State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

Yes CNN very neutral.

BBC saying how Thaksin is humliated and lost loads of face.

henryalleman is telling lies about the CNN coverage. Watch it yourself.

From other events coverage CNN has proved to be liar #1.

BBC is less biased.

Edited by Amdesign

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red team might not be too concerned about the new "emergency law" they appear to be well organized and determined, and they probably follow the Churchill concept ... "conquer we must, and conquer we shall" the government must access the current situation very carefully before calling on the army again, Abisith should really consider calling a new election, and then go on the campaign with a solid manifesto that voters understand and possibly support, this is of course what team red ask for "a new election" and in order to avoid violence and a further spell of military rule, the current government should consider this for the sake of Thailand.

Abhisit said the army/police would disperse the demonstration, something is about to happen.

Either they refuse to follow orders or fail, or they do their job and use force and tomorrow Abhisit will apologise for casualties and forgive all but immediate red leaders.

In the first scenario Abhisit would probably have to resign, but that is inconsequential because Thailand would be officially ruled a failed, lawless state in the hands of a rabid mob, and it will stay this way until the reds install their own government accepted by the rest of the country and with enough power to confront inevitable yellows and other anti-reds, which is not going to happen, ever.

So, it's a nation on the brink, and stakes are LOT, LOT higher than Abhisit's political future and even Thaksin's money.

I don't understand why no news coming in. I mean these things are happening since the morning, everything is just too slow.

If the army walks in and secures the area it would have been finished by now. Recall how fast the last coup was.

Either all units are on holidays, or some units don't follow and they need units from the south or or or any other ideas???

I am informed the Army will not do anything.

They will not use force against the Reds.

The politicians will be given the choice to step down, or be removed.

An anti-Democrat/Coalition coup is looking very likely, unless they dissolve the House.

:rolleyes :o:D :D:

:D :D

Words are not needed.

Yes CNN very neutral.

No thanks. I'll stick with AJE. They've had excellent, unbiassed coverage and insightful interviews.

what is AJE? al jazeera?

I could not find much on their page...

Abhisit said the army/police would disperse the demonstration, something is about to happen.

Either they refuse to follow orders or fail, or they do their job and use force and tomorrow Abhisit will apologise for casualties and forgive all but immediate red leaders.

In the first scenario Abhisit would probably have to resign, but that is inconsequential because Thailand would be officially ruled a failed, lawless state in the hands of a rabid mob, and it will stay this way until the reds install their own government accepted by the rest of the country and with enough power to confront inevitable yellows and other anti-reds, which is not going to happen, ever.

So, it's a nation on the brink, and stakes are LOT, LOT higher than Abhisit's political future and even Thaksin's money.

I don't understand why no news coming in. I mean these things are happening since the morning, everything is just too slow.

If the army walks in and secures the area it would have been finished by now. Recall how fast the last coup was.

Either all units are on holidays, or some units don't follow and they need units from the south or or or any other ideas???

This is so different. All the red shirts on the streets, all the taxi drivers. The army just can't turn up in their tanks and expect everyone to go away. Unless they demonstrate they are serious, the red shirts will just walk all over them, which they have already shown ....

An anti-Democrat/Coalition coup is looking very likely, unless they dissolve the House.

:rolleyes :o:D:D :

:D:D

Words are not needed.

I hope to return the compliment to you for many years to come, with the "I was right" :wai:

Let time now prove who is right and who is wrong.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...-to-join-rallie

Thaksin makes phone-in, calling more to join rallies

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone-in to the rally at the Government House at 6:30 pm, calling more people to join anti-government rallies in Bangkok.

He said it was the "golden time" now for the protesters to rise up against the government after soldiers were deployed to Bangkok streets.

He said he was ready to move into Thailand to lead the people's uprising.

The Nation

end quote

I think this is called revolution or coup???

Dunno, but that could be one way to arrest him;)

In most societies ,Toxins actions would be regarded as treason and could result in his head in a noose.

Of course the criminal organ grinder could not give a toss how much of his monkeys blood is spilled in the streets ,as long as it suits his agenda.

Yes CNN very neutral.

No thanks. I'll stick with AJE. They've had excellent, unbiassed coverage and insightful interviews.

AJE? More details please...

This is so different. All the red shirts on the streets, all the taxi drivers. The army just can't turn up in their tanks and expect everyone to go away. Unless they demonstrate they are serious, the red shirts will just walk all over them, which they have already shown ....

Are Abhisit and Suthep in control?

Looks like the answer might be no.

Army doing nothing, Police doing nothing.

Eggy faces? Time to resign and dissolve the House?

I thought they are serious but obvious they are not....

Normally if you jump on a tank at emergency law, you got shot or?

Yes CNN very neutral.

AJE? More details please...

AlJazeera.

