State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question! Whose side is the army on? When the "yellows" took over the airport, they let them through. Now they are seen stood allowing the "reds" into the hotel hotel yesterday in Pattaya and today smiling with the "reds" on top of their armoured vehicles. I don't want bloodshed but I thought they are there to do something against the protesters. It is Songkran, water cannon would be ok, or not?

Earlier there were reports that 2 or 3 "reds" had been shot, what is the news about that?

Their brothers and sisters and fighting for Democracy, are the foot solidiers really going to stop them.................

Please stop lying, the reds are not fighting for democracy, they stopped doing that yesterday when they attacked the ASEAN meeting and removed all validity of their movement today when their leaders urged them to kill abhisit and fight the government.

the red shirts are a mob, worse than the PAD who they hate.

The order goes like this: Human>Politician>Mammals>PAD>Pond Scum>UDD

Angry words were said indeed, when the red representative was arrested, but they didn't include 'KILL'. It's okay to have an opinion in these matters, but don't you think the Nation and the Post are giving this show enough spin without contributing more?

Ok, you are right the word kill was not used, but according to the nation (spin or no spin they don't print absolute lies) he did and i'm paraphrasing here, urge people to attack the PM and attack the government. Them are fightin' words to use an american phrase.

I've never agreed with the UDD but i always respected their right to demonstrate to get their way, but their latest actions took them beyond simple protestation to full fledged insurection. The attack on the ASEAN was pushing it, but in then the PAD did sieze the airport. Even though the excuse of "but they did it first" is one of the most childish to use, i thought ok ok, they might still have a point. When they urged the UDD to attack the government, be it in a fit of rage and emotion or not they crossed the line and surpassed the PAD in the depths of thuggery. I now have no more sympathy for them at all and nothing they can say or do except disperse never to be heard from again can chagne that. Somethings you just can't come back from.

But i will apologize for my outburst, just because the reds lost the plot does not mean i can.

Friend in BKK say's 3 killed? 13 injured? this is going to get worse before better - for God's sake - step down!!! let elections come and IF you win Mr PM then fair enough

The Nation is reporting that Abhisit was injured slightly during the Red's storming of the Interior Ministry.

There is no defense for these actions. There is no rationalization for these actions. These protestors must be stopped, and order must be restored. They are not fighting for democracy. They are a mob, and must be dispersed.

I have seen PM Abhisit appear on TV 3 times in the past hour. He is not running or hiding (aka Thakin, Somchai, Etc).  He is leading his country, and I am very proud of him.

Brave indeed, because if he calls new elections he won't be PM again. The courts would have to throw out another 50 or so MPs to give his coalition space to rule. When are you Abhisit nuts going to realize he's just a puppet anyway? Yes, he's got an unblemished record and he speaks well... he has a good education. But why has his party consistently lost major elections to TRT and it's offspring? Because the Thai people know that the big boys in the Democrat party are more corrupt than even old Thaksin the devil. Look it up. There are not politicians in Thailand that aren't scum. There are only those who were elected, and those who were legislated/put in place by court decree.

As long as you are looking down the rationale path... were you a PAD supporter? Do you hate Thaksin so much that you are blind to the evils of the other side? The reds enjoy popular support. The PAD enjoyed support of the paid and the middle class in Bangkok... they never represented the electorate. I knew yellows who protested and got paid and a few who didn't, and all the reds I know that have been protesting have earned nothing. With the local and international media ignoring them, and the local news printing absolute lies about them, it doesn't surprise me that they have turned somewhat violent. Mobs of any color have violent tendencies. Lets hope the reds continue to show as much restraint as they have. Let's hope Abhisit has the sense to call new elections, because it's clear he cannot enforce the rule of law on the reds... he didn't even try with the yellows (suspect, don't you think? nevermind that Sonthi gave a press conference early in the administration stating explicitly that Abhisit couldn't touch him because he was "made" by the PAD)

Ladies and Gentlemen, your spouse or significant other is not a source that should be posted on TV, unless they are in the Military High Command, the Cabinet, or a member of Parliament.

