Can't Call A Cambodian Cell Phone - Why?

Thanh-BKK

Hi.

Since several days i am completely unable to call a Cambodian cell phone. I always get a "busy" signal, i have tried from Hutch, CAT, D-TAC, AIS and even landline (True), each with 009 and 001 prefixes - no joy, "busy" all the time.

And the number is definitely NOT busy as it's right here with me (i have a Cambodian SIM in one of my phones). I CAN receive calls originating in Cambodia, so the roaming is fine.

Anyone facing a similar problem and maybe even got a solution..?

Kind regards....

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK

Hi.

I can't get through to the Cambodian helpline either, except when using the Cambodian phone - not much point in that as i know there is nothing wrong with the CAMBODIAN phone, the problem is with Thailand - for some reason, none of Thai networks (including landline) can call a Cambodian cell phone. Mobitel's hotline is a (Cambodian) mobile number as well.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Shes turned it off mate, happens alot.

Did you bother actually reading what the OP had written ??

He had the Cambodian Sim with him !!

Why do people have to be so sarcastic and ignorant ?

just for fun, did you try to call your thai mobile with your cambodian phone?

Hi :o

That wouldn't work because, while roaming in Thailand, the Cambodian phone can only call to other Cambodian numbers which works fine, for example i can reach Mobitel's customer service and a couple of friends in Cambodia (mobile numbers) without problems. While roaming calls to non-Cambodian numbers are not possible - yeah, restrictive but better than nothing, it's pre-paid after all.

As i can receive calls originating in Cambodia (and via VoIP as tested 30 seconds ago!) the problem must be with Thailand's system(s) which seem to disable calls to +855 (001855 and 009855) entirely. Just tested again - none of my phones (available: AIS/1-2-call, CAT CDMA pre-paid, Hutch post-paid, Hutch pre-paid, True Move post-paid, True Move pre-paid, D-TAC pre-paid, True landline) will connect to it, i get "busy" on every single one of them, using "+", "001" and "009" prefixes.

@milkycheese

No "she" involved, it's my own number :D Which is how i can test it so easily.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Edited by Thanh-BKK