Looking To Settle Down In Krabi

Datsun240Z

Want to settle myself down in Krabi, my girl likes it there to and has good memories to it. Nice place to live, although not all the comfort of BKK. The main problem is, i'm a mechanical engineer, good in practically all technical things. But how to find some work in Krabi/Region? :o And what about the house rental, somebody know any good information for me? I'm from Europe, Netherlands. My degree in engineering here is pretty high, and have Supervisor function. But no idea, what i can mean in Thailand. I'm not looking for the best of the best job there, than i shouldn't go to Thailand. But just a good income.

Thanks guys :D

Maybe one of the local motorbike service shops would have need for your skills, sure they will be happy to pay you THB150 per day for your labour, 6 days a week sure you will have a nice life.

Seriously though, do you know much about Krabi? What industry is based there, what kind of opportunities there are for engineers?

Could you do work that does not require you to be based in your place of work? Internet work?

I see that is why you are requesting information but it would not take a lot of research to realise this for yourself.

Most people I have seen working in this area manage their own business, but then you need capital and a some grey matter, or the capital to purchase a going concern.

Maybe you should consider offshore work and spending your time off in the Krabi area, where I am sure you could have a nice life.

You will have to spend time away with the offshore work but I am sure there are many people who will "entertain" your other half and ensure she is not lonely while you are away :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Want to settle myself down in Krabi, my girl likes it there to and has good memories to it. Nice place to live, although not all the comfort of BKK. The main problem is, i'm a mechanical engineer, good in practically all technical things. But how to find some work in Krabi/Region? :) And what about the house rental, somebody know any good information for me? I'm from Europe, Netherlands. My degree in engineering here is pretty high, and have Supervisor function. But no idea, what i can mean in Thailand. I'm not looking for the best of the best job there, than i shouldn't go to Thailand. But just a good income.

hi, I am currently looking for some key professionals who have engineering experience working with power plants - Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion types will be advantages. Mechanical, Electrical, Construction-Boiler Errection, Steel Structural, Wielding Experts, Safety Officers, Contract Engineers etc are the current requirements.

The company seeking to hire is excellent and compensation is not an issue for the right candidate, these are permanent placements.

It would be helpful if you can suggest few names of freinds or other members who might be interested in these above mentioned roles..

Thanks mate

Maybe one of the local motorbike service shops would have need for your skills, sure they will be happy to pay you THB150 per day for your labour, 6 days a week sure you will have a nice life. I think that would be a no no, and still would be stuck with the WP rules, and 4 thai for 1 foreigner, and the small bike business is a no no in Thailand, although I know I would deliver much greater work than the average thai som chai.

Seriously though, do you know much about Krabi? What industry is based there, what kind of opportunities there are for engineers? I don't know much about it, but it's not that big either.

Could you do work that does not require you to be based in your place of work? Internet work?

I'm trying this, for so far not a big result yet, since it's difficult to find what to do for work online, nor make an income.. I do not want to be an ebay junkie.

I see that is why you are requesting information but it would not take a lot of research to realise this for yourself. That's true, but good advise/information is always welcome to me.

Most people I have seen working in this area manage their own business, but then you need capital and a some grey matter, or the capital to purchase a going concern. Capital which I do not have, some savings to go and stay there a while, after that I have to find income.

Maybe you should consider offshore work and spending your time off in the Krabi area, where I am sure you could have a nice life. Forget that.

You will have to spend time away with the offshore work but I am sure there are many people who will "entertain" your other half and ensure she is not lonely while you are away :)Forget that. :D

Want to settle myself down in Krabi, my girl likes it there to and has good memories to it. Nice place to live, although not all the comfort of BKK. The main problem is, i'm a mechanical engineer, good in practically all technical things. But how to find some work in Krabi/Region? :D And what about the house rental, somebody know any good information for me? I'm from Europe, Netherlands. My degree in engineering here is pretty high, and have Supervisor function. But no idea, what i can mean in Thailand. I'm not looking for the best of the best job there, than i shouldn't go to Thailand. But just a good income.

hi, I am currently looking for some key professionals who have engineering experience working with power plants - Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion types will be advantages. Mechanical, Electrical, Construction-Boiler Errection, Steel Structural, Wielding Experts, Safety Officers, Contract Engineers etc are the current requirements.

The company seeking to hire is excellent and compensation is not an issue for the right candidate, these are permanent placements.

It would be helpful if you can suggest few names of freinds or other members who might be interested in these above mentioned roles..

Thanks mate

First, check your spelling here! If you mean to say you can offer me work overthere, please feel free to contact me: [email protected] , if you'r also looking for more people, contact me to. :)

Have to ask.....did you have one...I did in 88/89 ....best car ever had.......

I had a '79 280 in college, 1986, loved that car, sporty fast.

OP-on the jobs section of this Forum was a company looking for salespeople in Krabi. Sounded like if you made a good go of it in the beginning they would then set you up with your own branch. Window tinting or something, check it out.

changnaam was obviously being sarcastic and has nothing better to do - A typical newbie to the forum.

