what you are looking for in Pattaya, but my Filipina girlfriend knows a place in Bangkok which you may or may not be aware of. It is actually a Filipino restaurant (called 'Mabuhay') but stocks ingredients and other Filipino treats. It is on the Petchburi road near Pantip plaza. Go into Soi 19 and look for the 'Four Seasons International hotel' on the right hand side, then immediatley look for a very small soi opposite the hotel on the left hand side. About 10 metres inside this small soi, on the left is Mabuhay restaurant. By the way, there are quite a few Filipinos working around this area who might be able to give you other pointers.

How's the quality of the food at the restaurant? Worth the trip?

Try this;

Association of Filipinos in Thailand - Eastern Chapter (AFT-ERC)

For information, call President Malinee Suwansaenee at 086 312 0141.

If no good try Calling Doctor Belen's Clinic, She and some of her staff are Filipinas.

Dr. Belen Clinic, 2nd Road, 038410295-7.