Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our recently completed home in Mae Rim, Chiang Mai. 1,100-sq.m., 4-ensuite BR, 7-baths, fitness center, library/music room, office, indoor golf driving range & putting green, TV/Karaoke room, dining room, Euro & Thai kitchens, separate maid & gardener/driver's quarters, two storage rooms, pool, sala...lying on a 477-TR lot overlooking a lake. More than we needed but it's a comfortable place to live in.

side angle hmm how to rotate these?

You have to rotate the image before you upload it. Any photo editing software will do it, even Vista can do it (right click on your photo file, choose rotate).

Here you go :D

post-14979-1239806905_thumb.jpg

Nice, how big is this mansion? :D

3 stories, underground parking, pool, seperate maids quarters, 8000 sq m... a bit bigger than we need but oh well :D not too bad for a wedding present

of course its right next to mom and dads house :o

You sure your not over selling it there ??? I mean it looks large an all but thats .8 of a hectare of floorspace !!! So unless theres about 10 more of those hidden from the camera I reckon somethings not right..

My last place was 500sqm of floorspace on 2 levels and was HUGE.. having 16 times thats space is insane..

side angle hmm how to rotate these?

You have to rotate the image before you upload it. Any photo editing software will do it, even Vista can do it (right click on your photo file, choose rotate).

Here you go :D

post-14979-1239806905_thumb.jpg

Nice, how big is this mansion? :D

3 stories, underground parking, pool, seperate maids quarters, 8000 sq m... a bit bigger than we need but oh well :D not too bad for a wedding present

of course its right next to mom and dads house :o

You sure your not over selling it there ??? I mean it looks large an all but thats .8 of a hectare of floorspace !!! So unless theres about 10 more of those hidden from the camera I reckon somethings not right..

yeah, maybe a little bit each floor is 2000m x 4 one floor is the parking/storage so i guess useable space is really more like 6000, its huge man been under const non stop for 3.5 yrs now about 6 months out now we hope in the pictures you can only see the front entrance . ill take more of the building when all the coverings come down,

My last place was 500sqm of floorspace on 2 levels and was HUGE.. having 16 times thats space is insane..

Still under construction after more than 5 years but since I don't currently live in Thailand, no rush....

Latkrabang, 20 minutes North of airport.

And BTW: looking for neighbors, if interested to build

wow very nice, good work

Still under construction after more than 5 years but since I don't currently live in Thailand, no rush....

I wonder about livability during the different seasons with bugs, rain and heat. That said you have a stunningly beautiful place there.

Beautiful looking house. Congratulations.

How much did it cost to build?

RAZZ

yeah, maybe a little bit each floor is 2000m x 4 one floor is the parking/storage so i guess useable space is really more like 6000, its huge man been under const non stop for 3.5 yrs now about 6 months out now we hope in the pictures you can only see the front entrance . ill take more of the building when all the coverings come down,

Thats nuts !!!

I mean square feet sure 8000 sqft is still nearly 800sqm and would be comfortably large.. But 8000 sqm ?? Nuts !! must be like >20 bedrooms to fill it. I was in a 12 bedroom place that had library's, guestwings and major space and IIRC that was 1600m and thats only 1/5th of this size.

I mean the white house in the US is about 5000 sqm.. So its 50% larger than that !!

The most expensive house in the USA at 150 million USD is Aaron Spellings uber mansion.. at 56000 sqft or just over 5000 sqm.. This huge thing

SpellingManor_AER.jpg

and your building something about 60% larger than that !! More than half again of this size !! The US's most expensive house !! I am amazed..

What do you need that size for ?? Entire (large) hotels are smaller than that..

Thats nuts !!!

Each floor is like 100m x 20m ?? Times 4 of them..

I mean square feet sure 8000 sqft is still nearly 800sqm and would be large.. But 8000 sqm ?? Nuts !! must be like 20 bedrooms to fill it. I was in a 12 bedroom place that had library's, guestwings and major space and IIRC that was 1600m and thats only 1/5th of this size.

The pics look like the guesthouses in that Pattaya tropical garden park, existing for 15+ years, 2500B per night.

Thats nuts !!!

Each floor is like 100m x 20m ?? Times 4 of them..

I mean square feet sure 8000 sqft is still nearly 800sqm and would be large.. But 8000 sqm ?? Nuts !! must be like 20 bedrooms to fill it. I was in a 12 bedroom place that had library's, guestwings and major space and IIRC that was 1600m and thats only 1/5th of this size.

The pics look like the guesthouses in that Pattaya tropical garden park, existing for 15+ years, 2500B per night.

what picture, you mean nong nooch gardens?

yeah like i said a lil bit more than we need but :D oh well, sure beats our 10x10 boxes in nyc

Really ?? you building something 60% larger than the US's most expensive home ?? 60% larger than LA's largest house ?? Something that itself has 123 rooms ?? So this monster I guess has 180 or more rooms at 60% larger !!

http://www.luxuo.com/most-expensive/aaron-...50-million.html

http://realestalker.blogspot.com/2009/03/c...y-asks-for.html

I am floored.. Will love to see some pics as the one you posted has to be just the very corner of one wing..

