Jump to content

Tips And Tricks For Posters


Recommended Posts

  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thai Visa forum rules Quickest Way To Get Forum Support/help! Forum Netiquette Tagging, What Is It And How To Do It Posting Images To The Forum. How to Embed a YouTube Video How Does On

If the forum display looks different and you are unable to read topics, please log out of Thai Visa, clear your cache and your cookies and log back in http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Ca

Yea, ThaiVisa is steeped in Web 2.0 scripts. The graphics 'buttons' go from normal to enhanced functionality with the help of special scripts. But if you have a finicky or slow connection then the w

Posted Images

The first post in a topic never has the Quote button at the bottom left-hand side. All the posts after the OP have it. Yet I see some people are able to quote the OP. Is there a trick to doing this, or is my setup missing something?

 

2064252558_ThaiVisaquote.jpg.d37d1556b25d4866dc05a7d305ced9c1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guderian said:

The first post in a topic never has the Quote button at the bottom left-hand side. All the posts after the OP have it.

There has never been a quote button for the OP.

But you can highlight them with your mouse and click "quote selection" that comes up.

image.png.8925f4b4803e2db2a1a4da68ef031262.png

 

Same for any post if you do not want to quote the entire post like I did yours.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There has never been a quote button for the OP.

But you can highlight them with your mouse and click "quote selection" that comes up.

image.png.8925f4b4803e2db2a1a4da68ef031262.png

 

Same for any post if you do not want to quote the entire post like I did yours.

 

 

Aha, right, many thanks. I didn't know you could do that but I do now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a shame more people are not aware of that, I discovered it when I found a word I didn't understand, highlighted it and saw this "quote selection" come up and thought how clever.

A long thread where people repeatedly quote a previous long post can become pretty dammed tedious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

Is there anyway to remove something I posted?

 

A member has a 20 minute limit after posting to edit their post, if you have gone beyond that limit and wish to have your post hidden, use the Report function and report your post and a moderator will hide your post for you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, metisdead said:

 

A member has a 20 minute limit after posting to edit their post, if you have gone beyond that limit and wish to have your post hidden, use the Report function and report your post and a moderator will hide your post for you. 

Thank you

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...