Dyslexic Daughter, Any Hope Of Education In Chiang

lor

My family is all set to move to Chiang Mai after 1 year of preparing but during the last year we noticed our 6 year old daughter was falling behind at school. Her reading, writing and maths were none existant!

To cut a long story short we had an assesment done on her which showed she was very Dyslexic. The school here says she will need special tuition from a teacher who knows about Dyslexia to give her any chance of keeping up with her class.

We were hoping that our 2 children would go to the Nakorn Payap International School but on their infomation page they say that any child with Special Needs will not be admitted! I have e-mailed the school to see if they would consider her but would like to know if anyone has had experiance of educating a Dyslexic child in Chiang Mai. Is there any private English Language tutors available? Is there any good schools that can help? etc

This whole problem is making both me and my wife reconsider moving to Thailand at all! Our most important consideration is education for our children.

We need to make a decision soon because we are about to exchange contracts on our house and the shipping company willl be collecting all our goods in about three weeks. If we decide to stay in England we need to decide within the next week.

Thanks

Chris