8000sqm !!! :o Forgive me if I am doubtful..

yeah like i said a lil bit more than we need but :D oh well, sure beats our 10x10 boxes in nyc

Really ?? you building something 60% larger than the US's most expensive home ?? 60% larger than LA's largest house ?? Something that itself has 123 rooms ?? So this monster I guess has 180 or more rooms at 60% larger !!

I am floored.. Will love to see some pics as the one you posted has to be just the very corner of one wing..

dude thats a 19,000 sqm house or am i doing the math wrong? how is it that 8k is 60% larger?

My neighbors house across the street from my place (ocean side) in Nai Harn Beach area, Phuket

This is the pool in the rear of the house facing the Andaman Sea.

Retired American engineer. I keep an eye on the place when he is out of the country.

720 Sq Meters or 7750 sq feet. Nice guy and throws great parties.

dude thats a 19,000 sqm house or am i doing the math wrong? how is it that 8k is 60% larger?

erm.. No..

5000 sqm = 53,820 sqft.. Thats give or take the size of the Spelling Estate (listed at 52,500)..

8000 sqm is 60% larger than 5000sqm.. (5000 + 3000)..

Your claiming to be building something 60% larger than LA's largest, and most expensive, 123 room house.. A house with "a bowling alley in the basement, a beauty parlor and a barber shop in the 17,000 square foot attic, a gift wrapping room, doll museum, a home gym, a wine cellar and wine tasting room, a humidity-controlled silver storage room, a room just for the China, and a leviathan living room that does double duty as a screening room where the screen rises up out of the floor.".. Somewhere 60% larger than the white house.. I find that claim quite amazing (and thats saying it nicely about it).

8000 square meters, divided on three floors. That makes the house a bit larger then 50x50 meter, if it’s square and have equally divided floor space. Everything’s possible, but it could also be what most seem to assume here, 8000 square feet. Making the house about 16x16 meters (again same assumptions as above). Which still is quite a dwelling.

ok so im off then 24,000 feet sorry im wrong, bring on the insults.... i deserve it.... dont know why i thought 24000/3 = 8000 sqm

well here are some pics i just took of the model the origional pics were just a sliver of the house

post-54524-1240155145_thumb.jpg

post-54524-1240155153_thumb.jpg

post-54524-1240155160_thumb.jpg

Wow that's quite the mansion!

If you are using any version of Windows, (and haven't installed some other photo editing software that has taken over the association of jpeg files), just double click your picture, and it will come up in "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer". At the bottom of the window, to the right of the magnifying glasses, there are two icons that you can click on to rotate your pictures clock and anti-clock wise.

I rotated the last ones for you.

post-70239-1240157130_thumb.jpgpost-70239-1240157143_thumb.jpgpost-70239-1240157156_thumb.jpg

post-36548-1239857032_thumb.jpg

Our little shack.

is that a angry neighbor giving you the finger in the background?, nice place by the way

LOL....That's my Father in law supervising construction. He did a great job, and saved me loads of money and my sanity, God bless him.

ok so im off then 24,000 feet sorry im wrong, bring on the insults.... i deserve it.... dont know why i thought 24000/3 = 8000 sqm

well here are some pics i just took of the model the origional pics were just a sliver of the house

No need for insults from anybody...it's a simple math error. For future reference you can divide square footage by 10.76 to derive square meters. In your case, that equates to 2,230 sq. meters...one heck of a big home. Absolutely stunning. You must be the single largest employer in your area to care for the place! Congratulations!

Kumankrakatinni

Beautiful !

Can we have more info and why the cream / yellow base?

cheers :o

Thanks for the comments gents. All credit to the Thai wife. Construction was in 2008, I was stuck in China. From some of my basic specs, the wife created the design (no architect) and was also building supervisor. Local builders, good job, no major issues to date. Except the kitchen decorator, useless and a rip off merchant.

Location is 8 km out of Sangkha, Surin on about 4 x rai. River surrounds us about 250 deg. In the wet, we are more or less part of the river for a while. High water mark is nearly the top of our fence.

Very solid foundations down 6m to bedrock. Piles, footings, uprights and floor all concrete with #6 rebar. Double brick cavity exterior walls. Steel frame roof.

About 600 sq/m under cover. Will decide after this wet if we will develop at ground level to give us 1200 sq/m. We have made a downstairs kitchen and bathroom because the family are more used to open air style.

One master bedroom, two guest rooms, two family bedrooms, five bathrooms, den/office, big living area and huge kitchen. There is a hallway that runs the breadth of the house with a full length wide skylight that gives natural light throughout. Three large glass windows in the roof area feed the light. Heavy gauge aluminum windows and doors allow good airflow, the house is relatively cool. Insulation is foil under the roof tiles. Most of the interior tiles are local marble.

We moved in on Dec 1, 2008. The guttering is done and 4 x 2500 L tanks installed. We run on groundwater and rainwater (not much yet :D ).

Did not get the sandstone color effect I was looking for, but I can live with it. Changes a lot with shifting light throughout the day.

Need to complete the balcony/verandah on two sides of the house. Another day.

More pics of house and surrounds at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Colinhmartin/W...feat=directlink

Oh....and I have a beer fridge if you are passing this way, probably a spare room too.

Anyone know how to combine all the pictures in this thread into one entry or an album? There is an interesting assortment from the humble to the extravagant. Might make a nice album for reference.

you can most certianly count me out for that task :D:D:D:wai: seeing as i cant even figure out how to rotate a pic :o:D

Archived