Looking To Settle Down In Krabi

Datsun240Z

My GF lives there, so I'm facing everyday to recieve the news of her being killed. It's not so nice. I know the problems in the South, but I'm not afraid of it.

I'm sure the locals know where the hotspots are, and as long as she isn't a teacher I think she is probably alright, but yes, were I you I'd relocate her to Krabi when you go.

Best of luck to you both, HB

• 2 weeks later...

krabi is nice , relax and peaceful.You may easily find house or apartment for rent here,but job is hard to find I suppose.Well I'm helping many foreigner to relocate feel free to email me the detail of house that you wanted to rent at <email address deleted as per forum rules>

Edited by Maestro

krabi is nice , relax and peaceful.You may easily find house or apartment for rent here,but job is hard to find I suppose.Well I'm helping many foreigner to relocate feel free to email me the detail of house that you wanted to rent at <email address deleted as per forum rules>

Hi wandeerat,

I noticed you posted another site on the other thread.

Be sure to read through the Forum rules as we are not allowed to use this forum as a vehicle to promote our own websites (spam).

Regards, HB

Edited by Maestro

Hi wandeerat,

Be sure to read through the Forum rules as we are not allowed to use this forum as a vehicle to promote our own websites (spam).

Regards, HB

Watch out Wandeerat the wannabe "thai visa" police are on to you

Sure your mate would have been on to that HB but I guess he is too busy on the golf course or whatever else it is that he does.

Edited by Maestro

Hi wandeerat,

Regards, HB

Watch out Wandeerat the wannabe "thai visa" police are on to you

Sure your mate would have been on to that HB but I guess he is too busy on the golf course or whatever else it is that he does.

Easy changnam, I'm no "wannabe police", but would prefer that the forums not turn into a huge advertising spam machine. I'm sick enough of the banner ads, let alone a newbie looking for some "link love" to move his site up the google rankings.

Edited by Maestro

Okay, he just mentioned his e-mail! By the way as stated finding accomodation is easy, then the rest! If got of the idea of teaching English, I don't see myself doing it, as a mechanic. Economy really worse at the moment. Maybe it may take some more time guys. If anybody got something for me, let me know. '

I've found an Belgium agency ( near holland ) which is also looking out for jobs, there's more hope.

• 2 weeks later...
Got a talk with a Dutch/Thai company today, but not my thing. Into sales again :)

Is there any hope? :D

I am afraid, there is no hope for you :D

I am living in Asia for 25 years. If you wanna be successful, you need to be self-driven, innovative, creative and don't ask others to feed you :D This way the survival game for you won't even start :D

Got a talk with a Dutch/Thai company today, but not my thing. Into sales again :)

Is there any hope? :D

I am afraid, there is no hope for you :D

I am living in Asia for 25 years. If you wanna be successful, you need to be self-driven, innovative, creative and don't ask others to feed you :D This way the survival game for you won't even start :D

I am, but I'm not wanting to do things that are out of my field. Plus isn't it any normal you get a reaction back from Thai nor Foreigner companies when applying for a job etc? Is it a good idea, to find the job, when actually in Thailand? Because I don't see any positive development by mail nor phone calls. I really wanna go there, the sooner the better ( GF out there ), I'm willing to take the risks, I did that before.

I would agree with some of the earlier posts.

Look for work offshore, or out of Thailand and spend your time off here in Krabi.

It didn't take too long for me to realize that Thailand is not the place to work..... great place to live and relax, but work is just too much hassle here.

Play golf, go sailing, or do whatever you enjoy...but earn yer dosh elsewhere.

You maybe able to find something up in BKK. I know someone that "consults" for a power station up there.

Goodluck

Is there a better chance if I'd go around in BKK, instead of mailing and calling? I've got about the basic same reactions from almost every foreigner, nor foreigner company, and understand those facts, that's it's very very very difficult to get a decent job out there in LOS, if NOT high educated.

You will not be allowed to do a job a Thai can do, that is about the bottom line.

I understand, that's why I am looking for a job a Thai " can't " do.

This quote is incorrect.

Farangs and Thais are dive instucors

Farangs and Thais are OPC's in Timeshare

Farangs and Thais teach English

etc

etc

so it is a myth that you cant do what a Thai can do.

Many I.T. companies in BKK hire Indians, yet they work alongside and do the same work as Thais...

mm okay......

hmmmm...NOT okay! :)

Ask your gf to start calling official car dealers in BKK and tell her to ask further and further WHERE the best body workshops in BKK are for oldtimers....complicated artwork and repair with car-body works with oldtimers, minimum 30, 40 years old cars.

You're very good in oldtimers and body work for the same; concentrate on that kind of business, go to Thailand and start talking with these people in BKK and tell them you're the bloody best in the field and tell them to hire you, let them fix you with a workpermit and DO something!

From there you will start to know a lot of people and the rest will follow and in a few years you're #1 in the oldtimer business; importing old wrecks and make them as new....

You need a kick in the a_ss !...start running !

LaoPo

Agree with you LaoPo. I love to do something in the oldtimer business, car business, body repair etc in Thailand. It's always been my hobby and work. Problem is, my GF is not much of a willing to help me now ( not going so good at the moment, all kinds of background factors ), so I have to do this stuff myself. ( GF case let it rest for some time )

Another problem is, I can do all this stuff, because basically I've got interest for it, and wanting it to learn myself. I can do all kinds of things, from engines ( mechanic ) to bodywork, to welding, to whatever you name it, but for all this. I have no official certificates or degree's, which is a must. If not prooving yourself have to be done first, or mainly they do not hire me at all. That's even a problem here in NL. What I have is from Mechanical Engineering ( Werktuigbouwkunde in Dutch ), and Bike mechanic ( bachelor level +- ).

Also I have not much € in reserve... working on that now. ( Savings ) So planning to maybe at the end of this year makeing the move to Thailand? and work my way from there..

To honestly say, I'm a bit afraid of the "work" system in Thailand, and how or where to start. I do not speak the lingo, but only English. ( Learning Thai though )

But what your saying is my thinking LaoPo, and once the ball starts rolling...

( I always keep pictures of my work here, so I can use that later )

Edited by Datsun240Z

There is a big demand for english teachers , very easy to find a job that will give you 30-40k .

I know about germans and scandinavians teaching english and they had no experience before they started.

There is a big demand for english teachers , very easy to find a job that will give you 30-40k .

I know about germans and scandinavians teaching english and they had no experience before they started.

I tried that, but eventually I realised, it's not what I want. I'm good at technical things, not a teacher. I'm not much of a talker either, and a bit shy. YES, you won't believe, but it's true.