Finished House Picture (Views and Gardens Welcome)

Anyone know how to combine all the pictures in this thread into one entry or an album? There is an interesting assortment from the humble to the extravagant. Might make a nice album for reference.

you can most certianly count me out for that task :D:D:D:wai: seeing as i cant even figure out how to rotate a pic :o:D

Pretty easy, but I don't think you can create an album directly from this TV site. For each photo you wish to save, open (i.e., expand) the photo first by clicking on it, then right-click on the expanded picture and select 'Save As'...you can then give a name to the photo and later import them into PowerPoint or any other photo album software. Creating a PowerPoint album would be a snap and wouldn't take all that long; you could even copy and paste each expanded photo directly into PowerPoint...creating New Slides as you move along.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone know how to combine all the pictures in this thread into one entry or an album? There is an interesting assortment from the humble to the extravagant. Might make a nice album for reference.

you can most certianly count me out for that task :D:D:D:wai: seeing as i cant even figure out how to rotate a pic :o:D

Pretty easy, but I don't think you can create an album directly from this TV site. For each photo you wish to save, open (i.e., expand) the photo first by clicking on it, then right-click on the expanded picture and select 'Save As'...you can then give a name to the photo and later import them into PowerPoint or any other photo album software. Creating a PowerPoint album would be a snap and wouldn't take all that long; you could even copy and paste each expanded photo directly into PowerPoint...creating New Slides as you move along.

Well, that backfired didn't it. Of course I could do it myself. The point is that I had hoped to enlist the labor of others by feigning ignorance. Shows how cleaver I am. :P

for those in a nice home like posted here, I would suggest reading the gun thread in the general forum and taking the steps to protect your families.

:o Ten dogs and a couple of geese seems to be working so far....

Lets not turn this into a self-defense, security, and home fortress thread, please.

for those in a nice home like posted here, I would suggest reading the gun thread in the general forum and taking the steps to protect your families.

:o Ten dogs and a couple of geese seems to be working so far....

Lets not turn this into a self-defense, security, and home fortress thread, please.

Agreed VF, let's keep this to piccies of peoples wonderful homes. Many are making me feel quite jealous when compared with our (not complete so it doesn't belong here) build.

OP Great topic. All very beautiful homes. Thanks for sharing!

Signed up with Thaiforums to findout where the best place was to build our home,

but was discouraged after reading the "Gun forum" and Hua Hin realty forum. These

pictures have renewed my interests and faith in Thailand as place to settle.

Homes look alot nicer without the metal bars on the windows too :o

How was the location chosen to build the property on?

OP Great topic. All very beautiful homes. Thanks for sharing!

Signed up with Thaiforums to findout where the best place was to build our home,

but was discouraged after reading the "Gun forum" and Hua Hin realty forum. These

pictures have renewed my interests and faith in Thailand as place to settle.

Homes look alot nicer without the metal bars on the windows too :o

How was the location chosen to build the property on?

Can't speak for the others but you can get some insight into my story by reading my blog. On the left side column is an additional link to my blog in book form, or chronological order, and shares some of my early thoughts on building our home.

All them Lovely Houses make my ( wife's ) Newish house look like A Shed.

3 Bed. Kitchen & Shower Room ( Western Toilet ) Low quality Fittings Doors Ect No Air con

Only 350.000 Excluding Land Price of A second Hand Car So No complaints

No plans to live here Perminantly.

Here She Is

Hi Kennkate - thanks for posting this. We're finishing up construction this week on something very similar. A small 2BR house on the family's land for our daughter and her aunt to live in.

Was wondering how many square meters your place is? Ours is 68, plus another 12 for the covered front porch. Total cost will come in at around 420,000 using mid-grade fixtures and fittings (hardwood panel doors, aluminum windows, thai kitchen, ceiling fans, gypsum ceiling, etc).

It's quite livable.

The way I designed it, the upstairs looks beautiful and traditional but inside is quite modern.

The downstairs (daily living area) is concrete and fully modern with air conditioning, security, etc.

The mosquitos come out at night but seem to like to stay closer to the ground.

It's a bit of a lifestyle choice. Not 100% clean and bug-free but relaxing, nice breeze and lots of birds.

Went I am in the Silicon Valley I am in a smallish apartment. So it's a good balance.

Went through a few revisions to get the roof right and protected from heavy rain.

Overall satisfied.

Still under construction after more than 5 years but since I don't currently live in Thailand, no rush....

Latkrabang, 20 minutes North of airport.

And BTW: looking for neighbors, if interested to build

I wonder about livability during the different seasons with bugs, rain and heat. That said you have a stunningly beautiful place there.

Thanks for the explanation. No offense was intended. You have a truly lovely place there. I have had to balance my love of nature with my love of comfort, so was interested in what you did. Here, even with good screens, I find the tiniest bugs still get in but the mosquitos are kept at bay. A high lofted ceiling with good ventilation makes the living areas comfortable without air conditioning, usually. Air in the bedrooms and TV/computer room give me someplace to retreat to, when as recently, the ambient temperature hovers around 40. House design doesn't seem to matter much when the breeze blowing through your house feels like a furnace. Usually it is like living in a dream, so as you say, "overall satisfied". Don't think one can do much better than that.

It's quite livable.

The way I designed it, the upstairs looks beautiful and traditional but inside is quite modern.

The downstairs (daily living area) is concrete and fully modern with air conditioning, security, etc.

The mosquitos come out at night but seem to like to stay closer to the ground.

It's a bit of a lifestyle choice. Not 100% clean and bug-free but relaxing, nice breeze and lots of birds.

Went I am in the Silicon Valley I am in a smallish apartment. So it's a good balance.

Went through a few revisions to get the roof right and protected from heavy rain.

Overall satisfied.

Still under construction after more than 5 years but since I don't currently live in Thailand, no rush....

Latkrabang, 20 minutes North of airport.

And BTW: looking for neighbors, if interested to build

I wonder about livability during the different seasons with bugs, rain and heat. That said you have a stunningly beautiful place there.

lolare.

Beautiful & practical. :D

Is the area underneath (the house) usable? I see that it slopes.

edited for the benefit of the New swimming pool mod. :o

Yes, the lower level is mostly open, like a lot of Thai houses, and is usable. The enclosed areas are a mechanical room, a bathroom, and a caretakers quarters. The main open area is going to be a recreation/exercise space. We plan to add a swimming pool outside of that space (maybe I should talk to the New Swimming Pool Mod about that). There is also a large double carport on that level. Here's a carport picture.post-46635-1240878493_thumb.jpg

Is the area underneath usable? I see that it slopes.

Ski-slope?? :o

Agreed, beautiful home :D

Thanks Crossy. It's a downslope site, but it's not all as steep as the picture makes it look. The front yard is very usable, and the land levels out at the bottom providing a nice area at the shoreline. I put in a road from the upper level to the lower level to allow easy access. Here are three photos: a shot of the front yard from the entry porch, a shot down to the temp. workers housing at the shore, and a shot up from the workers camp to the house site.

post-46635-1240879498_thumb.jpg, post-46635-1240879898_thumb.jpg, post-46635-1240880228_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry don't have pictures as such but recently had a visual tour done of our house. Works quite well for those with fast internet conections. House completed 2 years ago. Pattaya.....

http://www.virtually-media.com/property/To...eal-Estate.html

That is a very nice house Biggy. Do you care to share a few more details? Size, price?

Looks nice...Like something from MTV cribs :)

Well done. It must have cost a few quid?

RAZZ

Archived