Krabi is a wonderful place, although it may not be suitable if you're expecting to be out partying every night. As for work, well, your qualifications are going to have to be for a profession that a Thai national isn't able to do - and isn't on the banned list for foreigners. Unfortunately most engineering jobs fall into this category. If you're going to be totally reliant on YOUR earned income, then I'd think very carefully again before making the final commitment. Good luck

geoffphuket

Have to ask.....did you have one...I did in 88/89 ....best car ever had.......

I had a '79 280 in college, 1986, loved that car, sporty fast.

OP-on the jobs section of this Forum was a company looking for salespeople in Krabi. Sounded like if you made a good go of it in the beginning they would then set you up with your own branch. Window tinting or something, check it out.

P.S. here is that link, I think it would cost you around 40,000thb to set up your own "consultancy" company. But maybe other posters have better info there.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Sales-Agent-...un-t274073.html

changnaam was obviously being sarcastic and has nothing better to do - A typical newbie to the forum.

Krabi is a wonderful place, although it may not be suitable if you're expecting to be out partying every night. As for work, well, your qualifications are going to have to be for a profession that a Thai national isn't able to do - and isn't on the banned list for foreigners. Unfortunately most engineering jobs fall into this category. If you're going to be totally reliant on YOUR earned income, then I'd think very carefully again before making the final commitment. Good luck

geoffphuket

Geoffrey,

Sorry you don't like a small attempt at humor, added to some sensible advice.

And sincere apologies for being "a typical newbie" I guess only the chosen ones are invited to give their views.

TIT

You've no chance of keeping this serious now....You wrote "threat", not "thread"

Huggy will be freaking!!!!......now you have ruined Huggys day....the poor lamb.

Good luck with the job hunting.

NM-I've already related to you the only thing that "ruins my day", did you get it? "poor lamb" HA, if you can imagine the opposite (hungry shark).............

OP- you say you are an engineer, can you do computer repair work? Upgrade hardware, assemble, etc?

You might find an underground niche, I've seen other farangs advertise their computer repair via posters and local papers.

Relax guys, where's not here to bash each other.

@ Huggybear: Yes I can do that.

No worries, Nattymatt and I have some history here, at some point we're going to have a beer at RCA and Nattymatt is suppose to introduce me to his katoey.

O.K. OP, then you are on. You can work "under the radar" as a computer tech until you have the money to set up a company, get yourself a work permit under "computer consultant". Advertise with local posters and maybe the local paper. For an example look at the Phuket Gazette's classifieds now, there is a guy advertising the same type of services. Guaranteed he has no work permit.

No worries, Nattymatt and I have some history here, at some point we're going to have a beer at RCA and Nattymatt is suppose to introduce me to his katoey.

O.K. OP, then you are on. You can work "under the radar" as a computer tech until you have the money to set up a company, get yourself a work permit under "computer consultant". Advertise with local posters and maybe the local paper. For an example look at the Phuket Gazette's classifieds now, there is a guy advertising the same type of services. Guaranteed he has no work permit.

Seems a good idea. Then only the language problem is here then again, how they explain me the problem.... :)

Seems a good idea. Then only the language problem is here then again, how they explain me the problem.... :)

That will be with whatever you do here, if that is a big concern, that you will be unable to adapt here, best you stay home.

Most people I have seen working in this area manage their own business, but then you need capital and a some grey matter, or the capital to purchase a going concern. Capital which I do not have, some savings to go and stay there a while, after that I have to find income.

you are definately going to need some funds..in ABUNDANCE!!, if you are going to follow through with this huge party you offered all the T.V members last week!!

I think someone has been posting after getting on the SCHNAPPS..hehe

Also, didnt i see you posting in another thread offerring translation/law services or some such help with issues regarding expats and laywers/wives??!!

now you tell us you cant speak thai!!! :D

I also had a 280Z in the old days...and they to were NOTORIOUS for rolling,not to mention crashing and burning :)

Want to settle myself down in Krabi, my girl likes it there to and has good memories to it. Nice place to live, although not all the comfort of BKK. The main problem is, i'm a mechanical engineer, good in practically all technical things. But how to find some work in Krabi/Region? :D And what about the house rental, somebody know any good information for me? I'm from Europe, Netherlands. My degree in engineering here is pretty high, and have Supervisor function. But no idea, what i can mean in Thailand. I'm not looking for the best of the best job there, than i shouldn't go to Thailand. But just a good income.

Thanks mate

First, check your spelling here! If you mean to say you can offer me work overthere, please feel free to contact me: [email protected] , if you'r also looking for more people, contact me to. :)

Hard to believe you're serious with this thread when you tell someone who offered you the possibility of a job to "check your spelling"! Also not sure why your email address has been left up by the mods.

I think most of your posts are more to do with your self confessed craziness than genuine queries.

You're not a Dutch version of Donz are you? :D:D

Not much of a problem huggybear. In the meanwhile i've found some Dutch guy who runs a organisation in pattani. Maybe there will roll something out.

Well, if he has inexpensive bullet proof vests for sale, that'll be a good business there.

Actually, I shouldn't make light of what is a serious problem in this country in that area. I felt terribly last year when those people beat that young female Thai teacher to death, horrible......daily killings there, bad situation.