Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

How about some pictures of our finished houses. Give the others an idea of how farangs actually live over here. A shack or a mansion, don't be shy. Just one representative shot of your dwelling without details of price or location. As they say a picture is worth ...

post-44431-1239777127_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if that is your place and not just a random photo i would love to know the cost to buildsuch a place and what rooms you have inside..................plus of course the land.

I live in a 1 bed bungalow with small garden,the one of the good things is cos its so small its easy to keep clean,have a small garden too.........only 6000baht to rent x 12= 72000x10years and i,ve still only spent 720,000baht,ok its not mine,but property particularly out in the sticks not always easy to sell if you have too.

Here's our place that we have recently finished building.

Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, living room, computer room/study, tv room for wifey and her soaps, western and Thai kitchen.

In the process of finishing off the garden but the lawn will have to wait until we get a little more rain.

post-9791-1239785907_thumb.jpg

Well if that is your place and not just a random photo i would love to know the cost to buildsuch a place and what rooms you have inside..................plus of course the land.

I live in a 1 bed bungalow with small garden,the one of the good things is cos its so small its easy to keep clean,have a small garden too.........only 6000baht to rent x 12= 72000x10years and i,ve still only spent 720,000baht,ok its not mine,but property particularly out in the sticks not always easy to sell if you have too.

I was looking for pictures instead of the usual talk of specs and cost. So where are the pictures?

You are very right about resale, however. Early on in my blog I owned up to the fact that this is an extravagance not an investment. My rationalization is that I live here full time, the basic house cost was a swap from a studio condo in Bangkok, to something in the 300+ square meters range, and the condo only had a 35 year lease. Plus, after 30+ years in the big city I was ready for something different.

Thanks Sir Burr and apetley for contributing. I am hoping we will get a nice selection, across the board, of the kinds of houses people really live in.

From the looks of your place Sir Burr, your name is highly inappropriate. The Sir part is OK though. :o

Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, living room, computer room/study, tv room for wifey and her soaps, western and Thai kitchen.

In the process of finishing off the garden but the lawn will have to wait until we get a little more rain.

Did they forget to put the septic tank in the ground? Or did you have one less bathroom than you

thought :o

Chateau Sir Burr

Nice place Sir Burr Did I see your house in one of those expensive Thai 'house and garden' books?

I like the space underneath good for storing for old sofas and bicycle frames.

side angle hmm how to rotate these?

You have to rotate the image before you upload it. Any photo editing software will do it, even Vista can do it (right click on your photo file, choose rotate).

Here you go :o

post-14979-1239806905_thumb.jpg

Nice, how big is this mansion? :D

How about some pictures of our finished houses. Give the others an idea of how farangs actually live over here. A shack or a mansion, don't be shy. Just one representative shot of your dwelling without details of price or location. As they say a picture is worth ...

post-44431-1239777127_thumb.jpg

Nice, house, a good buddy has one like this with a swimming pool. How about your place?? Look like a fairly big place maybe room for some well train pets to roam happy a free. Enjoy!! :o:D

You have to rotate the image before you upload it. Any photo editing software will do it, even Vista can do it (right click on your photo file, choose rotate).

Here you go :D

Nice, how big is this mansion? :D

3 stories, underground parking, pool, seperate maids quarters, 8000 sq m... a bit bigger than we need but oh well :D not too bad for a wedding present

of course its right next to mom and dads house :o

All them Lovely Houses make my ( wife's ) Newish house look like A Shed.

3 Bed. Kitchen & Shower Room ( Western Toilet ) Low quality Fittings Doors Ect No Air con

Only 350.000 Excluding Land Price of A second Hand Car So No complaints

No plans to live here Perminantly.

Here She Is

post-53881-1239813783_thumb.jpg

post-53881-1239813826_thumb.jpg

post-53881-1239813857_thumb.jpg

Nice, how big is this mansion? :wai:

3 stories, underground parking, pool, seperate maids quarters, 8000 sq m... a bit bigger than we need but oh well :P not too bad for a wedding present

If the present is from them to you...well done! :D :jerk:

What does their house look like? :D

RAZZ

P.S Does your Mrs have any sisters? :D

Nice, how big is this mansion? :wai:

3 stories, underground parking, pool, seperate maids quarters, 8000 sq m... a bit bigger than we need but oh well :P not too bad for a wedding present

If the present is from them to you...well done! :D :jerk:

What does their house look like? :D

RAZZ

P.S Does your Mrs have any sisters? :D

yup identical twin,,,,, and i wouldnt wish her upon anyone

Did they forget to put the septic tank in the ground? Or did you have one less bathroom than you

thought :o

LOL

Ahh the septic tank.

That was a story in itself. Basically we have two septics but ended up buying four. One was holed whilst in the ground and the other had a manufacturing fault, only discovered after it had been sunk in the ground!

If you want the full rundown on how not to install a septic read my blog on http://coolthaihouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1070

tb86

Looks like your in-laws are planning a large contribution, from you, to their gene pool. With plenty of room for the kids, maids and nannies and such. Hope you get on well with your wife's family. Forum pages are normally filled with horror stories of living with poor relatives and overlook what can go wrong when the in-laws have more.

My taste runs toward single floor dwellings and lots of open space but with a large family you may need the separation of three floors. You definitely have a nice place there. Thanks for sharing.

InSiSongkram

I like the looks of two story houses but just don't like living in them. I'm just too lazy to move up and down the stairs all day and that leaves me living in just half of the house. If your relative takeover the ground floor, however, you will be able to beat a retreat to the quiet of the upper sanctuary.

Nice, house, a good buddy has one like this with a swimming pool. How about your place?? Look like a fairly big place maybe room for some well train pets to roam happy a free. Enjoy!! :o:D

BigSnake

No swimming pool but there is a one rai fish pond, behind that wall, that the kids like to swim in and the adults like to fish in. Our place is only five rai but the dogs lay claim to everything within a hundred meters or so of our boundary.

Archived