Tips And Tricks For Posters

sbk

• 10 months later...

Hi is there a link to information about links in signatures anywhere ?

might as well add the question here too :) Can you tell me is it ok to link to a business in my signature as I have tried and its coming up with the html instead of the link .

many thanks

Hi is there a link to information about links in signatures anywhere ?

might as well add the question here too :) Can you tell me is it ok to link to a business in my signature as I have tried and its coming up with the html instead of the link .

many thanks

Forum Rules.

14) Not to place phone numbers, emails, company names or web addresses in signatures

• 3 months later...

If the forum display looks different and you are unable to read topics, please log out of Thai Visa, clear your cache and your cookies and log back in

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cookies

My Apoligies thanks for the warning I knew I forgot. Is TAN News ok? Kind of threw me when th guy thought I was passing rumors. I will think next time.

Ray

Sent Yesterday, 16:20

Regarding your post in the Isaan forum, quoting the Bangkok Post....

31) All members are not allowed to quote news articles or material from Associated Press (AP), bangkokpost.com or phuketwan inside topics on thaivisa.com. Posts containing quotes will be deleted from the forum. Links referring back to the sites are also not allowed and will be deleted.

This is one of the latest forum rules, so you might have missed it (recognizing you've got a long history with TV).

Cheers,

TT

For the moderation team

• 2 years later...

Can I ask what software drives TV as I have to implement an internal forum and I don't really have any particular ideas at the moment. And is it Windows or Linux based?

As mentioned, Invision Power Services which is Linux based but it is not free. Actually it can be installed on a windows based system - Requirements. A free alternative and popular one is phpBB.

Here are reviews of some board software. Best Forum Software

• 1 year later...

I have been on Buriram Expats for some time, and am new to TV. BE has a bad virus.

I already found good information regarding shipping household goods from America to Thailand. Although it was from 2009, the info was accurate and I was able to contact the company mentioned. (Rama Shipping).

I wanted to PM the OP, however I was not able to find out how to do that. Can someone explain how to PM on this site.

I thank you in advance for your help.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Having been asked today by a member what he has to do so that he no longer will see the posts of another member displayed on the screen I thought of posting it here,

How to ignore another member
Click on your member name near the top right of the screen
msg-21260-0-15766900-1417984053_thumb.gi
Click on My Settings
msg-21260-0-58637400-1417984054_thumb.gi
In the left column, under Profile Settings, click on ‘Ignore’ Preferences
msg-21260-0-04322300-1417984056_thumb.gi
In the text field under Add a new user to my list, type the name of the member you wish to ignore, and to the right of Ignore: click on the box for Posts, then click on Save Changes
msg-21260-0-55096500-1417984057_thumb.gi

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't find the 'Ignore' feature, I did a Ggl search, no answer. Searched the Thaivisa Support, can't find it.

phpBB and vBulletin both have 'ignore' feature, a button on each board members Profile page. You click on member nick, then click Ignore, done.

Can I ask TV support, why is this not possible on Thaivisa board?

Edit:

Found it. Ignore feature is not on the Profile Page of Forum member you wish to ignore, it is on my profile page, and well hidden! You have to go to My Profile > Edit My Profile, then you see the Ignore Prefrences. The trick is to find Edit My Profile button.

Considerable talent has gone into hiding ignore feature, congrats to web developer!

Edited by whitemouse

Wanted to edit my above post once more, unable, 33 min have passed, and no more Edit Post.

Wanted to clarify why it took so long search for profile and Ignore.

On a mobile device, but using full vetsin of TV, the username at top right uses drop dowm menu in order to get to My Settings.

Trouble is, with slow connection,the drop down does not 'drop down', all that happens is that you click on your nick, and that takes you to My Profile. But Ignore prefrences are not on My Profile page, the page has other menus, but you need to go to My Settings. Since its fireworks at Pattaya bay, Trumove is barely connecting, drop down menues are useless at slow connection speed, you simply can't use it.

Cheers :)

On a mobile device, but using full [version] of TV, the username at top right uses drop dowm menu in order to get to My Settings. Trouble is, with slow connection,the drop down does not 'drop down', all that happens is that you click on your nick, and that takes you to My Profile. But Ignore prefrences are not on My Profile page, the page has other menus, but you need to go to My Settings.

Since its fireworks at Pattaya bay, Trumove is barely connecting, drop down menues are useless at slow connection speed, you simply can't use it.

Cheers smile.png

Yea, ThaiVisa is steeped in Web 2.0 scripts.

The graphics 'buttons' go from normal to enhanced functionality with the help of special scripts.

But if you have a finicky or slow connection then the webpage may render before the scripts are completely downloaded and running. A bit of a pain when you expect a drop-down menu feature to appear and instead you find yourself wasting time being whisked away to 1998, linked to yet another web page.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, wcoast said:

Tried to post a screenshot last night .png, got an error msg saying this type isn't allowed, why isn't this standard picture format allowed? Thx

Works fine for me:

5a7668d4ec192_TVquote.png.bd3929c960a961bbb206d2147baac49f.png

Maybe it's "Tapatalk" that is the problem

Edited by Langsuan Man

• 2 weeks later...