I would have thought that in the majority of cases peoples spouses or significant others would be Thai and therefore have a better understanding of what is actually happenning than a lot of posters on here who seem to be arguing over the minutae of the law or demanding a heavy handed crackdown.

Friend in BKK say's 3 killed? 13 injured? this is going to get worse before better - for God's sake - step down!!! let elections come and IF you win Mr PM then fair enough

Its easy to say just step down. But if he simply steps down, then say he returned to power after an election, the cycle begins again and red shirts are on the streets again demanding he be removed. They will come up with any cause they can think of to justify this action.

Thaksin Says He's On The Way (hope he gets busted at Swampy!)

Thaksin makes phone-in, calling more to join rallies. Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone-in to the rally at the Government House at 6:30 pm, calling more people to join anti-government rallies in Bangkok. He said it was the "golden time" now for the protesters to rise up against the government after soldiers were deployed to Bangkok streets.

He said he was ready to move into Thailand to lead the people's uprising.

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...-to-join-rallie

The Nation is reporting that Abhisit was injured slightly during the Red's storming of the Interior Ministry.

There is no defense for these actions. There is no rationalization for these actions. These protestors must be stopped, and order must be restored. They are not fighting for democracy. They are a mob, and must be dispersed.

I have seen PM Abhisit appear on TV 3 times in the past hour. He is not running or hiding (aka Thakin, Somchai, Etc).  He is leading his country, and I am very proud of him.

Brave indeed, because if he calls new elections he won't be PM again. The courts would have to throw out another 50 or so MPs to give his coalition space to rule. When are you Abhisit nuts going to realize he's just a puppet anyway? Yes, he's got an unblemished record and he speaks well... he has a good education. But why has his party consistently lost major elections to TRT and it's offspring? Because the Thai people know that the big boys in the Democrat party are more corrupt than even old Thaksin the devil. Look it up. There are not politicians in Thailand that aren't scum. There are only those who were elected, and those who were legislated/put in place by court decree.

As long as you are looking down the rationale path... were you a PAD supporter? Do you hate Thaksin so much that you are blind to the evils of the other side? The reds enjoy popular support. The PAD enjoyed support of the paid and the middle class in Bangkok... they never represented the electorate. I knew yellows who protested and got paid and a few who didn't, and all the reds I know that have been protesting have earned nothing. With the local and international media ignoring them, and the local news printing absolute lies about them, it doesn't surprise me that they have turned somewhat violent. Mobs of any color have violent tendencies. Lets hope the reds continue to show as much restraint as they have. Let's hope Abhisit has the sense to call new elections, because it's clear he cannot enforce the rule of law on the reds... he didn't even try with the yellows (suspect, don't you think? nevermind that Sonthi gave a press conference early in the administration stating explicitly that Abhisit couldn't touch him because he was "made" by the PAD)

Yes, the severe beating of that driver was certainly "restrained" :o ...

Thaksin makes phone-in, calling more to join rallies

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone-in to the rally at the Government House at 6:30 pm, calling more people to join anti-government rallies in Bangkok.

He said it was the "golden time" now for the protesters to rise up against the government after soldiers were deployed to Bangkok streets.

The Nation

end quote

I think this is called revolution or coup???

are there any thai people on this forum that can explain how a govt. can be so weak so as not to be able to control demonstrators?

Its difficult for us farang to comprehend why nothing is being done..............someone please explain.

Its very easy to understand. he don't want blood on the streets. should respect him for his restrain.

At the end he will be the winner and will have all respect as well at home and abroad.

This is getting very interesting now.

I am informed a brother and sister are being sent to Khon Kaen tomorrow.

Mum in honey, brother and sister now united in rose.

And yet the dumb farangs on here still have no clue what the real underlying battle is, and why its so.

That alliance sounds a little unlikely.

