Ban Chang Compared To Hua Hin?

loverboy44

Ban Chang's a lot quieter than HH for sure. Well spread out from the coast to the town about 4km inland. Enough small bars/resteraunts dotted around the place and the "strip" up in town. 40 mins up to Pattaya or 20 down to Rayong. House rentals from 3000 to 100,000+ a month depending on what you want. Beaches not as well kept as HH but there are some around that are looked after.

Enjoy

Ban Chang is a lot quieter and laid back compared to HH. BC is definitely not a tourist town like HH and most likely never will be. I like the area after a year or so and being closer to Pattaya and Rayong for shopping is nice. If you need nightlife, shopping and restaurants, BC does not support this. Maybe in time as the town grows. After all we do have a small Tesco now so what's next?

Hi Folks,

i am thinking about moving from Hua Hin to Ban Chang.

How does it compare? Hua Hin is getting too crowded for me and too much cheating going on.

So i am looking for a place that's maybe like HH 10 years ago.

Thanks up front!

Crowded? I moved here to HH because it is so quiet!

What's all this cheating then?

Hi Folks,

i am thinking about moving from Hua Hin to Ban Chang.

How does it compare? Hua Hin is getting too crowded for me and too much cheating going on.

So i am looking for a place that's maybe like HH 10 years ago.

Thanks up front!

Why not move just a little North to Cha-Am, if HH if too crowded for you?

Penkoprod

*edited for typos

Edited by Penkoprod

I have to say thank you for the constructive replies. It looks like it is what i am looking for. I will have a look at it soon.

What i have to say as well is that i didn't start this topic as a discussion about cheating in HH. Everyone who opens their eyes will know anyway.

Thanks again. What about the beaches and dining out in Ban Chang.

Happy for every helpful answer.

I have to say thank you for the constructive replies. It looks like it is what i am looking for. I will have a look at it soon.

What i have to say as well is that i didn't start this topic as a discussion about cheating in HH. Everyone who opens their eyes will know anyway.

Think the poster who asked about the cheating has asked a very valid question...

If you are referring to getting involved with Thai women and them cheating on you, then Ban Chang is just as bad if not worse than H.H, if you get involved with someone frrom the "Strip"

If you are talking about being cheated by shops, restaurants etc....Ban Chang is not a tourist destination so of the opinion (been in BC for 8 years) that the local farangs in the areas dont get cheated to the same degree as say Pattaya, but pretty sure it goes on in some shape or form.

Beaches in Ban Chang are so..so, Plenty of restaurants/bars in the area, catering for all tastes...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Restaurants-...ng-t194184.html