Lg Cookie Mobile Phone

paulfr

Does anyone have this new iPhone like mobile from LG ?

Called the Cookie or KP500.

Sells at around 9000baht I believe.

Anyone have experience to report ??

It is not as functional as the iPhone or Samsung Omnia I am told but

it comes close with all the good features; 3 in touch screen,

camera, miniSDCard, thin design, etc. And the price is reasonable

and affordable.

Comments appreciated.

Edited by paulfr

After my Nokia N73 was stolen, I bought a Cookie two months ago.

I paid THB 9,900 (it's now down to around THB 8,800).

I am very satisfied with it:

Pros:

- Large clear bright screen (You can control the amount of clutter by adding/removing widgets)

- Separate screen for speed dials

- Either write SMS with the stylus or with your finger. Gone with the multi tapping ...although it's still available as an option)

This works actually quite well (if you take some time to learn). Can't say it's faster than multi tapping, but sure a lot more easier. I love it!

- Nice gallery system with thumb slide progress and lots of editing options.

- Loud speaker for listening to music (see my comment in the cons) with good sound quality.

- Fast access to most common functions

- Use it in either landscape or portrait mode (good for internet browning or watches pictures/videos).

- Although it's not an Iphone, it turns heads (especially from bar girls).

- Good access with GPRS/EDge of DTAC. If doesn't have Wifi (but with good Edge coverage, who cares).

Cons:

- If you use it as a music lover, forget about it. All the track of albums are sorted alphabetically not by track number. I haven't found a way to sort it on track number (neither has someone on the net). There is

another view possible which sorts it on track number but in reverse. Perhaps this will be solved by a software update. I guess my 60Gb Ipod is still my #1 music device.

- No flash, do poor quality in the nighttime. Daytime photography is acceptable.

- The browser is not very user friendly and takes time to get accustomed with.

- The phone resets itself from time to time (happened only 5 times in two months, never during a phone call).

That's about it. As said, I like it.

Search Youtube for visual reviews.

Edited by sniffdog

• 3 weeks later...
After my Nokia N73 was stolen, I bought a Cookie two months ago.

I paid THB 9,900 (it's now down to around THB 8,800).

I am very satisfied with it:

Pros:

- Large clear bright screen (You can control the amount of clutter by adding/removing widgets)

- Separate screen for speed dials

- Either write SMS with the stylus or with your finger. Gone with the multi tapping ...although it's still available as an option)

This works actually quite well (if you take some time to learn). Can't say it's faster than multi tapping, but sure a lot more easier. I love it!

- Nice gallery system with thumb slide progress and lots of editing options.

- Loud speaker for listening to music (see my comment in the cons) with good sound quality.

- Fast access to most common functions

- Use it in either landscape or portrait mode (good for internet browning or watches pictures/videos).

- Although it's not an Iphone, it turns heads (especially from bar girls).

- Good access with GPRS/EDge of DTAC. If doesn't have Wifi (but with good Edge coverage, who cares).

Cons:

- If you use it as a music lover, forget about it. All the track of albums are sorted alphabetically not by track number. I haven't found a way to sort it on track number (neither has someone on the net). There is

another view possible which sorts it on track number but in reverse. Perhaps this will be solved by a software update. I guess my 60Gb Ipod is still my #1 music device.

- No flash, do poor quality in the nighttime. Daytime photography is acceptable.

- The browser is not very user friendly and takes time to get accustomed with.

- The phone resets itself from time to time (happened only 5 times in two months, never during a phone call).

That's about it. As said, I like it.

Search Youtube for visual reviews.

how much will it costs in july ?

Do you know that ?

thanks