Thai English Dict. Programs?

pianoman

My friends wife (Thai) in the States is taking English lessons and would like to obtain a program for her laptop that would aid her in learning English... I see many programs available here in Thailand, but do not know which are good / best... Any suggestions or recommendations??? Would be fantastic if they contained voice modual so that she could hear the words as well as read them...

If I can find something here, I will send it to them... Or possibly something on line that they could download???

Thanks in advance...

Pianoman

My friends wife (Thai) in the States is taking English lessons and would like to obtain a program for her laptop that would aid her in learning English...  I see many programs available here in Thailand, but do not know which are good / best...  Any suggestions or recommendations???  Would be fantastic if they contained voice modual so that she could hear the words as well as read them...

If I can find something here, I will send it to them...  Or possibly something on line that they could download???

Here is one option:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ronics&n=172282

I had also found a piece of software called "Vocabularies of the World", which contained translations for a few thousand words into 70 or 80 common languages.

This was geared primarily towards the english speaker trying to learn another language. However, since the words were the same in each language, I found that by opening the application twice, once for english to thai and again for american english to british english, that I could show my Thai fiancee' and friends how to spell and pronounce some basic english words with the actual thai spelling and pronouciation in front of them.

I'm not sure if this application is still being produced or where it could be purchased.

It's not an ideal application for what you may want, but it does work, if in an ass-backwards fashion.

HTH