Thailand - According To The Nation

dbrenn

Interesting read - the editor of the Nation is going global in his campaign journalism against Thaksin's lot. Next up, state sponsored 'democratic' purges against anyone who is not waving a yellow flag.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/thai-army-link...90419-abdg.html

I mean. the editor of the Nation does sound a tad hypocritical - there was never any talk from the Nation of "dark plots" or "security failures" when protesters who supported Abhisit's lot laid siege to government house and shut down Bangkok's airport, eventually leading to the toppling of an elected government, while the the army stood by and did nothing. That was democracy in action, according to the Nation.

I wonder if this bias has anything to do with those lucrative advertising contracts that Thaksin's lot pulled. At the end of the day, it's all business and the moral high ground has nothing to do with it. Dark plots are a purely red phenomenon.

Edited by dbrenn

I wonder if this bias has anything to do with those lucrative advertising contracts that Thaksin's lot pulled.

Perhaps it has to do with the way, Thaksin/TRT used to sue anybody who ever reported a story which was critical of him for a Billion Baht, all in the name of media-freedom and democracy of course ? :o

I wonder if this bias has anything to do with those lucrative advertising contracts that Thaksin's lot pulled.

Perhaps it has to do with the way, Thaksin/TRT used to sue anybody who ever reported a story which was critical of him for a Billion Baht, all in the name of media-freedom and democracy of course ? :o

I couldn't agree more. Thaksin's lot were a bad bunch, with this annoying habit of winning elections.

Freedom of speech was one of the reasons given by the military junta for the coup, and the installation of Abhisit's lot following the toppling of the civilian government that had been twice elected by the majority.

Now, Abhisit's and his party are resorting to the very same tactics of trying to silence people. Why close down the community radio stations, if the people support your actions? More here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/politics/1...-spreading-lies

Why keep watch on people 'feeding lies', instead of letting people draw their own conclusions? Who decides what are 'lies' in the first place? The army, it seems.

How's that for freedom of speech? Is silencing the opposition Abhisit's idea of reconciliation and open dialogue?

Edited by dbrenn