Sorry if you made a mistake, I was not talking of any specific family :o , just how this can split families down the middle :D

Via a regular tv station, I saw a group of reds on the tank. They took control of one tank now.

Are you very proud about the fact that a Bhuddist monk act like a hooligan hitting a car,

shame on him!!!!!

CNN just reported that red shirt lost all credibility and they respect Abhisit for his restrain, not step in the trap your terrorist organisation is set up for him.

They also report that its only a few thousand reds are cousing the problems and that there is not support from the Thai public for those actions.

Luck you have an PM like Abhisit, who don't like to use violence. You should respect him for that, and sooner or later when you will grow up, you will respect him for that.

And all of this is happening while the coward T hiding himself abroad together with his family, while he set the country on fire. Why at least he doin't send his children to give an helping hand, or are they much more important than the children of the misguided ignorants who fight his battle for regaining his billions;

Grow up Koo before you will ashame yourself more.

CNN have said nothing of the sort. Watch the very neutral news there and stop mis-leading, henryalleman. I find it amazing how some people can just imagine things and post them as reality here...

are there any thai people on this forum that can explain how a govt. can be so weak so as not to be able to control demonstrators?

Its difficult for us farang to comprehend why nothing is being done..............someone please explain.

Its very easy to understand. he don't want blood on the streets. should respect him for his restrain.

At the end he will be the winner and will have all respect as well at home and abroad.

I hope but I am not sure about it. It might be seen as weakness.

Its easy to say just step down. But if he simply steps down, then say he returned to power after an election, the cycle begins again and red shirts are on the streets again demanding he be removed. They will come up with any cause they can think of to justify this action.

But if he and the other political leaders agree that election will be held, say in 6 months, and all agree to abide by them it would defuse the situation - the Army/Police could then say whoever wins WE SUPPORT - the majority of Thais are angry, not with the PM so much, but because he IS PM without an election - don't you understand their feelings?

At first i thought the Army were on the yellow shirts side (as they let them take over swampypoom airport)

Now they let the red shirts into the Asean meeting and now the interior ministry (BBC reporting the army just let them in)

I come to the conclusion that the Army are just incapable protecting government buildings/people or other property.

Incapable.

This is unbelievable, it really is.

Cambodia or Burma should seize their chance and just invade. Who's going to stop them? The Army cant, that's pretty clear!!

The worrying thing is that Al-Qaeda might just seize their chance and stage an atrocity here.

The only worrying thing about AlQaeda is who they really are,for me the real problem is that the country spends !9 gazillion45 extrapetillion37 multiplajillion baht a year on and an army and a police force that haven't got the eggs or the skill to protect a single hotel..How about we sack 95 % of army and police and with the massive money saved,maybe we could instigate some social reforms,Aussies,Brits,Scandies,Yanks,

many other countries can relate to this,care of the aged,medical,education(oops, second thoughts I should have left the Yanks out of this one),wouldn't it be amazing that,if people thought the government was taking care of them that they would support that government,if all the people thought that the government was supporting them and they all supported the government,I think we would call that unity.

Can somebody please tell me ,what's lacking in Thai today.I think there is an atrocity being all ready perpetrated in this lovely country.

Edited by kimincm

This reminds me of a shark feeding frenzy. Most people on this site are Farangs and with apparently bug-gar all to do. Why not turn off your computers and get out and get real. Politics have got nothing to do with us so by the time you get back. it will all be over.

We are guests in this country, something that apparently gets overlooked. Unless you have voting rights, let the people who do ,have their say, instead of peddling gossip on this site

I would suggest that a man who uses a coward and convicted fugitive for an avatar is also not the most credible of sources. Request stands.

So ' Thaksinisthedevil ' who is the little man in your avatar supposed to represent ? :o

perhaps,

I am inclined to believe the police and the army are not interested in crowd control one bit.

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone-in to the rally at the Government House at 6:30 pm, calling more people to join anti-government rallies in Bangkok.

