Info On Trat Penensula?

jaideeguy

I posted on the Thai travel forum with no results yet and then found this 'eastern Thai forum' and it seems more appropriate to post here, so if the mods want to remove my post from the travel forum, please do.

What I'm curious about is the Trat penensula....that long stretch of Thailand that is narrow and borders Cambodia. looks cool on the map and I've googled with not too many results for a quiet, rea$onable priced bungaloos on the beach and wondering what the beach conditions are. Looks like a lot of sunset facing coast with islands in the foreground.

Thinking of doing a self drive trip and want to find out as much as I can before heading 1,000+k from Chiang Mai. Will be traveling with family and would like acomodation under 1,000THB/night.

Any Info appreciated........

I posted on the Thai travel forum with no results yet and then found this 'eastern Thai forum' and it seems more appropriate to post here, so if the mods want to remove my post from the travel forum, please do.

What I'm curious about is the Trat penensula....that long stretch of Thailand that is narrow and borders Cambodia. looks cool on the map and I've googled with not too many results for a quiet, rea$onable priced bungaloos on the beach and wondering what the beach conditions are. Looks like a lot of sunset facing coast with islands in the foreground.

Thinking of doing a self drive trip and want to find out as much as I can before heading 1,000+k from Chiang Mai. Will be traveling with family and would like acomodation under 1,000THB/night.

Any Info appreciated........

I've been down that stretch twice now, there's plenty of Thai run bungalows all along that coast. Prices ranged from 500 to 1500 for my minimum standard of a/c & hot water, etc, IIRC. The one we stayed at was about 15 km this side of Klong Yai, but I can't recall the name (500 bt for a big twin double bedded room). There was plenty of availability all along both times I was there.

I took the g/f's family there the second time and spent an afternoon collecting shellfish in the shallows, which the bungalow owner happily cooked for us (at no charge!). The beach was OK, but a bit silty as you got deeper (good for the clams!), and the sunsets over the islands were stunning. It rained a lot most evenings though.

It's pretty quiet all along that stretch, with many good (and cheap) local style restaurants on the beachs, and good local fruits all along the road. The market at Hat Lek is good with loads of cheap cambodian crap avaiable at very negotiable prices...

Have fun,

S

I like to stay at Baan Pae Cabana nice beach, pool, bungalows- but price is higher than your budget- about 1500.

Another suggestion would be to check out the Laem Mae Phim area. Decent beach, and lots of great restaurants on the beach road. Cheap rooms here - within your budget - can be found at Sin Siam Resort. They have a great pool for you and kids alike!

Don't want to post links - because neither place seems to have their own site. However if you search google for them, you will find lots of agent sites with info and pictures.