Watching it now.

I think the problem is that the distinction between 'force' and 'light force' is hard to find when it comes to the military and police here. I'm sure most people here can agree that tear-gas and rubber bullets should have been used a long time ago. Nobody wants to see bloodshed, but control has to be taken, and sometimes people have to get hurt in the process. Remember, they're there on their own free will causing damage to public and private property that isn't theirs, and harming innocent, unarmed people. They have every right to protest in a peaceful manner, and they can do it as long as they don't harm anyone or destroy anything, if you ask me.

I would suggest that a man who uses a coward and convicted fugitive for an avatar is also not the most credible of sources. Request stands.

So ' Thaksinisthedevil ' who is the little man in your avatar supposed to represent ? :o

His name is Yoda. He is the Jedi master who led the Jedi Council in Star Wars. I would have thought that was obvious. Apparently not.

Hmmmm......thanks for that ! Having not been to your planet I wasn't at all sure. Welcome to the planet earth. :D

Well, what if they were to shoot the Taxis...umm the cars....that wound put an end to it fast.

While that certainly sounds fascinating, I would request you name your source, or else refrain from posting wild speculation. Things are too serious.

LOL, you sound exactly like SJ.

i think it is quite obvious.... without having to provide any souce... that the army won't be doing anything , they don't have the will.

I would suggest that a man who uses a coward and convicted fugitive for an avatar is also not the most credible of sources. Request stands.

Well,well,well Mr ThaksinistheDevil. You have been very keen to point out to posters about their inappropriate remarks as in post#320, and here you are 'picking' on someones avatar!

I would suggest that you too abide by the morals you seem to enjoy issuing and stay on subject. :o

I thought they are serious but obvious they are not....

Normally if you jump on a tank at emergency law, you got shot or?

You are right, normally you should fear for your life if you jump on an army tank in a state of emergency. The question you should be asking is why the red shirts know they can jump on army tanks and not get any "penalty".

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra made a phone-in to the rally at the Government House at 6:30 pm, calling more people to join anti-government rallies in Bangkok.

He said it was the "golden time" now for the protesters to rise up against the government after soldiers were deployed to Bangkok streets.

The Nation

end quote

Well, that depends on

If he comes back

Where he enters the country

and more importantly WHO IS WITH HIM.

Now, if a couple of very high level people were to walk with him nobody would dare touch him perhaps?

Cannot see it happening just yet, think people are just rumour mongering, but then, what do I know......... :o

It is YOU that is rumor mongering from "what you're hearing" from your "sources". Mate, there isn't a soul in Thailand that is more than two degrees of separation away from knowing all there is to know of what goes on here. Even I know what is about to happen, but none of us knows how it will turn out.

Edited by lannarebirth

Are Abhisit and Suthep in control?

Looks like the answer might be no.

Army doing nothing, Police doing nothing.

Eggy faces? Time to resign and dissolve the House?

It does not look like the control anything, but that might change, or might not.....

The Nation

end quote

Well, that depends on

If he comes back

Where he enters the country

and more importantly WHO IS WITH HIM.

Now, if a couple of very high level people were to walk with him nobody would dare touch him perhaps?

Cannot see it happening just yet, think people are just rumour mongering, but then, what do I know......... :o

It is YOU that is rumor mongering from "what you're hearing" from your "sources". Mate, there isn't a soul in Thailand that is more than two degrees of separation away from knowing all there is to know of what goes on here. Even I know what is about to happen, but known of us knows how it will turn out.

Problem - reaction - solution!

I've never agreed with the UDD but i always respected their right to demonstrate to get their way, but their latest actions took them beyond simple protestation to full fledged insurection. The attack on the ASEAN was pushing it, but in then the PAD did sieze the airport. Even though the excuse of "but they did it first" is one of the most childish to use, i thought ok ok, they might still have a point. When they urged the UDD to attack the government, be it in a fit of rage and emotion or not they crossed the line and surpassed the PAD in the depths of thuggery. I now have no more sympathy for them at all and nothing they can say or do except disperse never to be heard from again can chagne that. Somethings you just can't come back from.

But i will apologize for my outburst, just because the reds lost the plot does not mean i can.

I agree completely! This has gone much further than the problems with the PAD, mob mentality has begun and who knows where it will end. Now is when a decisive move must be made to stop them.

(On a side note, who is the girl in your avatar? Wow!)

Well Thais on all sides be warned!( and farangs) Or indeed if you take no sides..Mr.T. has said he is willing to return and lead you...You can be assured if this does happen it will be after many people are injured or killed not while there is a chance the reds will be put down..If they do succeed you can alsobe sure he will return as a dictator and there will never be in the near future any elections if ever again...Also funny how all his family left before all this happened! But then he has always been good at looking after himself and close kin.