He said it was the "golden time" now for the protesters to rise up against the government after soldiers were deployed to Bangkok streets.

The Nation

end quote

Not sure what it's called but i do know it's bad. Any chance the government can maybe make mr t take a very very very long vaction somewhere ? I mean he is a fugitive and all

The Nation

end quote

Dunno, but that could be one way to arrest him;)

I would suggest that a man who uses a coward and convicted fugitive for an avatar is also not the most credible of sources. Request stands.

So ' Thaksinisthedevil ' who is the little man in your avatar supposed to represent ? :o

little green man (under a bridge )

His name is Yoda. He is the Jedi master who led the Jedi Council in Star Wars. I would have thought that was obvious. Apparently not.

Via a regular tv station, I saw a group of reds on the tank. They took control of one tank now.

Are you very proud about the fact that a Bhuddist monk act like a hooligan hitting a car,

shame on him!!!!!

CNN just reported that red shirt lost all credibility and they respect Abhisit for his restrain, not step in the trap your terrorist organisation is set up for him.

They also report that its only a few thousand reds are cousing the problems and that there is not support from the Thai public for those actions.

Luck you have an PM like Abhisit, who don't like to use violence. You should respect him for that, and sooner or later when you will grow up, you will respect him for that.

And all of this is happening while the coward T hiding himself abroad together with his family, while he set the country on fire. Why at least he doin't send his children to give an helping hand, or are they much more important than the children of the misguided ignorants who fight his battle for regaining his billions;

Grow up Koo before you will ashame yourself more.

CNN have said nothing of the sort. Watch the very neutral news there and stop mis-leading, henryalleman. I find it amazing how some people can just imagine things and post them as reality here...

Yes CNN very neutral.

BBC saying how Thaksin is humliated and lost loads of face.

henryalleman is telling lies about the CNN coverage. Watch it yourself.

Abhisit said the army/police would disperse the demonstration, something is about to happen.

Either they refuse to follow orders or fail, or they do their job and use force and tomorrow Abhisit will apologise for casualties and forgive all but immediate red leaders.

In the first scenario Abhisit would probably have to resign, but that is inconsequential because Thailand would be officially ruled a failed, lawless state in the hands of a rabid mob, and it will stay this way until the reds install their own government accepted by the rest of the country and with enough power to confront inevitable yellows and other anti-reds, which is not going to happen, ever.

So, it's a nation on the brink, and stakes are LOT, LOT higher than Abhisit's political future and even Thaksin's money.

Yes, the severe beating of that driver was certainly "restrained" :o ...

Agreed. Violence isn't a good solution. But these are people that watched a group of yellows hack and shoot their way to their political aims. Heretofore they have resisted following the same path, but with no acknowledgment from media or tactile success. They put a guy in the hospital. The yellows put people in the morgue. Again... let's hope the reds continue to show restraint. They've already had one of their own killed and haven't retaliated in kind, YET. Let's pray they get to playing water instead of cracking heads.

You make a couple of wild and unsubstantiated remarks in your pice of anger.

Firstly, if he is a "puppet" as you believe, have you ever thought it might not be his choice?

As for payments, I can tell you upcountry the people must be smarter than Bangkokians.

I know for a fact, reds got paid to attend rallies in Udon Thani.

They also told me, they went because it was "good fun"....

They know Thaksin for what he is - just like all the other puyiis they have dealt with all their lives - they're not so dumb...

Whilst some ideas of the reds have popular support (including in my family - and me for what it is worth), that is a long way from people charging out of their house to join the "revolution". Whihc is waht this movement needs to suceed.

The Nation

end quote

Dunno, but that could be one way to arrest him;)

Well, that depends on

If he comes back

Where he enters the country

and more importantly WHO IS WITH HIM.

Now, if a couple of very high level people were to walk with him nobody would dare touch him perhaps?

Cannot see it happening just yet, think people are just rumour mongering, but then, what do I know......... :o