Forum Now Set Up Lads.

Jockstar

As you have now got what you want. Your own special corner of TV. I do hope this forum becomes a great addition to ThaiVisa. I will be the moderator for this place. Though i am a novice to fishing but i'm willing to learn. :D But just like any other part of Thai Visa. The rules still apply. Hope you enjoy this place. :D:o

I would like to thank Slackjawchef for having the unction to get this subforum started. But anyone else who had a part in it I thank you too.

Welcome Jockstar. It is good you are willing to learn, but remember it is unlikely that anyone is going to be telling the truth, as it is a fishing forum.

Ok, I'm a novice fisherman, but with some good catch already. I stay In Koh Phangan and I have a 18 feet fiberglass fishing boat with a 50 hp Honda 4 stroke outboard. A small echosounder and a not so professional fishing equipment (still a basic one).

Good to have a new forum!

• Like 1

As you have now got what you want. Your own special corner of TV. I do hope this forum becomes a great addition to ThaiVisa. I will be the moderator for this place. Though i am a novice to fishing but i'm willing to learn. :D But just like any other part of Thai Visa. The rules still apply. Hope you enjoy this place. :D:o

from a recent bKK post article on royal Thai navy doing training

post-34511-1239979698_thumb.jpg

Edited by yumidesign

This is wonderful news ! Thanks to those of you - you know who you are :D - who made this possible. It's a great addition to TV.

And I hope members will post about their fishing trip successes (and failures) and we get to see some nice photos of catches, assuming that's permitted here ?

Great job. :o

Dutch guy.

In Fishing on the fishing ponds in BKK. Caught some decent size fish prefer sweet water fishing over salt water fishing.

Have done some fishing on kho phi phi but never caught much and all you catch dies. I dont like that too much.

I love to fish with light material for large pla sawai or pla bug. Before i was fishing heavy now im fishing light and there is a difference in catch rate then.

• 2 weeks later...
As you have now got what you want. Your own special corner of TV. I do hope this forum becomes a great addition to ThaiVisa. I will be the moderator for this place. Though i am a novice to fishing but i'm willing to learn. :D But just like any other part of Thai Visa. The rules still apply. Hope you enjoy this place. :D:)

from a recent bKK post article on royal Thai navy doing training

post-34511-1239979698_thumb.jpg

Thats some cod piece he's caught there.

• 2 months later...

KHUNDAN (Dan),

Work and live in Bangkok and have a home also in Issan. I love to use lures and fish for Plachun (Snakehead) mainly.

I fish in Bangkok, Kanchanaburi and Phetchaburi.

I am always up for fishing on the weekends.

• 5 months later...

Been serching the web for a Thai fishing forum,and now i've found one that isn't run buy a tour company.Lived in Thailand 8 years,3 years Koh Samui and 5 years in Surin,NE thailand.I go fishing 3 or 4 days a week and have fished all over Thailand, i flyfish,lurefish,floatfish and some sea fishing in Koh Samui.Anybody need advice just post on here and i will try and help and vise versa.Good to be onboard. B.O.L.O.A.

Been serching the web for a Thai fishing forum,and now i've found one that isn't run buy a tour company.Lived in Thailand 8 years,3 years Koh Samui and 5 years in Surin,NE thailand.I go fishing 3 or 4 days a week and have fished all over Thailand, i flyfish,lurefish,floatfish and some sea fishing in Koh Samui.Anybody need advice just post on here and i will try and help and vise versa.Good to be onboard. B.O.L.O.A.

Welcome boloa.

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys Ian here AKA Stetch. Will be relocating to the Banpong / Ratchaburi area in the not to distant future.

Already posted a topic about trying to find locations. Maybe it would be a good idea to get a sticky thread with all the known locations and addresses of lakes for people that dont want to use the tour companies....

Theres enough peopel with this knowledge so how about sharing it.

Great board and keep up the good work.

• 8 months later...

Hello all - I have just joined the forum and am just finding my feet, thanks to everyone involved in the setting up of the forum, not only a forum for Thailand but a fishing forum to-boot, "heaven".

Good idea by Stretch about formulating the park locations - not sure what a "sticky thread" is though is it a special sort of jig used in Thailand Ha Ha.

Boloa - I'm off to Issan on Feb 19th to Khu Khan for a fortnight - visiting the in-laws, where is your house ?

Special tanks to Robblok for answering my first post and making me feel like part of the community

Tight lines to all, Off to pack now - flying out from Manchester on Wed

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hi guys - i have just moved down from bkk with the mrs and now have a place in hua hin....... dont know anyone yet in hua hin, and the lady in the fishing shops' english was not so hot, so it is great to have such a reliable and informative forum as this to browse thro....... thanks to Jockstar for setting it up

• 3 months later...

I’m a Dutch guy who next week pickups one of his oldest hobbies again. 50 Years ago my father taught me fishing. My fishing skills were not that excellent but I learned developing fisherman’s patience and swallowing fisherman’s friends over here. Today more refined fishing gear and warm clothing is available, so I’ve asked our local village fish shop to prepare one initial set of fishing gear for approaching the esox lucius again (also called pike, snook or snoek), and are about to ask another local expert about Dutch laws involved, including the smallest local ones related to walking over land because I do not own every piece of land yet. I am just a poor guy. Here in this forum I started studying my future transfer and elaboration of fishing skills into the Thai context. I don’t expect to become too frustrated and to troll, well over water, that is, when suddenly all my dongles refuse to work in my laptop. I am not a that xenophobic type of guy but more of a poet who likes to walk a little bit and talk to fellow fisherman at beautiful fishing spots while we are fishing and exchanging our local experiences and most beautiful stories. My mrs, and, my children, living happy, up north-east, liked to feed the large amount of untasty fish, in the biggest sanaam, at our local what ...? Happy fi[ni]shing ! Sanoek for you all, and hopefully some large snoek for me here in the Netherlands too.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I'm a keen Fisherman who lives in the Nong Bua Daeng area of Chaiyaphum province in Isaan, I know a few small, quite good fishing ponds, all the rivers have been over fished to death by the Thais netting & electro fishing unfortunately.

Always up for some new fishing spots in the area & fishing trips with others,who are welcome to come along to my spots if they want... feel free to PM me..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi can you please tell me where you got your boat i am after the same want to open a deep sea fishing club at hat samran (down south) thanks good to have our own forum good work

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What i really miss is trout fihing ib a clear mountain stream going to do saifish fishing next year looking forward to it

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 8 months later...

Halo , Aaron here - adn57

Live on Bali for 15 yrs. , been fishing almost 50 yrs , .. run a small charter biz and sometimes recreational fishing here ...

I look forward to visiting Thailand for an extended period of time in the near future .. hope to wet a line and bend a rod during my stay ...

Thanx for making a spot for fishing in this comprehensive forum !

• 3 years later...