Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<br />tb86<br />Looks like your in-laws are planning a large contribution, from you, to their gene pool. With plenty of room for the kids, maids and nannies and such. Hope you get on well with your wife's family. Forum pages are normally filled with horror stories of living with poor relatives and overlook what can go wrong when the in-laws have more.<br /><br />My taste runs toward single floor dwellings and lots of open space but with a large family you may need the separation of three floors. You definitely have a nice place there. Thanks for sharing.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

well we are not planning on having kids, the old lady can't stand them so I may be off the hook, as far as the family goes they spend most of their time in chiang rai.

johnnyk

Sounds like you found a good workable solution for you and your tenant. Obviously you chose a good expat friendly location to build. Not everyone would have that same option, however.

Well I was tipped off to HH some years ago and when I went I really liked the feel of it within 5 mins of getting off the bus.

I've spent time in moobans in Kalasin and Lopburi and enjoyed them but only for very short spells. I'm not a DIY guy and I like to read and yak with other falangs now and then. I do want some falang stuff around, not too mutt like pattaya but I like to get a falang paper with my coffee etc

My friend is retired and got sick of the pattaya zoo. Just luck that he asked me about HH and condo rents there so I offered him a whole house with garden and pool for less. He's very happy there with his Thai wife and I'm happy because I know him and I'm not renting to a revolving door of drunk holidayers.

<br />tb86<br />Looks like your in-laws are planning a large contribution, from you, to their gene pool. With plenty of room for the kids, maids and nannies and such. Hope you get on well with your wife's family. Forum pages are normally filled with horror stories of living with poor relatives and overlook what can go wrong when the in-laws have more.<br /><br />My taste runs toward single floor dwellings and lots of open space but with a large family you may need the separation of three floors. You definitely have a nice place there. Thanks for sharing.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

well we are not planning on having kids, the old lady can't stand them so I may be off the hook, as far as the family goes they spend most of their time in chiang rai.

Nice house, no kids, relatives away! You've got great karma kid. If you love your wife and what you do, then your life is pretty near perfect.

Not a finished house but 2 car parks that I own, along with my apartment at Potts Point, Sydney. I can park accross, all mine.

2parkings.jpg

If I could sell them (they must go with the condo) it would be 2.2-2.5 mil baht.

No sell, no car, the rental to the nearby restaurants (their vallet parking) at about 2,000B per month.

(The car was sold back in 2004.)

donx

I'm sure that is a peaceful location with a view of the river and temple. I would be worried about what happens during the rainy season, however.

This bungalow was built higher (4 steps?) that my in-laws existing house which was built several years ago to replace their old wood house that was lost during a flood. Before their existing house was built, the land was raised higher than the street level. The floods have never risen to that level before so I think our bungalow is safe.

First click browse, search your computer for the picture, click open, then click the UPLOAD button. After the upload you need to click "Manage Current Attachments" and click the green button on the left to have it inserted into the text box above. If you use something like photobucket then you can try the insert picture button from the toolbar.

post-44431-1239941822_thumb.jpg

post-44431-1239941963_thumb.jpg

This my home and it cost me 2,000baht. What a double pricing ripped off ! It should cost me 800 Baht including land ownership max ! :o

One Bed One bath is it?

It's the silver birch trees they will push the price up wherever you buy :D

This is what we built for when we visit my wife's family.

It's small and simple, but it's comfortable with a nice view of the river. On the other side of the river is the local Wat.

post-a22468-thaihouse2.JPG

How much did this handsome little house cost to build? i like it :o

This is what we built for when we visit my wife's family.

It's small and simple, but it's comfortable with a nice view of the river. On the other side of the river is the local Wat.

post-a22468-thaihouse2.JPG

How much did this handsome little house cost to build? i like it :o

My wife had it built in early 2004. Total cost (excluding land) was 330,000 Baht. One room (bedroom with ceiling fan and airconditioning), built-in closet, Western bathroom with sit-down toilet and shower stall (no bathtub) and balcony.

Naams's hut:

Nice hut Naam, looks like you can see the sea. How's yer pond?

no more seaview except for a tiny section. my hut is the only single story one. full panoramic seaview only if i climb on the roof :o was contemplating to add a "viewing room" up but i am scared of an army of locals taking my peace away for weeks or even months :D pond is doing OK after reducing it by two thirds, water clear but no kois (yet).

latest picture of pond (old pond size clearly visible):

post-35218-1240021442_thumb.jpg

Archived