Lost passport

Unlucky for me, but over the weekend I left my bag in a Taxi. The bag had my passport in it.

I have read this site and looked around and am pretty sure what I need to do, but I hope some people can help me clarify a few things.

I know I need to get a police report and take that, money and pictures to the US Embassy and apply for a replacement passport. I have photocopies of my passport front page, Non-imm B visa, TM card and 90 day registration.

But what then. My 90 day registration is coming up soon and I'm sure the new passport won't arrive before then. What to do about that?

Also, when I take my new passport to immigration, I heard they will stamp in a replacement non-imm b for my previous visa. That Visa had another four months left on it. Will the replacement be valid for the same time?

Also, when that visa and my work permit are up for renewal, will they be able to be extended here in Thailand? Or do I need to save up for another trip to Singapore for a new non-imm B?

Also, this comes at a really inconvenient time, what with APEC security, and reading this site a bunch of scrutiny on stamps, what other unforssen hassles should I expect during this process.

Any help is appreciated. This is a real pain in the ass, but sites like this make it easier to understand the sometimes complicated rules and regulations of Visas and such.

Thanks in advance.

Go to the Police and report the loss and then hurry to the Embassy with all of your information ( congrat's on having copies ) The Consular Section will guide you through the Thai procedures in your circumstances, but do not delay. As long as your visa doesn't expire, you should be able to extend again