Nothing will save the Thai tourism industry

duchovny

Tourism won't die just yet in Thailand. Holidaymakers can impress their friends about their daring travels in the far-east and Orient, even though they stayed in a 5 star hotel.

Don't forget stories about their many encounters with the numerous so-called "mafia" groups.

(Or rather, the 2-Bob squads in tattered shorts with a home-made sling shot!) :)

Oh I forgot! Those aren't the 5-star tourists! These are the ones who think they're Thai. :D

Edited by junkofdavid2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pig flu is causing people to cancel flights too and airlines to cut service. Mexico is hit the worst now but its spreading fast. I think people will be forgoing vacations due to the risk and hassles of potentially being quarantined in place at an airport, hotel or who knows where even if you are not sick but were in that group with the sick farang.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...id=sec-business

The tourist will be back soon just a month or so of peace and quite things will be just fine, not great, but if things remains calm I think the Thai tourism Industry can just about break even, at least let's hope so. :D:)

just another posting of a useless point, I can't remember how many postings i've seen similiar to this.

1. Every country has problems, some good, some bad, and others worse

2. Tourism industry in general, If we look in general over the last 10 years and the tourism industry we've seen

a. terriorist attacks

b. Sars

c. now swine flu

d. Global recession

e. the list goes on and on

obviously most people on thai visa dont run business, dont employ people, and rely on the currency for their only source of income from the pension. let's get serious tourism is down thats a fact, most places that have tourists are due to

Discounts in room rates

Special promotion packages in either package tours

Discounts or promotions on airfare