Is Is Still Cold In Issan ?

pautai

last week i spoke to my friend the teacher in NonKhai district she said it was still cold and the locals were not bathing because the water was too cold and they couldnt face a cold shower in the morning so people were starting to pong a bit !

must be bad for the school kids not having adequate clothing in the mornings

I live 40 kms north of Korat and here it has warmed considerably.

Last week my family were sitting around fires saying how cold it was, I think they still showered as no-one ponged too much!!! :o

Now they are saying its as hot as it is at Songkran....so there you go. :D

Up here in Ubon the temperature both day and night has increased dramatically in the last week or so. My family have almost stopped using the installed hot water heater and are using just tap water for their showers. Big climate change very quickly.

last week i spoke to my friend the teacher in NonKhai district she said it was still cold and the locals were not bathing because the water was too cold and they couldnt face a cold shower in the morning so people were starting to pong a bit !

must be bad for the school kids not having adequate clothing in the mornings

is it still cold ? that depends on the comparison :

compared to europe it is f**king hot

compared to songkran it is f**king cold

people who have to use cold shower, usually don't live in comfortable houses, rather simple "baracks", they are used to cold and hot, and although it was this year longer cold than normal, i do not believe any thai not having at least once a day a shower, if not more often!

We are living in the area, and yes, the coldest i have seen on our thermo at 06.00am this winter was 16 celsius, right now, it's pretty back to normal, around 22-25 in the morning, daytime up to 35 (today). :o

Where do you live Chico?

Because here near NoneThai 40kms from Korat compared to Songkran its f**king hot!!!!!!

Where do you live Chico?

Because here near NoneThai 40kms from Korat compared to Songkran its f**king hot!!!!!!

could it be that your songkran-experience stems from london?

in isaan average songkran temp is 25 - 28 at night, 35 - 40 at day, all celsius! and not talking about humidity nearing 100! :o:D

Where do you live Chico?

could it be that your songkran-experience stems from london?

in isaan average songkran temp is 25 - 28 at night, 35 - 40 at day, all celsius! and not talking about humidity nearing 100! :D:D

My Songkran experience stems from Korat. Last night it was 24C here and now the temperature is 35C. :D:D

So that pretty much ties in with your Songkran temperatures!!! :o

Regardless of whether it is the same as Songkran or not, the temperatures have certainly soared upwards over the last week. :D

yep it's been pretty hot here this last week in Loei Province..... the seasons sure change fast and it's got to the stage that you really look forward to a cold shower before bed. :D

It also hasn't helped the temp with all the pyromaniacs we have living in the village.... they have started fires in the mountain range near where we live and it's been burning for the last 2 weeks.... :o

It has not rained here since the end of September......

All I know is I have had to turn on my air conditioning the past couple of weeks.

smiley_yes.gif

Air con,,, well i have to say that I haven't use aircon in last few yrs even in the Hot Season, cos Thais making good fans and running in and out from aircon room to outside is one good way to get sick.

Btw way here is nice figures from this year, as i have termometer what is recording lowest and highest tem.

In here 40Km off Ubon town we had lowest night time temperature this cold season +11.1C and days highest in the shade +52.2c, that is hot specially when there is no wind at all.

So lest wait and see what we going to have this year, now days it's getting nice and warm.

"Frying the egg's is lot of fun in the balcony black tiles", no need to have BBQ grill. :o

Here in Sisaket it's changed in the last week to scorching sun.Winters definitely gone and the fans are on.

The weather has gone crazy. In January in Isaan the low was just 6 (although the lowest we recorded was 10) and the highest 42. The worst thing is the humidity. It is very,very high at the mo,although this morning was considerably cooler. It is a case of taking it day by day.

The weather has gone crazy. In January in Isaan the low was just 6 (although the lowest we recorded was 10) and the highest 42. The worst thing is the humidity. It is very,very high at the mo,although this morning was considerably cooler. It is a case of taking it day by day.

and the problem is to have enough "cooling liquid for the engine"

unfortunately the price for the most common brand has gone up to 360/box :D:o

3 or 4 weeks ago it was COLD... I had to wear long sleeves and the quilt came out of hibernation....

Anyway went to BKK and Pattaya and it was warm.... got back to Isaan about 5 days ago and it's like someone had turned the gas up... no long sleeves for me now..... It's jumping in the canal time... :o

totster :D

It's always like this because in the winter months Issan comes under the cold high pressure fronts from China, the higher areas west of Nong Khai and the provinces around Nakhon Phanom seem to get especially parky. Now the hot season is making its presence felt as the high pressure retreats before the southern airmass, 'The heat is on', as that sexy black girl sang 20 years ago,( who was it?), we'll fry in April as usual, just pray for rain; God, I love the thunderstorms in Issan.

bannork

Edited by bannork

and the problem is to have enough "cooling liquid for the engine"

unfortunately the price for the most common brand has gone up to 360/box :D:o

That wasn't Erdinger

, 'The heat is on', as that sexy black girl sang 20 years ago,( who was it? - THOUGHT SHE WAS "A GIRL", NOT AN "IT"? :D SANG ON BEVERLY HILLS COP THEME RIGHT?), we'll fry in April as usual, just pray for rain (FIRST THUNDER SHOWER OF YEAR ALREADY ARRIVED THURSDAY :D ); God, I love the thunderstorms in Issan. (ME TOO! ESPECIALLY WHEN THAT FIRST SQUALL OF LOVELY COOL RAIN HITS :o )

Plachon

, 'The heat is on', as that sexy black girl sang 20 years ago,( who was it? - THOUGHT SHE WAS "A GIRL", NOT AN "IT"?  :D  SANG ON BEVERLY HILLS COP THEME RIGHT?), we'll fry in April as usual, just pray for rain (FIRST THUNDER SHOWER OF YEAR ALREADY ARRIVED THURSDAY  :D ); God, I love the thunderstorms in Issan. (ME TOO! ESPECIALLY WHEN THAT FIRST SQUALL OF LOVELY COOL RAIN HITS  :o )

Plachon

Surely,' Who was it (who sang that song)?' is acceptable English, snakehead fish?

What was her name though and can she sing morlam?

Regarding thunderstorms, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but let's hope it does.

bannork.